Whiteline Watts Link@ SEMA

GT500662

Established Member
Had a in depth conversation with a guy about my car at the whiteline booth today. He pretty much sold me on adding this to my car. Can anyone already using this give me some feedback? My car is a PP car and not a track pack car so I would not have to worry about the diff cooler.

rdsnk46

Established Member
I don't think Whiteine is the choice for most GT500 owners, anybody running Whiteline products? I would think BMR or Steeda would be superior from my knowledge.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
BMR doesn't have a watts link.... yet. They have said they are developing one.

GT500662

Established Member
I'm running the BMR lower now....I was just thinking of adding the watts link if it was advised by others.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Sorry for the BMR/Steeda confusion, I was speaking of suspension components solely. I didnt consider the fact that the watts link was not produced by everone. Carry on!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
No need to apologize as BMR has been working on a Watt's (actually two versions) for quite some time now.

BAS

Established Member
I had a full BMR rear end set up. I replaced the panhard and a couple of other parts in favour of a Watts link. The rear end now has the Cortex Racing Watts Link, catch-can and torque arm. All I can say is awesome!! It is so predictable and planted. Definitely worth the upgrade. It mixes well with BMR and the stock shocks. (PP & TP car)

I chose Cortex over Griggs because it looked like a very well machined and integrated piece of kit... even though it replaced the diff cover. There is a full review here

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-...1311-cortex-s197-suspension-test-xtreme-grip/

Last edited:

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Fanatastic forum. I wonder how many will realize that they have to start at the bottom of the linked page and then follow the thread...up.

phil123

Established Member
What is the NVH like with the Watts and torque arm?

I had a full BMR rear end set up. I replaced the panhard and a couple of other parts in favour of a Watts link. The rear end now has the Cortex Racing Watts Link, catch-can and torque arm. All I can say is awesome!! It is so predictable and planted. Definitely worth the upgrade. It mixes well with BMR and the stock shocks. (PP & TP car)

I chose Cortex over Griggs because it looked like a very well machined and integrated piece of kit... even though it replaced the diff cover. There is a full review here

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-...1311-cortex-s197-suspension-test-xtreme-grip/

BAS

Established Member
Third link is replaced by the torque arm supporting the diff from underneath. So any noise from the third link and the panhard are removed in favor of the watts and torque arm assembly. Less clunking.

When we first fitted the torque arm we put the bolts in the wrong way around... Near the top of the torque arm the clearances are very small with the left hand exxo, the torque arm and the right hand exxo running parallel with each other. The exxo and engine noise was transferred straight in to the cabin! This was solved by reversing the bolts and it is perfect now.

All said, less noise and vibration... Slightly stiffer and way way more predictable at every level.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread