Who Daily Drives with a 2.93/6lb ported

mj8

Established Member
Was curious as to how you like this setup for everyday driving, any problems you may have encountered with this setup?

Quick Strike

Established Member
2.8/ 4# here. It has almost the same amount of blower overdrive as the combination you posted. Traction is my main problem. I drive it any day the sun shines and my round trip to work is 80 miles. I have almost 30K on the car and 10K with this combination. It has been ported and pullied since 4K. I had one problem related to some bad gas, but otherwies it has been nothing but a pleasure!

:pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana:

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
I have a 2.76/4lb. Drive it every day, it's even been out in the snow in the last couple weeks. No problems!!

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
67scstang said:
I have a 2.76/4lb. Drive it every day, it's even been out in the snow in the last couple weeks. No problems!!

What fuel mods did you need at your high elevation with that combo???
What kind of boost you seeing?
I'm just trying to get ideas of what the combo I have planned will be for boost at our higher elevations.
Thanks.

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
Special Blend said:
What fuel mods did you need at your high elevation with that combo???
What kind of boost you seeing?
I'm just trying to get ideas of what the combo I have planned will be for boost at our higher elevations.
Thanks.

No fuel mods needed. We also only have 91 octane in Colorado. We can get away with more at these higher elevations. I am seeing about 16-17 lbs.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
TRBO VNM put about 8,000 miles on this exact setup on his 04' and ran 11.30's to boot......But, he decided to go with a "new and improved" setup......

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
67scstang said:
No fuel mods needed. We also only have 91 octane in Colorado. We can get away with more at these higher elevations. I am seeing about 16-17 lbs.

Wow that is amazing. So not even a MAFia or bigger mass air meter?
I think I may just stick a smaller upper on when I do the upper lower combo then originally planned.
What elevation are you at most of the time?
Thanks man.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Check my mods. 23,000+ miles. Daily driver. About half with upper/lower/port combo. Traction is the only issue. Well gas prices too!
If I run it hard several times in a row you can feel the loss of power due to heat soak.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
IronTerp said:
TRBO VNM put about 8,000 miles on this exact setup on his 04' and ran 11.30's to boot......But, he decided to go with a "new and improved" setup......

And that 11.36 was breaking at the end so he wouldn't get booted off the track - but he got booted....

TRBO VNM

yeah I had the 6# lower, 2.93 upper adn ported amazon blower. As antex said I went 11.36 braking.

Ironterp is right, I had about that many miles or more on the setup with no issues at all and I never put the alt. pulley on either. great setup imo.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Personally I'd run 16-17 lbs. max with the Eaton (ported) for a daily driver. Some are pushing 18-19 lbs. but that is really pushing it IMO. If it were me I'd throw on the 6 lb. lower and go with an interchangeable upper to keep the boost to 15-16 lbs. on the street (daily driving) and then swap the upper for racing at higher boost. It seems to make more sense to simply swap for a Whipple if you're looking at a 2.93 & 6 lb. lower for optimum power. The Whipple will satisfy your power craving while giving you room for more. JMO.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
sedanman said:
Everyone with this combo do you have stock injectors? Thanks.
Looking at your signature I assume you're already running this setup. Have you addressed your meter or fuel pumps? If not, you should plan on upgrading at least your meter and fuel pumps. Some (like me) maxxed out the meter and fuel pumps at the 490-496rwhp level. Others have gotten by to the mid-520 range. You're right in the middle. I would recommend that you at least do the meter and BAP. Don't wait until you add that next power mod and max out the system. Fuel injectors probably won't be necessary but an upgrade eases the load on your fuel system so it would be a smart investment IMHO. My motto is "do it right the first time". Why take chances?

P.S. - Pay attention to your supporting mods as well. Don't make the mistake in focusing your spending solely on power mods. Not saying that you are, but many make that mistake. It is an easy one to make. Making big power is not always where you should be spending your money. Other areas are as critical or more critical. One important area is your cooling system. Plan you modding in a wise way and you'll be a lot happier with your ride in the long run. And you'll have fewer issues to deal with.

sedanman

Established Member
First CobraBob I always like you feed back you are so informed. Thanks.

CobraBob said:
Looking at your signature I assume you're already running this setup.

I am currently running a 2.93 upper only. I love the mph I am seeing what kind of improvement do you think I will see with the 4# lower?

CobraBob said:
Have you addressed your meter or fuel pumps? If not, you should plan on upgrading at least your meter and fuel pumps. Some (like me) maxxed out the meter and fuel pumps at the 490-496rwhp level. Others have gotten by to the mid-520 range. You're right in the middle. I would recommend that you at least do the meter and BAP. Don't wait until you add that next power mod and max out the system.

I have a KB boost a pump installed and I have a BAP2400 waiting to go on.

CobraBob said:
Fuel injectors probably won't be necessary but an upgrade eases the load on your fuel system so it would be a smart investment IMHO. My motto is "do it right the first time". Why take chances?

Yeah just trying to decide, I am goning to be spending alot of money on the car this winter and just want to make sure I am spending it where I need too.

CobraBob said:
P.S. - Pay attention to your supporting mods as well. Don't make the mistake in focusing your spending solely on power mods. Not saying that you are, but many make that mistake. It is an easy one to make. Making big power is not always where you should be spending your money. Other areas are as critical or more critical. One important area is your cooling system.

Yeah I have LFP H/E and I plan on adding a LFP resevior too, should I do the radiator aswell? I plan on doing a DFX clutch, 26 spline input shaft, brembo front brakes and possibly level 5 half shafts this winter as well.

I do road race the car but plan to have 3.2 upper on when I road race (using a flip chip).

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've never met a group of folks more hungry for power! When the Snake bites, the power-venon stays in your system. LOL!

MJ, are you porting your blower? Is it already ported?

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
CobraBob said:
I've never met a group of folks more hungry for power! When the Snake bites, the power-venon stays in your system. LOL!

MJ, are you porting your blower? Is it already ported?
Ported one is sitting in my closet(been there since august), wont be on until april :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread