Whiteline, what is the latest update on your remanufactured uca ?

mycroft

Established Member
I talked to them last week, they said 1-2 weeks and they'd be done with durability testing for the new units and shipping them out to those waiting on the replacement pieces.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Adjustable Uca's are for lowered cars with one piece shafts that have no cv joint at the rear. With the dss cv joint in the rear you don't need an adjustable uca. Besides the roush unit can handle a 1 inch drop with a regular aluminum d/s because thats what their suspension package comes with! Anything beyond 1.25 inches requires and adjustable uca on a regular aluminum d/s!

They are also beyond ideal on cars lowered more than 1.5" as well with the stock DS. I learned this the hard way, because like people in this thread, others told me the same thing and I went without one at the beginning.

Even though I got the UCA plus mount on the car after being lowered about 2 months with the H&R SS, still damaged the differential.

Finishline has the car on the lift right now, so I'll know for sure later, but pretty sure it damaged my crush sleeve and my pinion seal. It might also have damaged my pinion bearing too.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Im running the Tokico 1.5" Drop springs with stock DS & Stock UCA. (adj LCAs)
Is this a major issue that I need to address now or can it wait!?

Id like to just get teh ROUSH piece but its non-adj....so thats gonna require me to get the DSS shaft correct!?

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Im running the Tokico 1.5" Drop springs with stock DS & Stock UCA. (adj LCAs)
Is this a major issue that I need to address now or can it wait!?

You should check your pinion angle if its way off you could develope issues with your rear pinion bearing and seal...a car that low needs an adjustable Uca. Optimal pinion angle is -2 degrees!

AMWill

Hey everyone,

I wanted to bump this thread with very promising news! Whiteline recently contacted us about their revised UCA and sent us a sample of the finished product. This new Whiteline UCA benefits from a thicker steel and additional bracing to endure whatever you can throw at it. I think you guys will be very pleased with updated UCA.

Whiteline has a large shipment of these revised UCA's headed our way, too. Starting no later than 10/17/2013, all of our Whiteline UCA's will be swapped out for the revised version!

Also, I took some cell pics of the revised UCA, so you guys get a sneak peak!

Shane

Whiteline1_zps17fba4de.gif

Whiteline3_zpsc6324350.gif

Whiteline2_zpsf2f30eac.gif

Whiteline4_zps9c1eba14.gif

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
Looks like they still might contact the diff on lowered cars. Have you guys thrown one on a car to see if this is the case?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
when i took my old one out and put my steeda uca and mount in i found the the Whiteline main under the seat bolt is smaller then the steeda bracket bolt as well as the stock uca bolt I wonder why Whiteline opted for the smaller bolt?

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
Pinion adjustment on the whiteline is an absolutely horrible design. I dont like to slam peoples products but from having owned this piece first hand it isnt worth owning. Simply look at the process for pinion adjustment with this UCA and it is laughable. Really if I would have known what I was looking at before I bought mine I never would have. Any guy that has been modding RWD vehicles in the past should see this immediately. My 14 GT is my first RWD vehicle so I had no idea.

Also mine was hitting my rear end and creating a humming noise. They did not change the design at all to correct that.

Last edited:

magnido45

Established Member
Hey everyone,

I wanted to bump this thread with very promising news! Whiteline recently contacted us about their revised UCA and sent us a sample of the finished product. This new Whiteline UCA benefits from a thicker steel and additional bracing to endure whatever you can throw at it. I think you guys will be very pleased with updated UCA.

Whiteline has a large shipment of these revised UCA's headed our way, too. Starting no later than 10/17/2013, all of our Whiteline UCA's will be swapped out for the revised version!

Also, I took some cell pics of the revised UCA, so you guys get a sneak peak!

Shane

Whiteline1_zps17fba4de.gif

Whiteline3_zpsc6324350.gif

Whiteline2_zpsf2f30eac.gif

Whiteline4_zps9c1eba14.gif

Shane...thanks for posting these pics...you DA MAN!!!

