Who has been in the 11's ?

IGO 202

Established Member
With bolt-ons and real street radials, no dr's.

Just wondering as I'd like to do it. What parts and tires were used?

Thanks,
Dan

ExTurbo

Established Member
gonna be tough to do without a sticky tire, id be interested to see if anyone has done it, it would have to be a fairly agressive street tire and a hellova suspension setup. I had trouble putting the power down with just a tune and an intake. Id venture a guess, that if anyone has done it, it was in an auto.

LTD5.0

Established Member
I have the same goal. I ran a 12.39 with a FRPP tune and everything else listed in my signature except the cat deletes and Bama tune. It bogged a little on the launch so I think it could have been a little quicker. I wasn't able to get back to the track before it closed for the winter. I'm looking forward to getting back to the track in the spring and see what she will do. My seat of the pants feeling is that it is a lot quicker with the Bama tune and cat deletes but I don't know if it is enough to break into the 11's.

nonliberal

Established Member
If you consider a blower a bolt on it is fairly easy on street tires. Just roll into the throttle slowly.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I was stuck in the 12.20s at 121mph on street radials when the car was n/a. I could get the car to hook decently in first gear but the 1-2 shift it would spin very bad. With a blower it went 11.7 at 131 on the same tires lol

IGO 202

Established Member
Guess I should'a been more specific.........n/a and street radials.

It's true though, a blower is a bolt-on!

Anyone else???

Dan

1Bad5.0

Established Member
I went 11.95 on stock tires from the factory.... Boss IM, CAI, Tune...nothing else, no suspension, no exhaust.....1.87 60ft with the stock tires

clean92lx

Established Member
Why would you want to mod your car to run faster but purposely leave it on street tires and struggle for traction? I don't see the point

Last edited:

Evilwayz

Established Member
I went 12.30 flat at 114 with Lund tune no cats. Stock springs and 18 inch preillis,did some bolt on Bmr parts should get in the 11's next time to the track

IGO 202

Established Member
Why would you want to mod your car to run faster but purposely leave it on street tires and struggle for traction? I don't see the point

A semi-local track is having a True Street class coming up in a couple weeks. No drag radials allowed, just real, everyday street tires. Should be fun since no matter how much hp you make, you gotta get it to the ground on street tires. It'll be a drivers race.

Besides, I think it's cool to see how fast you can go in everyday trim.

Dan

clean92lx

Established Member
A semi-local track is having a True Street class coming up in a couple weeks. No drag radials allowed, just real, everyday street tires. Should be fun since no matter how much hp you make, you gotta get it to the ground on street tires. It'll be a drivers race.

Besides, I think it's cool to see how fast you can go in everyday trim.

Dan

Ahhhh gotcha. That does actually sound like it could be fun. Is it a regular thing or just an event coming up?

clean92lx

Established Member
I would suggest nitto nt05 tires and rear upper and lower susp. Should be enough to get the car to 60' decently, given what your working with

Users who are viewing this thread