Who to tune my pos?

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
1) Donnie is done racing for awhile. He just wants to enjoy his car for a change instead of abusing once every few months.

2) You don't need to be talkin about racing anyone in Texas, you're in Cali.

3) Race your own cars, not Daddy's. :p
1. I can understand that, I just offered, no big deal.

2. My Cobra is here, so as you said, it'd be hard to race him... Its still got a stock blower so it wouldn't be much of a race after he hooked up anyway. I still fly into town from time to time, my girl does still live there unfortunately.

3. M¥ car in TX doesnt run ass...:bored:

4. FYM!

blownaltered

Established Member
Well have some kind of status report. The heads will be back together in a week or so. The head guy Extreme uses is a little backed up but is going to fit me in. Going ahead and putting heavy duty valve springs on to be safe, lucky for me the valves weren't bent. Look something I don't have to fix, so we are looking at about 2 weeks till she is up and running again.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Well have some kind of status report. The heads will be back together in a week or so. The head guy Extreme uses is a little backed up but is going to fit me in. Going ahead and putting heavy duty valve springs on to be safe, lucky for me the valves weren't bent. Look something I don't have to fix, so we are looking at about 2 weeks till she is up and running again.

Better than never.:thumbsup::beer:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member

2 weeks to put valve springs in? Damn couldn't the shop do that, it only takes a couple of hours...

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Did you forget about having to mill the heads.
Oh didn't see that part. I could have sent you to the guy that did all of my head work and he probably would have gotten everything done in a day or two. He milled mine, did a 3 angel valve job, welded up some cracks in them, and installed all new SS valves, retainers etc. and it took him about 4 days... The guy isn't cheap at all but he is good. He works on mainly all pro mod type heads.

Last edited:

blownaltered

Established Member
Oh didn't see that part. I could have sent you to the guy that did all of my head work and he probably would have gotten everything done in a day or two. He milled mine, did a 3 angel valve job, welded up some cracks in them, and installed all new SS valves, retainers etc. and it took him about 4 days... The guy isn't cheap at all but he is good. He works on mainly all pro motor type heads.

The guy that has my heads is the same guy that did the heads on my old dragsters. Did the heads on the nitrous motor and my blown 408 that was in the altered. Guy does damn good work, I know I will get it done right. Not saying your guy wouldn't but I'm going with who I know on this one.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
So going to get hpp to tune it or who? My car has had the same tune for 3 or 4 years back when jeremy was tuning at hpp been checked about 5 or 6 times and is still a very good true tune.... I beat other cobras with 30-40+ rwhp. Might not be all in the tune but I think he did a good job with it.

Users who are viewing this thread