Who would win between a SC Mustang GT and an Evo/Sti?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Jay

Out of my mind. Back in 5
Established Member
Car is a 99-04 supercharged gt (aftercooled running 10lbs, 4.10, Tremec T56,LT's, and a bunch of other bolt ons) versus an Evo/Sti (from a dig and from a roll)? :pepper:

Dr.Jay

Established Member
Is that so.... catch-up= true --maybe-- long maybe there, running on 255/18 street tires lol <_<... from a roll- not so sure about the STi thing... this particular STI I refer to not sure what it has, but it sports a loud ass BOV, exhaust too, intimidating as hell... so not stock I believe...

LOL AT THE OWL LMAO

Snake-Eater

Smart Newbie?
Established Member
I don't know man, I raced an STI (stock I think) and beat him from a dig and roll. With the s/c and bolt-ons you should be straight.

03CobraBro

Established Member
I'v driven my moms Stage 3 380R Roush a couple times... If STI's are as quick as those blown 2v's down low and especially up high, I'd be very impressed.

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
What's your best ET@MPH and what are your best 60 foot times.

You're too vague in your assessment of the STI, just because he has a loud BOV means nothing. The fact that he has a loud BoV means he's VTA....which unless he's running a full stand alone EMS is a bad thing.

primetime

Established Member
The GT you describe should be 400+ RWHP with a good tune. If the STI or EVO isn't well modded they will lose from a dig and roll. If the STI or EVO are modded then it's a different story depending on the mods. later Ron

delmarsteelers

Established Member
Dude, You are going to murder the STI/EVO. The only chance they have is a sh!tload of mods, and their take-offs. I know that magizines have those EVO's and STI's in the 13.1 1/4 mile in stock form, but I don't see that on the road. They have an incredible take-off and you will have to play catch up. From a roll you will kill their a$$! I think the EVO's are better from a roll than the STI's.
With Drag Radials you should be 12.5-12.8 with your mods. You are pushing 10 psi and have all the other mods to go along with it. Just think the 02-04 (not sure of the years) Steeda gt with 8 psi gets 12.6, or close to that........

Good Luck

Last edited:

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
I dont think you would have a problem with either cars. I ran a 05 STI a few nights ago and from a 30 roll I put about 2 1/2 cars on him to 100. I was surprised I thouight they were faster.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
SnakeEater said:
I don't know man, I raced an STI (stock I think) and beat him from a dig and roll. With the s/c and bolt-ons you should be straight.
Hey Snakeeater, When did you get the rims there sick! you need to bring that beast back out you've been missing some huge meets.

rtdakota

Established Member
Just for perspective....
I have a buddy that makes about 375 to the wheels with his 04 sti....
Track best is 12.1 at 113.....
So, from a dig, if it is modded, you will have some trouble... From a role, you should be just fine....

Snake-Eater

Smart Newbie?
Established Member
03BLOODREDSNAKE said:
nice wheels :-D

cobra2798 said:
Hey Snakeeater, When did you get the rims there sick! you need to bring that beast back out you've been missing some huge meets.
Thanks. I got them for Christmas, had them mounted new year's day. I will be out there again, I just don't want to show up with the same car you saw last time. I'm working on some mods, so the next time you see her she'll be a totally different beast :D

Artt

New to site

How do you actually start a new thread on here?I have an engine and trans for sale and need to know how to post it.Thanks.Aluminum cobra block studded with a Girdle on the bottom end.Steel cobra crank,Manly H beam rods,J&E pistons with Hellfire rings,Aftermarket oil pan with pickup,Electric water pump with delete idler.ATI super dampner,Billet timing wheel,Reactor flexplate,Studds for the heads, Copper head gaskets.Two dual overhead cam cobra heads. Trans,C-4 with JW ultrabell,PA servo,reverse manual valve body,trans brake,aluminum trans pan,all the best internals,5500 stall converter,Cheeta shifter,aftermarket yoke.I just paid $8000 for the engine and trans 9 months ago.
I would be willing to trade for a Sports quad,350 Raptor,honda ex 400,trx 450,kaw 400 etc....

Snake-Eater

Smart Newbie?
Established Member
^^^Completely wrong forum dude. Go to subforum "The Market" and in the upper left to where all the threads are there is a tag that says "start new thread". Click that.

DrZacharyus said:
yeah gabe you need to come out i called you! but no pick up:(
Did you? My phone deleted a bunch of numbers recently for no reason and yours was one of them. I probably didn't recognize it was you and thought it was someone from work trying to get me to pick up a shift, so I ignored it :lol1:. I still have your # in my PM box, I just haven't re-entered it in my phone yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.Jay

Established Member
4tun8 said:
What's your best ET@MPH and what are your best 60 foot times.

You're too vague in your assessment of the STI, just because he has a loud BOV means nothing. The fact that he has a loud BoV means he's VTA....which unless he's running a full stand alone EMS is a bad thing.

That's the thing bro, due to the fact that I don't have drag radials, I'm not really interested in a smoke show at the track, so I really don't know ET's.... and the car DOES have one problem though, one that will be fixed in a month hopefuly- the car STILL sports the incredibly awesomely LAME chip that came with it- you now understand my concern with these cars.. but worry not, SCT Xcalibrator 2 to the rescue (sometime soon). :fart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread