Who has the best Ready-To-Run, turn key tvs package

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
VMP Street or Ultimate Kit
JPC Stage 2 Package
JDM Roush Package
ROUSH 675HP KIT from Roush Racing

Looking to buy, but I want the best kit out there for my money. I also am looking longevity out of my package and safety. So, who would you go with? First hand experience is a plus too. NO centrifigual chargers please.

bmyles

Established Member
I looked at all those packages and went with the vmp. I liked the big intercooler, hi flow elbow and port matched inlet. To be honest the thing is way overkill for anything I'll ever use it for.
I wanted a tvs and the vmp kit avoids the whole sending away my computer deal and they also let me use the 85 mm pulley which wasn't a option at the time.

burke985

Established Member
Looking at Getting Roush stage 1 575 kit and going to run a Boost a pump and 82mm pulley with the stock air box. Gonna put a boss oil cooler on as well when i get it installed should be good for 570+ whp with that setup and a dyno tune.

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
I looked at all those packages and went with the vmp. I liked the big intercooler, hi flow elbow and port matched inlet. To be honest the thing is way overkill for anything I'll ever use it for.
I wanted a tvs and the vmp kit avoids the whole sending away my computer deal and they also let me use the 85 mm pulley which wasn't a option at the time.

Does it come with a tune? I didnt see it listed..

Looking at Getting Roush stage 1 575 kit and going to run a Boost a pump and 82mm pulley with the stock air box. Gonna put a boss oil cooler on as well when i get it installed should be good for 570+ whp with that setup and a dyno tune.

Who will you get to dyno tune? How much of a price difference? Will the injectors that come with the kit be sufficient for that hp level?

bmyles

Established Member
yes tuning is included, but the price of the sct tuner is not included in the list price so if you don't have one you can add $500 more

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

I thought you where going with a vortech?

-Thomas

burke985

Established Member
Does it come with a tune? I didnt see it listed..

Who will you get to dyno tune? How much of a price difference? Will the injectors that come with the kit be sufficient for that hp level?

Yes the 47 lb injectors will be sufficient, its basically brenspeeds 650 package to put it in a nutshell. Theres a shop an hour from me that is a certified roush dealer and the tuner there works with roush and sct on their calibrations so he knows his way around a TVS. By the time I got everything I needed to correctly run the Vortech it would have put me north of 8400 dollars. I can get the TVS bought installed and dyno tuned for 7600 and that comes with a boost gauge installed.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I would see if VMP still offers their old TVS kit, which was a base TVS with your pulley choice (I went with an 82mm), an idler, Xcal 3 and tunes. It was the cheapest deal I found and I did my homework. It will take you into shortblock destroying territory with ease. PM or email them about it.

RC-5.0

Established Member
For the total package with calibration and all, Brenspeed has what you need. I have not made up my mind yet on whether I will go with them because I am having a shop do the install with custom dyno. I was just answering your question as you posted.
RC

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
Yes the 47 lb injectors will be sufficient, its basically brenspeeds 650 package to put it in a nutshell. Theres a shop an hour from me that is a certified roush dealer and the tuner there works with roush and sct on their calibrations so he knows his way around a TVS. By the time I got everything I needed to correctly run the Vortech it would have put me north of 8400 dollars. I can get the TVS bought installed and dyno tuned for 7600 and that comes with a boost gauge installed.

Cool.

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
I would see if VMP still offers their old TVS kit, which was a base TVS with your pulley choice (I went with an 82mm), an idler, Xcal 3 and tunes. It was the cheapest deal I found and I did my homework. It will take you into shortblock destroying territory with ease. PM or email them about it.

Thanks for that useful info! :thumbsup:
Btw, are you on the stock bottom end, how's it holding up? I think VMP does a good tune but I don't want to take any chances with tunes..

For the total package with calibration and all, Brenspeed has what you need. I have not made up my mind yet on whether I will go with them because I am having a shop do the install with custom dyno. I was just answering your question as you posted.
RC

To be honest, I am scared of Brenspeeds tune, no offense. I spoke with the driver at NMRA and he told me personally they lost a motor in one of their own shop cars. Take it for what it's worth, not trying to start any conflicts here.

Last edited:

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I am on the stock bottom end. It has been fine so far. I have spoken with Justin and I have been very pleased with the tunes.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Thanks for that useful info! :thumbsup:

To be honest, I am scared of Brenspeeds tune, no offense. I spoke with the driver at NMRA and he told me personally they lost a motor in one of their own shop cars. Take it for what it's worth, not trying to start any conflicts here.

They are one of the biggest dealers of the Roush TVS complete kit.. There's always gonna be a "somebody told me..." or "I heard...". If you noticed, I said that I will go with a custom dyno tune. There are blown motors all around from different reasons...there is never going to be a "Zero rate".
RC

bmyles

Established Member
That's why I moved to a 85 mm pulley instead of the standard 82 ,a little more piece of mind. I have a dyno date for this Friday so we will see.

burke985

Established Member
That's why I moved to a 85 mm pulley instead of the standard 82 ,a little more piece of mind. I have a dyno date for this Friday so we will see.

Plenty of guys running the 82mm with no issues, any smaller and id be concerned about the stock bottom end if you beat on it regularly. If you use the stock airbox Its only another .5 lbs of boost I believe.

Last edited:

JerryC

Established Member

This is what I have minus the idler, it's good kit. if you're looking for longevity going with less HP through a base kit like this is probably a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread