Whiteline Watts Link Review

nissenc1337

Established Member
Except for the failing upper control arms you mean right? :p

You know, they recognized the problem and made customers whole and created a new solution very quickly that hasn't had any problems since. To me, that says a lot about a company despite producing a failed part. If it does anything for me, it makes me want to buy from them all the more.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
You know, they recognized the problem and made customers whole and created a new solution very quickly that hasn't had any problems since. To me, that says a lot about a company despite producing a failed part. If it does anything for me, it makes me want to buy from them all the more.

Good points. The UCA put me off the brand for a bit.

101blur

Established Member
Good Review OP Im still on the fence on weather to go with whiteline or Cortex I'm leaning towards whiteline since I already have all there other parts but I know cortex is local to me and makes a great product as well hmmmm

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Any way to brace where one I saw a pivot break a "sleeve" off? I was thinking about how effective it would be to use a strap of steel bridging the two bolts...in an effort to distribute loads.

MRGTX

Established Member
Great review and very encouraging...but I don't recall hearing if folks who track these cars/win their classes in Auto-X go for this mod. Something tells me they still run a panhard bar.

There is some discussion on another Mustang forum talking about how the improvement may be more along the lines of feel and driver confidence rather than objective handling performance.

Also, there is discusison/concern about the durability of the Whiteline assembly...so I am anxious to learn more about that too before writing a check.

Sadly, more than any other forums I frequent, the discussion of Mustang upgrades seems to be tainted by vendors espousing their (biased) opinions...so it's hard to sift fact from capitalism.

86Fbody

Established Member
Great review and very encouraging...but I don't recall hearing if folks who track these cars/win their classes in Auto-X go for this mod. Something tells me they still run a panhard bar.

There is some discussion on another Mustang forum talking about how the improvement may be more along the lines of feel and driver confidence rather than objective handling performance.

Also, there is discusison/concern about the durability of the Whiteline assembly...so I am anxious to learn more about that too before writing a check.

Sadly, more than any other forums I frequent, the discussion of Mustang upgrades seems to be tainted by vendors espousing their (biased) opinions...so it's hard to sift fact from capitalism.

I don't think that a Watts would be super beneficial for an Auto-X simply because there are less elevation changes/bumps/etc to upset the rear end than in a Road Course where I would think the Watts may out shine the PHB. I am with you however in wondering if any race teams have switched to a Watts from a PHB and actually decreased lap times.

magnido45

Established Member

Hi MRGTX...please believe me when I say that feel, confidence and "CONTROL" ARE the products of the Whiteline Watts Link's actual real-world performance over the Whiteline (or any other aftermarket brand) Panhard Bar/Brace Unit I had on there...the rear just bobs straight up and down evenly now (on the bumpy, windy road I commute on) rather than bouncing/swaying all over the place...seriously...no more white knuckling the steering wheel and having to fight the wheel to keep the car stablized in its lane at high speeds.

Here's a pic I found...different Watts Link but same principle...this really illustrates the problem I had well. Look how the panhard bar/brace unit moves up and down in an arc...taking bumps from the rear left wheel will yield a different kind of rebound than bumps from the rear right wheel...thus, producing something similar to (lack of a better term) a teeter-tooter-like effect between the rear left and rear right wheel...which explains why the rear was so unstable and jumpy.

751_WattsLink.jpg

imeyers302

Established Member

I installed the Steeda watts link on my 2014 GT Track Pack after doing all my other suspension stuff. The difference it made was dramatic. Yes on a perfectly smooth straight road you won't feel a difference but as soon as the road gets twisty or has the slightest imperfections the difference is night and day. The rear end feels connected to the rest of the car finally. No more loosey goosey feeling back there. Feel is very important to a lot of drivers and that's where the watts link pays for itself many times over on a solid rear axle car. I am convinced that most people who say otherwise don't have one. It is well worth the price.

image hosting gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread