Who has good pics of the Blue with Performance White Strips?

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
Blue w White

Here you go
Shelby8Aug06__2_.jpg

:coolman:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Not nearly as good as the photo above :bowdown: but here is a blue one that showed up on our Club Cruise and caught it with my red one:

rwbsmfd5.jpg

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Damn, looks good. Drop it a bit and it would look great!, except for the mirrors.

monsterpost

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Not nearly as good as the photo above :bowdown: but here is a blue one that showed up on our Club Cruise and caught it with my red one:

rwbsmfd5.jpg

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Hey Bruce I know your were secertly taking a picture of my L:-D

RepoMann

Established Member
every pic of the Shelby I see makes me wonder if it would look better without a spoiler on the back. Anybody have a chop of that?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
monsterpost said:
Hey Bruce I know your were secertly taking a picture of my L:-D

Dean:

That is a nice "L"!! :-D

RepoMann said:
every pic of the Shelby I see makes me wonder if it would look better without a spoiler on the back. Anybody have a chop of that?

I wasn't too crazy about the rear spoiler (ok, wing) on my 2000 R, but it grew on me!

:pepper:

Florida Chris

Established Member
PowerWheels said:
Damn, looks good. Drop it a bit and it would look great!, except for the mirrors.

Yeah, It needs a drop. I am waiting for someone to put out some GT500 specific springs that don't ruin the ride or hurt the handling.

As far as the mirrors go, here is what they look like now:

GT500Mirror001.jpg

Last edited:

coldid

Established Member
Florida Chris said:
Yeah, It needs a drop. I am waiting for someone to put out some GT500 specific springs that don't ruin the ride or hurt the handling.

As far as the mirrors go, here is what they look like now:

GT500Mirror001.jpg
Steeda already has some out, I have already installed them on mine with this same color combo and 20"s - I will try to get pix this weekend, still don't own a digital camera - but I do have a Shelby!!!

Florida Chris

Established Member
coldid said:
Steeda already has some out, I have already installed them on mine with this same color combo and 20"s - I will try to get pix this weekend, still don't own a digital camera - but I do have a Shelby!!!

Can you comment on the ride quality vs stock? I guess the 20s probably impact the ride as much as the springs. Did you drive it with stock rubber and the Steeda springs?

stang22

Established Member
I still prefer the side mirrors totally painted body color matched with no covers.;-)

coldid

Established Member
Florida Chris said:
Can you comment on the ride quality vs stock? I guess the 20s probably impact the ride as much as the springs. Did you drive it with stock rubber and the Steeda springs?

It was recommended that I not install the lowering springs until I put my 20"s on just to make sure the tires would clear. I have 35 series on the back and 40 series tires on the front. I didn't want to go with too short of a sidewall because I didn't want to impact the ride any more than I had to. To tell you the truth I can't notice any difference in the ride since I had the springs installed. When I had the 20"s put on I noticed a little difference in the ride but it still rides and handles awesome!

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Chris, I was about this " " close to sending you a PM to see if you would post some back ground sized pics of your car.

coldid

Established Member
Florida Chris said:
Thanks for your insights. I may give the Steeda springs a shot. How much did they lower the car? Do you sit more level or is the factory rake still there?

The front end was lowered an inch, the rear an inch and 1/4 - 1/2. Still has a noticeable rake, which I like. However, it could be partially due to the size of the rear tires 315/35/20's vs 245/40/20's on the front.

Users who are viewing this thread