Who had the 450hp 93R @ VIR last weekend

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ask me why I keep reading that moronic crap on that message board??!?! :shrug:

I love this quote a few posts down:

Quote:

"yes, the pilot of the Fox body R also has:

SN95 Cobra R (yes, the 351/fuel cell model)
2000 Cobra R (yes, the really rare one)
Ford GT (Red/White stripes)"

2000 R is "THE REALLY RARE ONE" as in almost three times more abuandant than the 93 R. :lol: :lol: Yeah, I agree, that's the really rare one!!! :rollseyes

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
b_tone said:
Bruce, you are glutten for punishment that's why you keep reading.

aRe you running up at Road America with nasa this weekend?

Glutton with a capital "G"! LMAO

I was originally planning on doing the NASA event this weekend to get my competition license but a wedding in Texas popped up and I have to go to it unfortunately. So to get my final event in for the year I took my GT500 to the F-Body event last weekend to lay a little smackdown on the Corvettes. :poke: ;-) Damn that was a ton of fun! Two tons of fun with me in the car actually!!!:coolman:

PS How is it in "Hell"? Care to give us a report?!?!:dw:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
mrlegoman said:
My car weights about 2400 lbs. So he may have had 250 more hp then me, but I had at least 1000lbs less then him

Hmmm, I didn't think '93 R's weighed 3400 lbs stock let alone modified :kaboom:

mrlegoman said:
running over stupid slow 944 Porsche's

Pretty sure that can be done with a truck right Cliff:poke:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I must have watched a different video than the one depicted by the Honda boys..... I kept seeing a 93R flat out walk away from that import.

He's on crack thinking 500+ rwhp from a street N/A SBF.... It is probably more like 400 rwhp if its 347 with good heads, intake and cam.

With his Honda being 1000 lbs lighter and making 262 fwhp it ought to be able to keep up with a heavy mustang making more like 350-400 rwhp

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
Hmmm, I didn't think '93 R's weighed 3400 lbs stock let alone modified :kaboom:

The 93R's weigh over 3200 lbs in stock trim.... throw in a complete cage etc. I bet it would get close to 3400 in race trim unless some super light weight wheels were used, smog system deleted, etc.. of course a fuel cell, radio/video equipment etc could easily add the weight back.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
cobra186 said:
The 93R's weigh over 3200 lbs in stock trim.... throw in a complete cage etc. I bet it would get close to 3400 in race trim unless some super light weight wheels were used, smog system deleted, etc.. of course a fuel cell, radio/video equipment etc could easily add the weight back.

Thanks for the info, I thought they came in at about 3100 stock, my mistake.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
cobra186 said:

I'm sure Mr. Wilson's 93 R is well below that! :read:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Mine weighs in at 3150ish with me in it with the stock hood and no real sheetmetal lightening to speak of. That's with a cage but all the interior stripped out of the car.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
Mine weighs in at 3150ish with me in it with the stock hood and no real sheetmetal lightening to speak of. That's with a cage but all the interior stripped out of the car.
Is that with or without the weights in the bumper:poke:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
Mine weighs in at 3150ish with me in it with the stock hood and no real sheetmetal lightening to speak of.

That's with a cage but all the interior stripped out of the car.
same here, now if I only had an engine? :cryying:

PS: I seriously doubt that 93R in the video had 400+ HP!

93SVTCobra

Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
Is that with or without the weights in the bumper:poke:

Wrong car...... :coolman:

Two things make me wonder about that video. First off is that the Mustang really doesn't pull away on the straights until the top end. Secondly it appears the Mustang driver wasn't driving all out as his braking is very conservative as that appears to be where the Honda caught him every time.

MAN I love VIR!

Last edited:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
Wrong car...... :coolman:

Two things make me wonder about that video. First off is that the Mustang really doesn't pull away on the straights until the top end. Secondly it appears the Mustang driver wasn't driving all out as his braking is very conservative as that appears to be where the Honda caught him every time.

MAN I love VIR!

You and your damn light cars, so am I thinking right, that the '04 is actually lighter?:idea:

Users who are viewing this thread