Who ports Eatons anymore?

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
I got a question for you guys, I most recently had to replace my Steg blower with a Posi ported eaton. When I got the Posi eaton (with the race port) I couldn’t help but notice how much smaller the port job was on compared to my Steg. So my first question is, is it even worth it to send the blower off to Steg to get it opened up more and have the Torque plate welded in? If so, how the hell do you even get in contact with Steg? I have literally called, emailed, sent a telegram, and smoke signaled Steg and haven’t gotten anything back from them. What do you guys think? Should I bother getting the Posi race ported blower ported even more? Is it worth it?

alidsm

Established Member
I would go with Johnny Porting, his turn around time is great, and awesome customer service!

1320 Junkie

Established Member
You can also do it yourself if your brave enough...I've ported all my own eatons, whipples and recently my vmp tvs..all with amazing results.

FoMoCo08

LSX Slayer
Established Member
I love my Steg stage 6 Ported Eaton and matched TB & plenum. Highly recommend them !

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
OP johnny porting is the way to go, his ports make very similar power to the posi race port blower.

recently where i get tuned they had a cobra come in with a johnny port blower, cams, full exhaust, and 2.76 upper/4lb lower, he made 585/555 (on e85)

50q's

Established Member
Thanks guys. I actually have the blower boxed up and shipping it to John this afternoon

Are you being serious? You have a posi ported blower and you want it ported more? Posi ports have shown to make the most power. If I were you I wouldve sold the posi or traded it for a non ported plus cash. You wouldve been further ahead.

svtshadow

Banned
"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been around for a bit but forgot to post in here.

I offer porting services for Lightnings and Cobras

If you send your blower in for porting the charges are:
$350 Lightning m112
$450 Cobra m112
$450 GT500 m122

If you want to purchase a ported blower with the exchange program the pricing is:
Lightning: $425 shipped plus your stock blower and I cover shipping from me to you and I send the ported blower to you before you remove yours for ZERO downtime.
Cobra: $550 shipped plus your stock blower and I cover shipping from me to you and I send the ported blower to you before you remove yours for ZERO downtime.

I also port throttle bodies and plenums
$85 for ported tb and plenum
$75 for ported tb and plenum at time of blower port

Lightning Lower intake porting:
$125 gasket matching
$200 gasket match/full port/smoothing

My Turnaround time is 3-4 days if you send your items in for work.

I can also replace bearings and seals in snouts for $150
I can also replace rear case bearings for $150

I can also install different upper pullies on the blowers prior to shipment. $20

All blowers will come filled with oil and ready to bolt on. (new service)
All blowers can come with stripped rotors for $30 (unless coating is completely intact)
All blowers can have silencer holes filled $10

Package deal pricing:
Case, tb, and plenum port, stripped rotors, filled silencer holes regreased rear bearings and new snout oil $450.00
Case port and front snout rebuild stripped rotors, silencer holes filled $500.00 Add a ported tb and plenum for $100.00
Call/text/email for other package deal options.
Contact info: 402-440-3439
email: [email protected] (not my paypal address)" Johnny Porting Services

Hope this helps you

Users who are viewing this thread