Who says a DFX isn't streetable?

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Boy am I glad I didn't listen to all the whiners who said this clutch isn't streetable. :shrug: The clutch pedal is softer, it shifts 10x smother than stock, & really grabs (doesn't jerk you though). Learning how to shift into first with out jerking took 2 days....by the third day a passenger couldn't tell a difference. Plus this clutch will hold over 600 to the wheels....I am not regretting it! :thumbsup:

djtyau

Established Member
Whew!! Good to hear. I had purchased this clutch and all the accessories a while ago and was hesitant to install it. Exactly for the reasons you just stated. A lot of negativity. Thanks for the review.

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
I love my DFX,,,only time it chatters now is if I down shift it.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I need to ditch my Ram for a DFX/fidanza combo. I'm not getting the "bite"
out of the Ram that I'm looking for.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Once you learn how to shift into first you'll like it. I have done city driving with it.....I love the fact that the clutch pedal takes a lot less effort than stock.

T.O.Snake

Established Member
I'm debating whether or not I need to upgrade my clutch (TOB is being and SOB right now :mj: ). I'd like to hear more input about the differences, and especially streetability issues surrounding the switch to a DFX from stock. This car is a daily driver (which my wife also drives), and I don't want to have to listen to her complaints (or personally feel that the car is a PITA to drive). Thanks.

TERMIN8DNOMORE

Established Member
While wee are on the topic of clutches and im not tryng to hijack here. would your DFX guys say this i a far better and streetable clutch than any of the spec clutches? I had a spec stage to in my 94 cobra and it was a bitch to drive daily. when i got i told myseelf i would never buy another spec clutch again. but theni have been told tha tin the 03 cobras the specs are lighter than sotck also.

whi tri

Established Member
Well I had a spec stage 4 in mine before the switch and I really think that they are about the same. They both chattered.

whi tri

Established Member
T.O.Snake said:
I'm debating whether or not I need to upgrade my clutch (TOB is being and SOB right now :mj: ). I'd like to hear more input about the differences, and especially streetability issues surrounding the switch to a DFX from stock. This car is a daily driver (which my wife also drives), and I don't want to have to listen to her complaints (or personally feel that the car is a PITA to drive). Thanks.
My girlfriend drives mine also and she drives it fine once you figure out that you need to start off around 2000. she'll be fine

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I don't know how the DFX compares to any spec clutches, but I just upgraded from the glazed stocker a month ago. Took a few days to get used to it. Much softer pedal and no slipping. Took it to the track last Friday and didn't launch worth bananas. Too used to having to slip the old clutch instead of dumping this one since it grabs so well. Better results next time. I'd recommend it to anyone, even a wife, g/f, grandma. They'll appreciate it.

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
I have the DFX setup as well and love it at the track and it is okay on the street but is a pain in stop and go traffic. I don't drive it now when i know there will be traffic, so no commutes to work with it. It does have a lighter pedal effort.

T.O.Snake

Established Member
got torque said:
I have the DFX setup as well and love it at the track and it is okay on the street but is a pain in stop and go traffic. I don't drive it now when i know there will be traffic, so no commutes to work with it. It does have a lighter pedal effort.

Interesting, cause the city is where I do the bulk of my driving in my daily commute. Is it really that bad? I find the stocker can be a bit of a PITA in really heavy stop and go - is this that much worse, even though the pedal effort is lighter? If so, why would that be?

showme cobra

Banned
PonyFever said:
I don't know how the DFX compares to any spec clutches, but I just upgraded from the glazed stocker a month ago. Took a few days to get used to it. Much softer pedal and no slipping. Took it to the track last Friday and didn't launch worth bananas. Too used to having to slip the old clutch instead of dumping this one since it grabs so well. Better results next time. I'd recommend it to anyone, even a wife, g/f, grandma. They'll appreciate it.

thanks for the info i have just made up my mind were you having slipping probs my stock clutch seemed fine in 1-2 gears but in 3-4 gears up in hard boost it felt like it would start slipping

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
showme cobra said:
thanks for the info i have just made up my mind were you having slipping probs my stock clutch seemed fine in 1-2 gears but in 3-4 gears up in hard boost it felt like it would start slipping

I really felt my stoker slipping in 3rd

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
thats good to hear, i had alotta chatter in mine for a couple hundred miles, but it was still smooth, now its perfect, holds, and no noise, smooth as buttaaaaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread