Whistling Noise?????

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
Just wondering if anybody else has what sounds like an intake whistle under normal throttle? I heard something similar on my L when I had a Johnny lightning CAI, you could here air going through the filter (not blower whine).My 5.0 is stock besides an axle back. Is it from the dang sound tube or does the stok air box just sound like that?

ViciousJay

Established Member
Just wondering if anybody else has what sounds like an intake whistle under normal throttle? I heard something similar on my L when I had a Johnny lightning CAI, you could here air going through the filter (not blower whine).My 5.0 is stock besides an axle back. Is it from the dang sound tube or does the stok air box just sound like that?

its the sound tube, ive sense deleted mine and added the boss mani, jlt intake and let me tell you it sounds like a ****ing tornado driving down the road. It was storming pretty bad the other night on the way home from dinner with my folks and she kept asking me if i could hear that whistling sound? i was like no, but :-D on the inside.

Last edited:

x275_eric

Established Member
if im thinking of the same thing your talking about im pretty sure its normal. my moms 07 chip foose mustang gt makes a sound like that when takeing off at a normal speed from a dead stop or sumthin like that. sounds like a turbo sound kinda?

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
Ok. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt crazy.
Not really a turbo sound. Just a high pitched whistle when you push the go pedal.

Users who are viewing this thread