who the hell designed this exhaust?

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
well 95% of it isn't bad, but just one bolt i couldn't get out without a universal joint. i guess its also my fault for working on my car at night, and without all of my tools (tip: never let your friends borrow your tools, they mysteriously disappear in his garage). so i went to put my VRS off road X pipe on tonight, get the car on stands, go to take out the O2 sensors, and i can't find my 7/8 box wrench, so my buddy finally drops it off, meanwhile i took off the H to cat back bolts, and the driver side header flange bolts. now i am doing the passenger side, one bolt goes fine, the one closest to the fender is directly in line with K member, impossible to access with a 1/2 or 3/8 ratchet and extensions without stripping it. ok so i need a universal, of course it is not with my tools. go back to my buddy's house, can't find it anywhere in the garage. so i call it quits, clean everything up, and his brother pulls up with the universal, it was in his car.:bash: ahhh, so it looks like i will be finishing up tomorrow. if i had all of my tools from jump street, then i would have been done in 45 minutes, especially since they don't have hangers. man i can't wait to hear this car fire up tomorrow, crossing my fingers about the SES light.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I've got way too much money in my tools to loan them out. I use to. But the same thing happened. Nobody takes care of your tools like you do. They come back broken, tweaked or not at all. Then it's "I don't know what happened." :burn:

tanksp

i just heard that fiorefive0 just cant work with cars..and that she o i mean he cant drive either..haha

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Re: Re: who the hell designed this exhaust?

Originally posted by tanksp
i just heard that fiorefive0 just cant work with cars..and that she o i mean he cant drive either..haha

I don't know either one of you from Adam, but a statement like this from a "person" with only 1 post? Like we really believe what you're saying.

Oh, yeah...I forgot..."Don't feed the trolls"

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
thats alright, its probably just some young punk who drives around with their stereo bumpin. he probably never even turned a wrench.

tanksp

hey u know i am only repeating wat i heard about the kid...i mean it sounds like he has never turned a wrench before with the problems he was having..if i had that car i would have the thing running 10's..what he hell i think i could beat him in some rice burner

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
hey u know i am only repeating wat i heard about the kid...i mean it sounds like he has never turned a wrench before with the problems he was having..if i had that car i would have the thing running 10's..what he hell i think i could beat him in some rice burner

You're new here and you're not making any friends. Take it easy and enjoy . :thumbsup:

i8u

Established Member

Sounds like the only problem he was having was Not having all his tools. Read the first post again newbie.:beer:

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
Curious to hear exactly what you did and how it feels (SOTP) and sound.
Does the x-pipe have cats?
Where did you buy and how much?
Using stock cat-back system?
Hows it sound and feel?

Give us the low-down!
I have turned a few wrenches but now that I got enough $$ to pay someone I usually take the easy way out. Easier to work on with a lift. BUT if you say its that easy, maybe I will try myself and save a hundred bucks...

Lemme know!

THANKS! :)

Mowgli

Established Member
Yes, let us know your before and after sound impressions.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
Originally posted by Fast03Cobra
Curious to hear exactly what you did and how it feels (SOTP) and sound.
Does the x-pipe have cats?
----no its an off road X pipe
Where did you buy and how much?
---directly from VRS - $180 shipped
Using stock cat-back system?
---Flowmaster 2.5" Delta Flow cat back
Hows it sound and feel?
---it is LOUD, i am still getting used to the X pipe sound, not sure if i like it, it does sound good. dont know if i want to go with high flow cats next time (when i do long tubes) or off road H or high flow H. definitely keeping the flowmasters though. they should be posting my cat back only sound files on mustangexhaust.com soon. i will be recording the X + cat back soon.

Give us the low-down!
I have turned a few wrenches but now that I got enough $$ to pay someone I usually take the easy way out. Easier to work on with a lift. BUT if you say its that easy, maybe I will try myself and save a hundred bucks...
===it was so easy, especially since they don't have hangers for the X/H pipe anymore, you just undo the 8 bolts and drop it. bolt up the new one and you are done. all i needed was a ratchet the right sockets, box wrench(s), and a universal joint (for the passenger side header to H pipe flange)

Lemme know!

THANKS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread