• Daddy bought it for me.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.9%

• Total voters

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I did bitch!! I had started raising money from the time I was small, mowing lawns, and As I became old enough I started showing steers/hogs and grew into a showpig breeder(with help of my parents of course) by the time I was 13. I would also buy cars off of the dead row and fix them, sell them. I mechaniced in my dads shop on our farm machinery /trucks from about the age of 8, now I do all of our mechanic work. I gave up alot to be able to get it but it seems worth it now at times. I had to sell my 79 f-250 4x4 supercab with lift/38's to be able to get it and I miss that the most out of anything. Ohh I'm 18, going to be 19 on the 25th.

LocoGT

Banned
Originally posted by Brantner
I voted other.

My dad bought it for me under the condition that I pay him back in full. (which I did)

So I payed for mine.

I pay for EVERYTHING for my car in the end, my dad may front me the cash but he will ALWAYS get the money back.

I am 18... my dad isn't crazy......

Uh, you paid off an 03 Cobra IN FULL yourself at age 18? Are you selling drugs??

LocoGT

Banned
Originally posted by SanDiego01Snake
I paid half of my first car, an LX 5.0, and my parents loaned me the other half.

I sold it and bought a GT and I financed it myself with no help.

I traded in my GT for the Cobra and am once again paying for everything.

Thank god it's an 01 Cobra and I only pay 125 a month.

I'm 21 btw.
Only $125 a month?! How long is that loan for, 6 years? :eek:

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
Originally posted by ibepressin
Not that I am doubting you but how exactly does a 18 year old pay off a 03 cobra? I mean your looking @ about 29g's give or take. To pay it off in a year I'd be workin 80 hour weeks to get that done..
I'm 20, and I'm getting a new Lightning.... But I can afford it, only because I still live @ home.

sikwitit36

Banned
I dont own an 03 or 04 Cobra but I have payed for all of my rides with every cent of my own money. I bought my first car when I was 15 and I payed 4000 cash. I dropped out of school because I was an idiot but I had money and mommy and daddy never payed for my shit like some of those other spoiled kids out there today. My old man offered to help me out with my cars and I wouldnt let him. Im a grown man living on my own and to this day he said he would pay for the insurance on the new Cobra if i paid the payments, cause he knows Im tackling alot of payments right now. And I still tell him that as bad as I want one I would feel so embaressed to let anyone know that at my age hes helping me out on my car.

I think its ridiculous. Either get a job work hard and wait to get that car, or sit on your ass and drive a Geo Metro.

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
Originally posted by LT1Z28
Own house > New L
True, but I'm going back to school next year probably... So I wouldn't be able to afford to live on my own yet.

nugen

Established Member
I had to save up my combat pay in Iraq for a year before I could afford my '03 Cobra after redeployment...biatch!

LocoGT

Banned
Originally posted by Jimmysidecarr
We are a team..... so WE DID!!!

She's got hers... I got mine...

There are some enthusiasts on here that are..............................mature???

Jimmy

:shrug:
ANother woman that needs a gas guzzling SUV as a DD, huh? Great!

03LGCOBRA

Established Member
Well you guys will hate me if I tell you the cars that my dad has bought me over the years, but just cause I get the cars doesn't mean that I don't take care of them or respect them. I don't have a Job, but I work hard at school and sports. I have a GPA of about 3.4, and am not in the easy classes (Honors and APs), and I am on the rowing team which eats up about 15 to 20 hours a week. You add in school, and thats about 70 hours a week of work. That's the deal that I have with my dad. I get the cars, and gas, and all that, but only if I work hard at school and at rowing.

For those of you how are going to bash me, I'll just give you the ammo cause I know that I am working hard for what I have.

First cars, still have them all....
2001 Jeep Wrangler (At the cabin now)
1990 Chevy 454ss (bought in 2001 with 11 orginal miles. Now has 6000 and for sale $20k)
2001 Bullitt (never give it up)
1999 GMC Yukon
2003 Cobra

Trash Me if you want!! But please don't call BS, cause why would I Lie.

LocoGT

Banned
Originally posted by 03LGCOBRA
Well you guys will hate me if I tell you the cars that my dad has bought me over the years, but just cause I get the cars doesn't mean that I don't take care of them or respect them. I don't have a Job, but I work hard at school and sports. I have a GPA of about 3.4, and am not in the easy classes (Honors and APs), and I am on the rowing team which eats up about 15 to 20 hours a week. You add in school, and thats about 70 hours a week of work. That's the deal that I have with my dad. I get the cars, and gas, and all that, but only if I work hard at school and at rowing.

For those of you how are going to bash me, I'll just give you the ammo cause I know that I am working hard for what I have.

First cars, still have them all....
2001 Jeep Wrangler (At the cabin now)
1990 Chevy 454ss (bought in 2001 with 11 orginal miles. Now has 6000 and for sale $20k)
2001 Bullitt (never give it up)
1999 GMC Yukon
2003 Cobra

Trash Me if you want!! But please don't call BS, cause why would I Lie.
Only cool vehicles are the Stangs, sorry. :lol:

1st you tell us you have no job and then later you say you work hard for what you have. :rollseyes :lol1: :nono: LMFAO, kid! You don't know working hard for your stuff until you work 80 hrs a week in a warehouse w/no heat or a/c and still live paycheck to paycheck. I am now 23 and I wish I could afford an 03 Cobra. Hell, I wish I could afford any new car! I'm struggling just being able to have the GTP!

I'm just telling you how it is.

Big Man

Fill r Up!
Established Member
Originally posted by SlowSVT95
I'm 20, and I'm getting a new Lightning.... But I can afford it, only because I still live @ home.
Don't feel bad. Im 23 and still live at home. i got my Lightning by my self and paying for it myself. Of course I work about 50 hours a week so that helps to.:D

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
Originally posted by Big Man
Don't feel bad. Im 23 and still live at home. i got my Lightning by my self and paying for it myself. Of course I work about 50 hours a week so that helps to.:D
Yep, that's about what I work in a week... So now I don't feel so bad. You can be my new best friend... lol :beer: :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread