who hates their dealer?

03vertPA

Established Member
Took my car to the dealer because the driver side window quite working. They fixed that problem and called me and said that my inspection sticker was up the following day and they would inspect it for free. Great! go ahead and do it. Well, thats when I think it all went down hill. Got the car back and the window pillar is scratched up from the mechanic scraping the old inspection sticker. I mean there is a chunk missing and the old adhesive is still on the window from the old sticker. There is a nick in my door on the edge and 4 miles the car. O, not to mention my girlfriend dropped off the registration sticker for the license plate had half of it is missing. The service manger told me that they had to drive the car in order to inspect it so that is why there is 4 miles on the car and to bring it up and he will look at it. Every and I mean Every time I take my car to the dealer it comes back with something wrong with it. :fm:

Sorry to vent.

What demands do you guys think I should make that are reasonable?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I hated the 3 local dealers I *use* to use. I think I found a good one. Too bad its 65 miles away.

MightyMo

Established Member
I actually have two items to claim on warranty for repair and can't bring myself to take the car in. foglamp and squeaky seat
anything else goes wrong.. I'll just end up doing everything at the same time
I hate dealerships

orangeconv

#uck yea doggy
Established Member
i bought 3 cars in the last 2 years from the same one get this
i go in and get ran around on my cobra I told them I wanted it for 2500 under the sticker price. they finally say yes after a hagle. I also tell them that i want crome rims on the car that is the only change i wanted on the car. They overlook it and move on 4 hours into the deal yes 4 hours. they try to screw me on the finace some thing like 9% i was like I have over a 800 on my score. So i leave with the car and go to my bank and get a 5% rate. then i take a check in One day later
they have a yellow conv w/ crome rims on the lot. I was pissed.
I wrote letters and they claim after talking with the staff that they lowered the price on the car because of the rims. so here I am with the alloys.
I dont knkow what to do . Ricart Ford, America's largest dealer. SUCKS>

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Yea Most of the time its the Service Dept, not the dealer though. A lot of these service centers shouldnt be SVT service centers. The quality of the work they do, and their technical "know how" is just way under par. SVT should raise the standard as to what dealers can be and should be SVT dealers.

BAD03SVT

Established Member
does anyone know a great dealership in TEXAS. just wanted you guy's opinions i havent had a reason yet but just in case i do.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
the padding under my rear spoiler is coming out form underneath on one end. i have been putting off this for a while.

is this something i could do myself. i looked under the trunk lid and there is a few screw in plain site. 3 into the inside of the top and 2 into the back portion of the decklid. are these the only ones that need to be loosened or are there some hidden ones that are covered or you can't see.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
i dont know if i hate my dealer or service dept yet. have not taken it in for service.

i bought mine out of town becuause the local dealer (extremely corrupt and horrible service on my last mustang but now new owners) did not have any but i went by there to order some screws and nuts and now they have about 5 or 6 one of which is a nice 10th anniv. i would have to yack on the seats though.

jjksutton

Rookie for Life
Established Member
My dealer has a pretty good service department...they know my name and know I don't want anybody d*cking around with my car. Cowles in Woodbridge VA...good people.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My dealer takes extra care whenever working on my car. And...they never "test" drive it without me in the car. So I've got no complaints. And.....they have good coffee and a comfortable waiting room with a TV. Lots of auto mags, too.
:beer:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
No no not at all. Just a question. If someone from your dealership bought a Cobra, had it four weeks, and then it died, was taken to the dealer and they had it for over two weeks and still cant fix the car, does that warrent a new car? Its actually over two weeks, and counting...

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
The one is deal with is great, they put in a new motor and fixed the wheelbearing for no charge and didn't bitch about it either. I figured after hearing some horror stories that with new motor and the wheelbearings it would be outragous, I had 2.1 miles put on it, and it was just a loop around the area, nothing too bad. I would reccomend them to anyone.

BIGGESTJOHNSON

Established Member
Dont hate on us guys at dealers, sorry for this comment all you compatent yankee techs but... If you are close to the border, why not bring it accross the line into Canada??? We have more highly trained techs than the US and our money is roughly equivelent to the freakin PESO!! Now before all you American techs chime in and flame me, also take into consideration that our warranty policies are alittle more lax than our American brothers ie. SVT repairs. Of course...I have often wondered if I should make the move to the States to try and get away from all my damn taxes. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread