Who’s number one on your playlist?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Lovin Greeley Estates right now! These guys can get ****in rowdy! Always been one of my favorite bands but they only have a handful of songs that are this heavy. They go from sounding like a teen emo band to really heavy and fast metal I guess it would be. If you need to get pumped these are the songs to listen to.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Good stuff.
Some grindcore to switch it up.

m8eky0.jpg

CV355

_
Established Member

This one is insanely fun to play on the guitar. Almost all two hand tapping, but very fun.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Check it out, new As I Lay Dying song.
It had me,.........until the one minute mark. lol I hate the regular singing style on most bands. I wish it were just the aggressive voice/screaming all the way through.
Is that the original singer back with the band?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It had me,.........until the one minute mark. lol I hate the regular singing style on most bands. I wish it were just the aggressive voice/screaming all the way through.
Is that the original singer back with the band?

queued them up for my run this morning....great shit!

I agree that I like the first minute or so more than the rest of the song because of how heavy it is and how different of a sound it is for them in a way. That is Tim on lead vocals again now that he is out of prison. Ever since they put Josh on the clean vocals I have sort of lost interest in a lot of their newer stuff. Tim can sing and he did the vocals on Frail Words Collapse, Shadows are Security, and then on An Ocean Between Us, but they brought Josh in right in the middle of An Ocean Between Us and he took over singing and I just dont like it. His vocals are too clean and polished while Tim's were more raw if you listen on those albums. I think on Frail Words Collapse Tim did split clean vocals with one of the old members of the band but they both sounded far better and more suited to the sound of their music.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree that I like the first minute or so more than the rest of the song because of how heavy it is and how different of a sound it is for them in a way. That is Tim on lead vocals again now that he is out of prison. Ever since they put Josh on the clean vocals I have sort of lost interest in a lot of their newer stuff. Tim can sing and he did the vocals on Frail Words Collapse, Shadows are Security, and then on An Ocean Between Us, but they brought Josh in right in the middle of An Ocean Between Us and he took over singing and I just dont like it. His vocals are too clean and polished while Tim's were more raw if you listen on those albums. I think on Frail Words Collapse Tim did split clean vocals with one of the old members of the band but they both sounded far better and more suited to the sound of their music.
Frail Words Collapse is a killer album.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That was the first album that ever got me into metal. I hated metal before that when I was a young teen but I heard the track Forever off that album and daw the video for it and just got hooked immediately.
Nice. I was just a youngster when I got into metal. First it was KISS, then Black Sabbath/Ozzy and the rest is history. I'd say easily at least 35 years. Maybe more.
I don't listen to any other music. Only death metal/thrash metal and hardcore. Some metalcore as well.

Users who are viewing this thread