Who has a Powerwagon?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Imo give it time on the trx for gas prices to go up. Can score one for cheap once gas up another 50c -$1 or more and the suburb ballers can't afford it

Great point! Gas will be sharply up soon enough

Idk the 2021 F150 interior has stepped up ita game big time. Not sure Ram in number 1 in that anymore. But 700hp is something Ram is the only game in town for now.

Eh...we aren’t talking about a 21 f150. Even if we were Ram still win.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

coposrv

Established Member
I know more broke ass check book GCs with these loaded up half tons than I care to.

Outside of an unpaved jobsite driveway they don’t see any off-road. Maybe I’m missing something but I just don’t see the appeal of an off road inspired loaded out 70k truck.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
Friend of mine has a 2015. He's pretty happy with it. I don't think he's done any hard core crawling with it. But he's done some lighter stuff and dune running.

FWIW, I took my F250 to a spot he had been and told me I wouldn't make it through the sand with my factory tires that were getting close to needing replacement. I didn't have a problem and only put it in 4wd a couple times. He was surprised when I told him.

So YMMV.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
This.

and you can get a 52 gallon aftermarket gas tank for the CCSB diesel - not for gasser though

They share the same tank, the aftermarket tanks (S&B or Titan) will work for the gas engines as well. I confirmed, though they only did testing for diesel applications. Just a thought but it would definitely be handy to have as you’re right, mpg sucks with the gassers.

crazy4life

Established Member
Idk the 2021 F150 interior has stepped up ita game big time. Not sure Ram in number 1 in that anymore. But 700hp is something Ram is the only game in town for now.

Dont know bout that. I have a 2019 ram super duty. Interior is awesome with the 12 inch screen and the 950 watt 19 speaker harmon kardon sound system. The ford not so much.

IMG_6390.jpg

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I dont believe the ford Super duty has got the upgrade. The 2021 F150 has been updated.

I looked at the 2021 F150 today for shits and giggles. Light years ahead of the previous generation, but Ram would still take them interior wise

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Klaus you are a baller. Stop ****ing around, dump the (sweet) Zr2 and go after a TRX and call it a day.

TRX is bad ass for sure. The thing I love and hate about the ZR2 is how small it is. It is nimble as **** which makes it great. At the same time it is short on room. I am going to lift it and put bigger tires on it before I make a decision.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
TRX is bad ass for sure. The thing I love and hate about the ZR2 is how small it is. It is nimble as **** which makes it great. At the same time it is short on room. I am going to lift it and put bigger tires on it before I make a decision.

I really like the idea of a small truck for daily duty.

I DD’d a 2016 crew cab 4x4 Cummins Ram for a few years and hated it ...

Like driving a fkin dump truck everywhere ... shit gets old after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
These big ass trucks making BIG hp just makes no sense to me. Do ppl really buy trucks to go fast? I thought trucks were to haul shit and be comfortable inside. I get a little extra power cause they are so dam heavy but trying to make a truck fast just sounds silly to me.

Not to mention the gas mileage gets horrendous when u try to make a 6500 lb. vehicle faster. Its like drag racing an 18 wheeler. Doesn't make much sense to me.

To me it would be all about the interior and gas mileage. All trucks can haul shit and all trucks will get u thru the snow and mud. Going fast in the snow just sounds dumb.

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
The really crazy part about trucks these days is you can get a 2021 Dodge 2500 Cummins 4x4 Limited with an 8' bed fully loaded for around $8k less than the TRX (depending on the options) and theoretically could do almost the exact same things PLUS pull the nuts off any trailer around! If I'm spending $80k on a truck, that's what I'm thinking about.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
But I have to admit that if it was my money. I would buy the Tremor with 7.3 over a 6.4 powerwagon and I love the powerwagon. What i give up in the interior department more than makes up in the power and reliability department.

Definitely agree with this

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
10 MPG would be hard to achieve. I'm at 12.1 MPG in my first 11k miles on the 7.3L

Unless gas keeps going up, which Im afraid is going to happen then I would love to jump to a Tremor. A free flowing exhaust would add a few more miles to gallon and add some smiles, but a 3/4 ton on 35s is a gas hog.

Users who are viewing this thread