Who’s running intake manifold spacer?

01ssnake

Established Member
What’s everyone think of the spacer? Any performance gains for sure?
Do you need a tune to run it ?

FIREBALL

Established Member
None of the companies who make them provide info/dyno hp gains. I bought one a couple years ago to try out but it turns out you either have to modify (lengthen) your EGR tube or eliminate the EGR and tube, and I have to pass a visual smog test here in California so i didnt use it. There have been reports of 5hp gains, and no tune is needed. Mine is for sale.

Last edited:

01ssnake

Established Member
None of the companies who make them provide info/dyno hp gains. I bought one a couple years ago to try out but it turns out you either have to modify (lengthen) your EGR tube or eliminate the EGR and tube, and I have to pass a visual smog test here in California so i didnt use it. There have been reports of 5hp gains, and no tune is needed. Mine is for sale.

pay attention to post # 9, 10, 16, 17 in the link they know what their talking about.
https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/throttle-body-spacer.794415/

As long as I don’t need to get re tuned then it’s worth it for me to gain 5rwhp and some torque down low to go with a manifold spacer. Probably would help to clean the runners while it’s off I’m guessing as well.

That was link for throttle body spacer btw.

FIREBALL

Established Member
As long as I don’t need to get re tuned then it’s worth it for me to gain 5rwhp and some torque down low to go with a manifold spacer. Probably would help to clean the runners while it’s off I’m guessing as well.

That was link for throttle body spacer btw.

Yeah your right and so I deleted that link,---- I saw and I cant remember where but i think it was on another forum that someone did a dyno (same day same temperature) and it came out to around 1 1/2--2 hp.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I put one on my 98, after my builder recommended it with my turbo install. Unsure if he was right though.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I put one on my ‘99. No tune. It was a bear to get the EGR hooked back up but it fit. I think it was a 1/4” spacer. Not huge gains but the one benefit was seeing how much oil was getting into the intake. I ordered my Bob’s oil separator soon after that.

FIREBALL

Established Member
Mine is a 3/8 and with both gaskets it was 1/2", that was too much to force the tube, never saw any oil in my intake, it was clean.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Had one when i was NA. I’m not even sure if it was worth 5hp honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

shurur

Established Member
I got one for free when I got the mach 1 lower intake to replace my unfixed/unrevised '99.

It is the last thing I would even try, after implementing the nasvt NA recipe.

Results from this mod are dubious at best.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I ran one when I had my big bore set up with a ported intake. It was basically free and I thought maybe the extra plenum volume might help with the extra cubes. But really all I think it did was give me more clearance under the throttlebody. 5hp is easily a variation between runs of the same set up.

Badaz01

Established Member
I installed one on my 01 cobra and I could feel a slight torque difference and at first the car idled wierd when decelerating. Put it on the dyno and my torque number was 318 ftlbs. Not sure but that seems like a gain to me for most dynos of the 01 cobra show torque numbers of usually 300 to 310 at best. Shrug.

Users who are viewing this thread