Votes: 73 89.0%
  • Daddy bought it for me.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.9%

• Total voters

jason1320

Established Member
Not that I expect an honest answer from everyone, but who bought their own cobra and who had daddy buy it for them? I'm tired of these kids at the track who never worked a day in their life bragging about how fast their car is. Until you have to work 80 hours a week so you can pay your mortgage, bills, car payment and insurance....shut up!

:nonono:

Last edited:

02YZ125

So sticky
Established Member
I am 17... When I was 16 my parents bought me a used 2000 V6 Mustang, which I was very greatful for. However, you have no idea how much shit I got for owning a V6 - even though it was very clean and I took impecible care of it. I had done a few mods but the performance (obviously) was not enough. So I decided to take a $5,000 loan to buy a Cobra and make payments.

So, I guess I fall into the category of "other"

Steve

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
I did, but mine probably doesn't count cause it's a 94 and I think you mean 03's & 04's. 21st birthday present to myself, and I put 20k in it over the purchase price to go fast. boy what was i thinking

:bash:

jason1320

Established Member
I mean cobras in general. I'm not trying to put anyone down, more curious than anything. A parent would have to be out of their mind to buy a 17 or even 20 year old a cobra. The insurance would be ungodly! :eek:

It just pisses me off when these kid brag about something they didn't even have to work for. Most of them don't even pay for their own mods. :nonono:

Oh well, that's America. :beer:

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
Originally posted by jason1320
A parent would have to be out of their mind to buy a 17 or even 20 year old a cobra. The insurance would be ungodly! :eek:

Darwinism in action. :thumbsup:

LocoGT

Banned
Not that I expect an honest answer from everyone, but who bought their own cobra and who had daddy buy it for them? I'm tired of these kids at the track who never worked a day in their life bragging about how fast their car is. Until you have to work 80 hours a week so you can pay your mortgage, bills, car payment and insurance....shut up!

:nonono:
I hear ya, man. I work 50-60 hours a week. Used to do 60-80, but had enough of that crap. I wish I could afford an 03 Cobra. Hell, I can barely afford my GTP. I have it on the market right now because I am sick of having about 75% of my income go right to bills :cuss:

Between insurance & payments, this car is costing me about $8,000 a year :eek: :cryying: :cuss: :mj: :whine:
I plan on buying a house next year, but have no idea how I will be able to afford it. I don't know how I can afford my rent and all other bills now. :dw:
I'm 23, btw.

Last edited:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I bought my Z06 from the parent of a 17 year old girl. She put 1,000 miles on it by the time they realized they fudged up. NO kid that young should be given a car like that. It's one thing if they earn it themselves, but a kid's less apt to take care of something they didn't pay for.
:dw:

jason1320

Established Member
Originally posted by bunny_power
Darwinism in action. :thumbsup:

I got my cobra used and at a good price because of this. Someone bought their 17 year old an 03 cobra and then got the insurance bill. It was something like $6000 every six months! :eek:

His loss is my gain. 2,500 miles on it and I got it for $28,000 (two minor scratchs I fixed, but mint condition other than that.)

jason1320

Established Member
Originally posted by sharkbite1979
I bought my Z06 from the parent of a 17 year old girl. She put 1,000 miles on it by the time they realized they fudged up. NO kid that young should be given a car like that. It's one thing if they earn it themselves, but a kid's less apt to take care of something they didn't pay for.
:dw:

This is the whole reason behind my poll! :rockon:

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I bought mine myself, but I had to lust over them for four years while I finished college. During college, I drove an 85 Mustang GT (purchased by me, ins paid by me, all maint paid by me) then it got totaled, so I got a 90 LX 5.0 (same as above). My dad did not believe in buying his kids fancy cars to tear up. He bought me and my step brother a 75 Pontiac Grand LeMans to share. So, I worked and saved until I could buy my own Stang.

jason1320

Established Member
Re: Re: Who bought their own cobra?

Originally posted by LT1Z28
I hear ya, man. I work 50-60 hours a week. Used to do 60-80, but had enough of that crap. I wish I could afford an 03 Cobra. Hell, I can barely afford my GTP. I have it on the market right now because I am sick of having about 75% of my income go right to bills :cuss:

Between insurance & payments, this car is costing me about $8,000 a year :eek: :cryying: :cuss: :mj: :whine:
I plan on buying a house next year, but have no idea how I will be able to afford it. I don't know how I can afford my rent and all other bills now. :dw:
I'm 23, btw.

I feel that, between the cobra, the insurance, and the gas, I'm out about $1000 a month. I have a mortgage to pay as well. :rollseyes Oh well, its the price we pay for fun.

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
I mean cobras in general. I'm not trying to put anyone down, more curious than anything. A parent would have to be out of their mind to buy a 17 or even 20 year old a cobra. The insurance would be ungodly! :eek:

It just pisses me off when these kid brag about something they didn't even have to work for. Most of them don't even pay for their own mods. :nonono:

Oh well, that's America. :beer:

:lol: At the highschool I went to, 75% of the student body drove nicer cars than the staff. One girl's parents bought her a Viper for her 16th b-day, another guy had a Hummer. Just plain crazy.

But I agree kids are less likely to take care of and appericate a car if they don't know what it's like to have to buy/insure/maintain it. Maybe I'm just jealous cuase mommy and daddy never bought me a car......NOT! :beer:

Brantner

Established Member
I voted other.

My dad bought it for me under the condition that I pay him back in full. (which I did)

So I payed for mine.

I pay for EVERYTHING for my car in the end, my dad may front me the cash but he will ALWAYS get the money back.

I am 18... my dad isn't crazy......

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
parents fronted me a few grand which i have to pay back but i saved up for this car although i didnt really work for the money i have for modding it thats just graduation money:beer:

UCBeau

I paid half of my first car, an LX 5.0, and my parents loaned me the other half.

I sold it and bought a GT and I financed it myself with no help.

I traded in my GT for the Cobra and am once again paying for everything.

Thank god it's an 01 Cobra and I only pay 125 a month.

I'm 21 btw.

Typhoon

Established Member
I went the other route. I was going to sell some stock that i had because i didn't have all the money @ the time. My father didn't want me to do that, so we split the cost down the middle. Then after i had a regular job, i started making $500 a month payments to him for the other half till it was paid off

ibepressin

Established Member
Originally posted by Brantner
I voted other.

My dad bought it for me under the condition that I pay him back in full. (which I did)

So I payed for mine.

I pay for EVERYTHING for my car in the end, my dad may front me the cash but he will ALWAYS get the money back.

I am 18... my dad isn't crazy......

Not that I am doubting you but how exactly does a 18 year old pay off a 03 cobra? I mean your looking @ about 29g's give or take. To pay it off in a year I'd be workin 80 hour weeks to get that done..

Users who are viewing this thread