Who has Aftermarket Half Shafts?????

trey193

Established Member
I am thinking about going with the DSS level 2 bars, just wondered if these will address where most all the stock half shafts have been breaking, my car is going in for the diff. leak and I can get the shafts installed for little if any while its there. Should I do it and are these the best shafts out there, any body running them>? All replies welcome!!!!:)

xenon

Established Member
Level 2 direct fit (550HP) axle. cost is 999.99 a set.
Level 5 Extreme Axle/Hub system (850HP) cost will be 1899.99 a set.

trey193

Established Member
Yep me and my IRS!:nonono: I have heard that some people have wheel hop with them is this the case???:)

04-MystiChrome

One Fast Grand-PaPi
Established Member
Ya-Get 'em.
When I did the gears & bushings
my only mistake was that I didn't
step up my halfshafts. Let me know
how it goes-I think the level 2 will
be plenty from our research.

Steel City

Banned
Originally posted by trey193
Yep me and my IRS!:nonono: I have heard that some people have wheel hop with them is this the case???:)

Not me, I just hammered the fudge out of my car today in 30 degree weather with 3.73's:rockon: Slip free and no broken half shafts, god I cant wait till the weather breaks and the track opens:burnout:

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
Trey the only halfshafts DSS offers right now or have ever been sold to a 03 cobra are the $549 bars that most people are running,when i spoke with Frank a few weeks ago the stage 5 is still in testing but there is no stage 2 available to purchase it is just listed on there website for now maybe be available after the testing is completed.

Wayneo

Established Member
Steel City- halfshafts are what come out of the rear differential and put the power to the wheels on an IRS. I guess you could say they take place of the splines which are on a solide rear axle.

Steel City

Banned
Originally posted by Wayneo
Steel City- halfshafts are what come out of the rear differential and put the power to the wheels on an IRS. I guess you could say they take place of the splines which are on a solide rear axle.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:burnout:

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
I dunno if yo guys have seen that video of that black 03 yanking the wheels..but he has the stage 2's..seem to work good enuff to yank the damn tires off the ground on he STREET..lol..i'm buying a set of the stage II's as soon as mister tax man hands me my check..6k drops and ET streets..here i come baby!!!!!!!!

Jay

trey193

Established Member
So those are the same shafts that guy in that vid is running? I am confused now because like High Roller said the level 2's arent avail. yet?????? I know I would like whatever that guy has thats yanking the tires on the street, I am fairly certain they would be good enough for me!!!:)

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
I have the stage 2 halfshafts. As far as yanking the wheels off the ground, unless you have a centrifugal (that can build boost at 6000rpm), a 2 step, or steep gears, I don't see it happening. I think those with steeper gears have less chance of breaking a halfshaft as well.

I have done a 6000rpm clutch dump and the car BOGGED. The problem is 3900+ lbs, 3.55 gears, zero boost and only 281 cubes = no torque trying to move massive weight w/ very little leverage.

I'm adding 3.90 gears and a 2 step in the hopes of leaving the line under 8lbs of boost or more and having a bigger lever to move that turd.

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
Jerry did you buy the bars for $549 or did you spend $999 on the stage 2 like there website says? Frank told me several times that the only halfshafts he has sold out of his shop to anyone were the bars nothing else but there is testing being done for the stage 5 and possibly they might use parts from that for the stage 2 setup. I just ordered mine 2 weeks ago and tried to buy the stage 2 and he said they are not available yet.

trey193

Established Member
Are those the ones you are running Jerry just the DSS bars for $549?? If you havent viewed that vid of the 03 with independent rear with good half shafts yanking the tires on the street you should really try to dig it up its worth your while and amazing to say the least!:) It would take one badass ride to hang with it on the street!

Users who are viewing this thread