AMWill

Looks like they still might contact the diff on lowered cars. Have you guys thrown one on a car to see if this is the case?

We haven't gotten a chance to test that yet, unfortunately. The UCA in the pictures posted is actually the very first one we received. I'm sure we'll be installing it in one of our S197's sooner or later, but right now it's on display until we get our full shipment in. Then we can have some fun with it!

Shane

WHITELINE

Established Member
From a busing perspective, the other brand's synthetic bushing employs a pinhole voiding feature and lacks a thrust washer to properly retain the bushing within the structural housing. The construction technique results in reduced structural durability and integrity in the long-term and is prone to excessive NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) characteristics as it wears because it lacks overall structural durability and integrity.

The Steeda bushings we use in our upper control arm are a special proprietary three-piece design (see image below) we engineered and competition tested to enhance performance and reduce NVH.. We strategically integrate a thrust washer to secure the bushing, further increasing structural integrity and providing reduced slop. Designed for demanding use on both the street and track, our part has been extensively tested on our race cars under the most severe conditions possible.

Going to the softer bushing will reduce the nvh but sacrifice control. Our bushing durometer gives you the best trade off of handling vs nvh.

Best Regards,

TJ
Our design simply does not require any thrust washer to retain the bushing. Having that on our unit is just useless. Since we manufacture our own bushings, they were made to exact sizes and dimensions. Skewing logic and misinformation :nono:

We are more than happy to send bushings to test until failure as well as NVH controls so long as they are the same part. Testing should include loads on multiple axis in sequence to mimic actual vehicle usage, exposure to salt, sand, and road grime.

Our bushings are not only proven to endure the most severe conditions possible but have taken all 3 podium spots at the Dakar Rally with the McCrae team. We believe the Dakar Rally is the most brutal real world test in the history of motorsport. It is with such confidence we offer a Lifetime Warranty on our bushings.

Talking about Durometer is like talking about tire wear. There is so much more in a bushing than durometer. Like tires the design, ratio, and formulation are tremendously important. The bushing dictates how the arm moves or not move. We make our own bushings and for thousands of customers worldwide. Sometimes those customers don't even know it....

You should have sufficient clearance. See below:
image014.jpg

Pinion adjustment on the whiteline is an absolutely horrible design. I dont like to slam peoples products but from having owned this piece first hand it isnt worth owning. Simply look at the process for pinion adjustment with this UCA and it is laughable. Really if I would have known what I was looking at before I bought mine I never would have. Any guy that has been modding RWD vehicles in the past should see this immediately. My 14 GT is my first RWD vehicle so I had no idea.

Also mine was hitting my rear end and creating a humming noise. They did not change the design at all to correct that.
You are more than entitled to your opinion and preference; however, your logic is a bit skewed. In terms of pinion angle, each design has its strengths and weaknesses. The use of the eccentric crush tube allows for uniformed strength and durability along the entire arm. The weakest point then become the welded ends, as it should. There are no welds or nuts in the middle of the arm or adjustment piece that absorbs the torsional loads. The arms wall thickness remains constant throughout the arm length - our design eliminates the need for weld bungs and thin wall thicknesses required to adapt it nor does it require additional manufacturing steps thus cutting down manufacturing variability.

I'm not sure what your angle is or if you are a mechanical/suspension engineer but please consider there are trade offs in every design. We accept those trade offs and make the best choice possible for our consumers. If you are a competitive drag racer with specific setup requiring more extreme pinion angles; our unit will probably NOT allow enough adjustment by itself; but I'd imagine at that level you'd want to upgrade to adjustable LCA's as well and use hiem joints... Either way the majority of consumers will find the adjustment range in the eccentric to be more than adequate. Many of the drivers that turn will find the ease of in-field on-car adjustment at the track to be extremely useful.

The use of eccentric crush tube as adjustment is foreign to many users. Although its an extremely simple design, it is expensive and not a part commonly found in a catalog. Simplicity is can be a beautiful thing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread