White smoke from right side exhaust?

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
I just recently purchased a Dsg 03 cobra and I haven't driven the car since I first bought it. Yesterday I started it up and noticed big puff of white smoke from the right side exhaust pipe. The smoke is continuous and goes away once the car is fully warmed up. The white smoke is not there when driving the car, the car does not overheat either. My though is the right side head has a very small leak and seals once its hot. Any thoughts or experience from someone with a similar issue.

94slowbra1

Established Member
only out of one side is strange. from the factory you have a crossover in the middle of the exhaust so it should be coming out of both sides. and any aftermarket exhaust will also have some sort of crossover to equalize the banks. not sure what could be causing it

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
only out of one side is strange. from the factory you have a crossover in the middle of the exhaust so it should be coming out of both sides. and any aftermarket exhaust will also have some sort of crossover to equalize the banks. not sure what could be causing it

Most of that white smoke comes out the passenger side tailpipe. The tailpipe on the drivers side, very little shows, nothing like the passenger side.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Could be something on its way out. A leak down might not be a bad idea.

Do you still have the 99?

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Last night i took the plugs out and found some signs of water on cylinder 2 but nothing drastic. Ran a compression check on 1-4 cylinders came back at 170 and one at 160. Was done on a cold engine. Numbers are good.

hotcobra03

Established Member
What's weather like there.

I notice a lot of smoke when it gets colder..like it's just condinsation burning off

Users who are viewing this thread