Who has had their "ticking" heads replaced?

03Silver10th

Established Member
I am weighing my options to take it in to the dealer. I'm skeptical an worried they will possibly screw something up. Anyone with experience please provide feedback!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
The previous owner of my car had it replaced back in December of 03.....I haven't heard the tick since I bought the car....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'll assume you are hearing a tick of some type. If it is, you will first have to go to your dealer to confirm you have the tick. If so, then you'll have to decide whether or not you want the dealer to do the work. Personally if it was my car I'd do the above and chat with the service manager to try to see how much I could trust them to do the work. A dealer who has replaced Terminator heads and is knowledgeable about the problem would make me more apt to let them do the work. Versus a dealer who hasn't and can only tell me what they are reading from a service bulletin. Be aware, though, that a ticking sound isn't necessarily "the tick". It could also be normal valvetrain noise or injector noise. Which is why you will need a dealer or someone experienced to confirm what it likely is.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I had mine replaced on the driver side. I kept hearing a real annoying sounds when I was driving with the windows down and close to a wall or something. Loud and out of place. The dealer replaced it with no questions asked - but they kept the car for about a week just waiting for the parts to come in.

When done, they didn't tighten all the bolts right (specifically exhaust manifold and engine mount they said), and it resulted in a really loud squeak. A second trip to the dealer corrected that problem. Been good for several months so far.

Users who are viewing this thread