Who is from Kansas

Black Sex

Established Member
Anyone from Manhattan thats know Keaton McKinven? He has a black 01 Camaro SS with 402 stroker. Works at a GM dealership I think. Tell him some guy on the internet from Iowa said he was a dork and has a slow car.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I would like to do cruises and what not but living at least2/3 hours away from most of you makes it difficult to do. There just aren't many people here in Wichita that like to do such driving. I really don't know why either.

It was different back before Fast & Furrious. Now we have more traffic cops here than citys 4x out size. How do you think they can do speed enforcment zones on Kellogg and have the next 2 miles with people lined up on the side of the road for going 1-5mph over. They assume that several nice fast cars crusing are going to find a spot to race, ever since they came down on streetracers by boxing in an industrial park with no outlet while racing was going on. The empty park would be much safer cause of no oncoming traffic. Now that those meets are scarce they tail groups of modified cars crusing around to see if they will do some inpromptu runs. Best part is that if you have a passenger and you get caught racing you can get charged with attempted manslaughter.
Best choice is to cruise "around" Wichita, on open highways. I love crusing, but the car owners down here are not organized anymore. All the fellas I'd cruise with who had lightnings as well have long since sold their trucks and dissapeared.

BTW after traveling the country for work, I really appreciate living here.

Last edited:

M240Bravo

Established Member
Not me, I hate this state. I drive back home for nice cruises and a lot of good street racing. There is not one thing to do in this state and I hope bad things happen to this state!

jbentley

Established Member
Not me, I hate this state. I drive back home for nice cruises and a lot of good street racing. There is not one thing to do in this state and I hope bad things happen to this state!

You cry alot about this state. I have learned from my time in the service to make the best out of were ever you are stationed.

jfitts23

Established Member
You cry alot about this state. I have learned from my time in the service to make the best out of were ever you are stationed.

i would have to say the same thing. All the places i have been, they are what you make them. but i'm from the midwest so it doesn't bother me here. Some people here are different then other places but its cool.Its life.

Black Sex

Established Member
I miss Kansas. I miss the flatness the most. I moved to Iowa in '91. There isn't much to do here either, unless you wasnt to fish in the dirty ass Missouri river, or drive round and round in the dirt, and golf. Which I don't do any of the last two. Nothing but hills where im at. It usually makes for an interesting winter. Anyone from Salina? Thats where I lived as a kid....well untill I was 9

Last edited:

M240Bravo

Established Member

I liked Benning and I liked Germany. Both of those place have things to do. The only thing to do here is drink, eat and hit on fat women.

Since I have been here the car world has gone from almost every weekend to not one thing. Even the forums here are over a year of people not even posting. Then it comes to the point of trying to find people to hang out with that aren't broke or ones that their wifes will let them come out.

Even look at this thread, all else people in here and not one cruise not one GTG. This state blows and so do the people in it.

Thats it.

i would have to say the same thing. All the places i have been, they are what you make them. but i'm from the midwest so it doesn't bother me here. Some people here are different then other places but its cool.Its life.

So you think I cry about this place too? Ya I said it from the first time I meet you and you even said you didn't like it here. Oh and I'm sorry I can't make the best of it. But again there is nothing to do here.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
You are in Ft Riley, right ****ing next to Manhattan, Kansas if you cant find a good looking girl or anything to do in that town then it's not the state that has the problems.

If you want to race then take it to the track. Heartland Park Topeka is what an hours drive away and you have one of the best facilities in the country for drag racing and a good road course too.

Its fall, people travel from all over the country to flat assed boring kansas to hunt because it's that good here. Pheasants, quail, deer, geese I could go on.

Youre two hours from Kansas City, Kansas bet you havent even gone to KC for the weekend yet have you? Chiefs games, Royals games in the spring/summer, KC has aout everything and some very good BBQ.

Theres a lot to do around here. I was stationed in Little Rock for four years. I had to find the things to do around there. Great lakes in that part of the country, hot springs ark is a great weekend getaway location. etc etc.

Chin up there are many places worse than here.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
What?? Im trying to help.

There are alot of guys from Riley that come up to Salina to auto-x, I've never seen you there. The Salina Region even put on an auto-x event on base last year.

Salina SCCA website
www.salinascca.org

Last edited:

M240Bravo

Established Member
What?? Im trying to help.

There are alot of guys from Riley that come up to Salina to auto-x, I've never seen you there. The Salina Region even put on an auto-x event on base last year.

Salina SCCA website
Home

I never ask what there is to do around here.

But cool!

Users who are viewing this thread