Who wants to be a rockstar and help me identify some wires?

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
Okay so we are dangerously close to getting this thing running but first I need to figure out where a few things go. A Coil On Plug conversion was done but frankly I just don't trust anything on this car. that's where you fine folks come in.

facts:

A. 1997 cobra wiring harness (the original one)
B. COP Conversion
C. mach 1 intake conversion (for the 99 longblock)

8.jpg

Plug 1: drivers side rear of engine

1.jpg

Plug 1 wire colors
2.jpg

wires 1: snipped wires on drivers side near an injector

3.jpg

wires 2 more snipped wires drivers side rear of engine.

4.jpg

all the snipped wires together except for the red one

5.jpg

Plug 3: some extended wires

6.jpg

Plug 4: more extended wires on the drivers side

7.jpg

96dreamer

Established Member
The first gray plug looks to be for the IMRC actuator. The next few wires I believe go to EGR components. There were two plugs on the driver side that could be deleted when the egr was removed. The extended wires may have just been from the cop swap if it was hard wired in. I can post copies of the full engine wiring schematic when I get home to verify, this is all just form memory.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
dude that would be AMAZING if you could manage that! I've been searching high and low for schematics. you've already been incredibly helpful with the couple things you said. thanks a million!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Id guess EGR for the driver stuff as well, I deleted mine but the plugs are still there. I'll try to remember to check tonight.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
Well my value-add is dubious here. But that grey connector looks like the one that goes behind the intake and connects across the bell housing..O2 or speed sensor maybe?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
96dreamer has you sorted pretty well here here but I'll just add that if you have any additional questions I have my original factory engine harness laying around that would be easy to check things on. Incidentally, I hardwired a COP swap into it several years ago and removed all of the EGR/SAI/IMRC components so it should be virtually identical to what you're working with. It's just been sitting around collecting dust since I swapped over to Holley EFI. Just can't bring myself to get rid of it.

I also have engine wiring schematics at home, I *think*. I know for certain I have chassis side and CCRM harnesses schematics. If 96dreamer doesn't get some posted, I can scan them and send them over to you.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
I also have engine wiring schematics at home, I *think*. I know for certain I have chassis side and CCRM harnesses schematics. If 96dreamer doesn't get some posted, I can scan them and send them over to you.

dude i would be forever grateful. I'm just not sure about anything on this car since I didn't disassemble it and when I crank up the new engine for the first time I want the engine to have its best chance to do well.

96dreamer

Established Member
Sorry I didn't get them yesterday, wife made dinner plans and I didn't get a chance to scan everything. Disregard any of the markings or notes. I used these when I was wiring in my ms3pro in. The main wiring pdf isn't uploading because it says its to big right now.

Edit: I uploaded them to my google drive and created a shareable folder All of them are located here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1npxo3VtuQ9_WzrFswl5RdwN7Kf_acA8Y

Attachments

• 96 cobra ecm pinout.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 117
  • 96 cobra imrc ccrm.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:

96dreamer

Established Member
Site is being stupid and won't let me edit the post. It was being weird when I posted the link and kept trying to insert it as a picture. The hyperlink doesn't work but if you copy the whole link and paste it it will take you to the shared drive folder

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
alright gang, hopefully this is the last round. the pdf's answered a lot of questions so I got most of the wiring figured out but still have a few stragglers.

A:

w1.jpg

B:
w2.jpg

C:
w3.jpg

D:
w4_cts.jpg

Close up of D wires
w5.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure about the wires without the car in front of me.
Are those BC coilovers I see? How do you like them and how long have you had them. My brother in law just installed a set yesterday on his Chrysler 300.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
Not sure about the wires without the car in front of me.
Are those BC coilovers I see? How do you like them and how long have you had them. My brother in law just installed a set yesterday on his Chrysler 300.

They're nice considering i've never driven the car, let alone on the new suspension :D

Users who are viewing this thread