Whiteline, what is the latest update on your remanufactured uca ?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I was just wondering. From the time it was announced there was an issue with the Whiteline uca, the company stated they would have a new one within 2 weeks. Its been almost 2 months and nothing from Whiteline. Those of you who were waiting did you get yours, if so i'd like to see the differences! Can you post pics...thanks!

jojobee

Established Member
I would be willing to try it if its proven to be quieter than my current BMR adj uca.
As long as this new design is beefier that the previous one...

jojobee

Established Member
What noise are you experiencing with your bmr adjustable?

Its been a while since i've had the uca on the car and some members here have mentionned that when they compared the Whiteline and Roush uca these were definitely producing less nvh.

I would need to drive a car that is stock to make a fair comparison but at this point i'm just looking for idea to reduce nvh when possible.

I dont have anything bad to say about my BMR piece just looking at other options if proven better.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
I was gonna say, I made a 2 hour drive with the stock UCA on, installed the BMR UCA plus bracket, then made the 2 hour drive back and I couldn't hear any extra road noise.

Another member on here who lives near me swapped his poly UCA for a spherical bushing UCA. While not having been in his car, he did take before and after videos of the noise and there really was little to no additional noise.

He posted a thread on here about it I believe.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Its more like when your used to how quiet the whiteline uca was then you add a steeda poly adj. uca and you immediately notice sounds that were handled by the bigger better bushing on the whiteline that are now present with the smaller harder steeda bushing. Mind you the noise is not that bad but its better if its not there at all!

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
Whiteline UCA is a poor design all the way around. It has a shitty way of adjusting the pinion angle. And not much adjustment ability compared to others. BMR is the way to go. But if you dont 1/4 mile the car the stock UCA is fine.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Whiteline UCA is a poor design all the way around. It has a shitty way of adjusting the pinion angle. And not much adjustment ability compared to others. BMR is the way to go. But if you dont 1/4 mile the car the stock UCA is fine.

I already replaced my Whiteline UCA with a steeda adj. Uca and bracket, and i don't like the extra noise from the harder poly bushing! its something i can do without. I have a roush uca which i will be installing soon! Its stronger then the stock mount and its as quiet if not quieter then the stock mount. A win win. I'd say BMR and Steeda are on par with each other for 1/4 mile runs but for everyday street driving the roush uca is the way to go! After the install of the roush mount the only poly that will be on the car are my bullet billet motor mounts and my steeda heavy duty strut mounts. The roush uca uses a harder rubber then stock, and the rest of my whiteline suspension uses synthetic Elastomer.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Ive seen the Metco piece and it is a beast! heavier though.....
The only problem I see with the ROUSH UCA is that it is not adjustable.....which from what I read is a requirement if you are running a 1pc DS!?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Ive seen the Metco piece and it is a beast! heavier though.....
The only problem I see with the ROUSH UCA is that it is not adjustable.....which from what I read is a requirement if you are running a 1pc DS!?

Adjustable Uca's are for lowered cars with one piece shafts that have no cv joint at the rear. With the dss cv joint in the rear you don't need an adjustable uca. Besides the roush unit can handle a 1 inch drop with a regular aluminum d/s because thats what their suspension package comes with! Anything beyond 1.25 inches requires and adjustable uca on a regular aluminum d/s!

natedog_1959

Established Member
Kingnut, your comment about drag racing is a little short sighted. Anyone that drives their car in a performance oriented manner could benefit from a better UCA. If I had the money, I would invest in the Multimatic unit, but I'm not spending $700 on a control arm. I would like to see the adjustability and strength of the BMR/Steeda units, with the bushing material from the Whiteline unit. That would be a win-win for everyone.

Nate

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
I got an email the other day saying they are still working on it. I'm waiting to see what they come up with.

tj@steeda

Established Member
From a busing perspective, the other brand's synthetic bushing employs a pinhole voiding feature and lacks a thrust washer to properly retain the bushing within the structural housing. The construction technique results in reduced structural durability and integrity in the long-term and is prone to excessive NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) characteristics as it wears because it lacks overall structural durability and integrity.

The Steeda bushings we use in our upper control arm are a special proprietary three-piece design (see image below) we engineered and competition tested to enhance performance and reduce NVH.. We strategically integrate a thrust washer to secure the bushing, further increasing structural integrity and providing reduced slop. Designed for demanding use on both the street and track, our part has been extensively tested on our race cars under the most severe conditions possible.

Going to the softer bushing will reduce the nvh but sacrifice control. Our bushing durometer gives you the best trade off of handling vs nvh.

Best Regards,

TJ

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
From a busing perspective, the other brand's synthetic bushing employs a pinhole voiding feature and lacks a thrust washer to properly retain the bushing within the structural housing. The construction technique results in reduced structural durability and integrity in the long-term and is prone to excessive NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) characteristics as it wears because it lacks overall structural durability and integrity.

The Steeda bushings we use in our upper control arm are a special proprietary three-piece design (see image below) we engineered and competition tested to enhance performance and reduce NVH.. We strategically integrate a thrust washer to secure the bushing, further increasing structural integrity and providing reduced slop. Designed for demanding use on both the street and track, our part has been extensively tested on our race cars under the most severe conditions possible.

Going to the softer bushing will reduce the nvh but sacrifice control. Our bushing durometer gives you the best trade off of handling vs nvh.

Best Regards,

TJ

Which uca lacks a thrust washer?

kingnut

Established Member
Kingnut, your comment about drag racing is a little short sighted. Anyone that drives their car in a performance oriented manner could benefit from a better UCA. If I had the money, I would invest in the Multimatic unit, but I'm not spending $700 on a control arm. I would like to see the adjustability and strength of the BMR/Steeda units, with the bushing material from the Whiteline unit. That would be a win-win for everyone.

Nate

Well my car is lowered pretty low on coilovers. And I drive the shit outta it with my stock UCA. I must say it drives just fine and I love having zero noise.

Users who are viewing this thread