Who says a DFX isn't streetable?

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
T.O.Snake said:
I'm debating whether or not I need to upgrade my clutch (TOB is being and SOB right now :mj: ). I'd like to hear more input about the differences, and especially streetability issues surrounding the switch to a DFX from stock. This car is a daily driver (which my wife also drives), and I don't want to have to listen to her complaints (or personally feel that the car is a PITA to drive). Thanks.

+1 on the TOB being and SOB, and I slipped bad yesterday with Nitto DRs, half hour of city driving in 95 heat and humidity, and a 2nd gear romp (rpms went up but car was "catching" up)

I thinks I will be doing the clutch before I port the blower
car has 28k on it and about 8k on 2.76 pulley

Quick Strike

Established Member
I installed my DFX over the winter and have been driving it a while. It will slip to a point in the clutch throw and then chatter. You have to learn where that point in the throw is, and not slip it beyond that. It is on or off after that point. It is no problem in stop-and go-traffic as long as you dont slip it beyond the chatter point. It just takes a while to learn haw far you can go.

The DFX also grabs way better then the stock as my left half shaft will attest. I never broke a half shaft at the track before installing this clutch.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Im going with the DFX setup as soon as my car gets BACK out of the shop for my coolant problems.

SA SNAKE

Established Member
More like 30 miles round trip and no problems at all! My clutch had some chatter for the 1st few weeks. But It is 99.9 percent GONE! With learning how to drive with the new found grippy clutch and a few high RPM drops it is all good. No problems with shifting an WOT either with my UPR fw adjuster/clutch quadrant.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
So my DFX is handling the 600rwhp in stop and go daily driving traffic pretty well.

when new it had a bunch of chatter but that quickly went away.

after 8k miles, its has minor chatter in first that you can easy you way around pretty well.

some things that have happened though that werent there when it was new,
screeching like sound first thing in the morning depending on the humidity
level (goes away after the first couple stop signs) comments where its normal.

also heavy downshifting will cause it to chatter as well, easing into lower gears has no problems.

still no slippage under WOT so thats good :)

Users who are viewing this thread