Who plans on keeping their car?

rancid

Established Member
Just curious on the number '13-14 owners that plan on keeping their cars forever, assuming no financial or life difficulties. I've come to an point where selling mine would help tremendously with a new house deposit but I am having an extremely hard time with the thought of letting this special car go.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I may consider selling the 11, if a " real " offer were presented.
The 14 is the color I wanted when I bought the 11, so it isn't going anywhere.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Mine is paid off and has 6k miles on it. While nothing is forever, out of all the hot rods that I have owned, I regret selling my 03 Cobra the most. I will not make that mistake again. I plan on keeping her until I cannot enjoy her anymore.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
For me it just depends on what Ford throws out for the next GT500 and how much they'll charge. I'm climbing the career ladder right now and if I can land a higher pay grade then I may well spring for the next car. If I stay flat then I'll keep the '14.

I'll be honest, while I do love how the solid axle hooks up in a straight line I very much miss the refinement of the IRS in my '03 Cobra. Angus MacKenzie (sp?) hit the nail on the head when he said the mid-corner bumps and resulting sideways movement is unnerving. The steering feel is phenomenal on the current GT500, Motor Trend called it among the best in the world but on the new car with the dual ball-joint steering it is supposed to be even better. Driving a nicely setup IRS car on curvy mountain roads with even better steering, fade-free brakes (at last!), more power, better safety, and an updated interior with better connectivity is an exciting proposition. How the new car takes to modding and what rods are in the shortblock play a role as well.

nuxx

Established Member
Always missed having my cobras...

I'll keep it and move on to something else for a toy :)

Just probably store it at my wife's ranch or something.

rancid

Established Member
For those mentioning keeping it for their sons, this is the #1 reason I am struggling with the decision. I originally planned driving it until paid off and storing it for when he is old enough.

ThomasL

Established Member
I plan on keeping mine forever. Give it to my son one day. Definitely not when he's 16 lol. Maybe 26.

NELCO

Established Member
I am keeping mine until I am gone. Then my two boys can fight over it and I won't have to choose which one gets it!

verbal

Established Member
I am undecided. I would love to be one of those guys that has a garage full of cars stacked on lifts and have this be one of the cars. My wife really does not like the car and I have a newborn baby though. I have barely driven the car this summer and when I look at the money that goes out the door every month I frequently think of trading it for something with four doors. It would be really cool to hold on to this thing and have it when I am older. I guess it all depends on where my wife's and my own careers go.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I bought it with cash, and unless something bad happens I'll be keeping mine.

E

bpmurr

Established Member
While I'd like to say I'll keep mine forever, my history says I'll be in something else within a year. Most likely a GT350 but the Hellcat does have my attention.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread