Who would win between a SC Mustang GT and an Evo/Sti?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfire03

Established Member
Why is everyone making STi's out to be so slow? STi's are very hard cars to drive. If you get a driver who can actually drive it, it might be closer than you think.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Redfire03 said:
Why is everyone making STi's out to be so slow? STi's are very hard cars to drive. If you get a driver who can actually drive it, it might be closer than you think.

Why does everyone think they're so fast? From what I've seen they're a high to mid 13 second cars. If you want a low 13 out of them you better drive them like you hate it and want to break the damn thing.

jgheels2003

Established Member
XCELR8 said:
Why does everyone think they're so fast? From what I've seen they're a high to mid 13 second cars. If you want a low 13 out of them you better drive them like you hate it and want to break the damn thing.

Not true. You just have to know how to drive, just like driving anything else. You have no idea just how different they are from what you drive. Redfire03 knows what I'm talking about. They are geared for rally with a bulletproof tranny, which makes for an excellent quick hitting powerband in every gear on the road. They are easy to launch, but try going through 5 gears at 1/4 mile strip w/o experience and you won't do well. That doesn't mean they won't run, b/c they will. They are becoming easier to mod and much more prevalent in the bigger hp range.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
The fact of the matter is that 99% of the people that drive them aren't professionals. A car is only as fast as the driver, so if the car is that difficult to drive, that still doesn't change the fact of what they normally run at the track by an average person. (high/mid 13s) This is just my 2¢ by the way. :)

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
The STi was from a 50 mph roll...and it wasn't pretty at all, I'd say about 3+ cars to 110 before I let off. Granted I'd love to try to race from a dig, but it was too dangerous to stop in the middle of the highway.

Another time I raced one on a short stretch of road, 2 lanes going uphill that merge to 1 lane as it crests over the top of the hill. We both were about 25 mph and gunned it up the hill...well I was the one who was in front of him at the merge point.

jasonc32amg

Established Member
Dr.Jay said:
Is that so.... catch-up= true --maybe-- long maybe there, running on 255/18 street tires lol <_<... from a roll- not so sure about the STi thing... this particular STI I refer to not sure what it has, but it sports a loud ass BOV, exhaust too, intimidating as hell... so not stock I believe...

LOL AT THE OWL LMAO

It all depends on how "not stock" he is... STi's are more limited with just bolt-ons than an evo, they have relatively small turbos and even when upgraded they can't turn up the wick without upgrading the internals. An Evo has much more capacity with bolt-ons due to the bigger turbo and more robust motor, the 05's and 06's make more power each year. The Sti has a heck of a drivetrain though and it's not difficult to launch, just drop the hammer.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
Dr.Jay said:
Car is a 99-04 supercharged gt (aftercooled running 10lbs, 4.10, Tremec T56,LT's, and a bunch of other bolt ons) versus an Evo/Sti (from a dig and from a roll)? :pepper:

From a dig a well driven Evo/Sti would get the jump on you but you'd reel them in quickly once you get traction. From a roll a Evo/Sti shouldn't even try.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
I'd say from a roll you should win no matter what. I don't know what everyone else is talking about from a dig though. I have never lost from a stop light and I've run everything from GT40 SRT-4s, a Formula, Camaro SS with intake, header and exhaust and a Terminator (mods unknown). Even stock STis are nasty from a stop.

phucough

Established Member
I raced a 01 cobra with a supercharger(vortech?)maybe running 12lbs of boost on drag radials in my POS neon(SRT4/stock turbo+75 shot)and beat him all 3 races @ las vegas motorspeedway drag strip at wed. night street wars.My best run was 12.31@117 with a 1.79 60 ft. on 23.5x8.5x15 M&H slicks.Unlike alot of the people on here,the guy was actually really cool and gave me props on my car.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
phucough said:
I raced a 01 cobra with a supercharger(vortech?)maybe running 12lbs of boost on drag radials in my POS neon(SRT4/stock turbo+75 shot)and beat him all 3 races @ las vegas motorspeedway drag strip at wed. night street wars.My best run was 12.31@117 with a 1.79 60 ft. on 23.5x8.5x15 M&H slicks.Unlike alot of the people on here,the guy was actually really cool and gave me props on my car.
Good Job.

I will say, at 12 lbs boost he should have been able to beat a 12.3 on drag radials, if his car was running right...do you remember what his trap speed was?

MustangMike

GR81
Established Member
i raced a Evo tonight in my buddies '04 GT... auto, heavy ass system, STOCK... it pulled pretty hard on us from about (roll) 50-75 but we started playing catch up towards the end (120ish). I don't think it was stock though... not sure.

Quiksilver98

This space for rent
Established Member
I pulled on both an sti with an exhaust and a stock evo, beating them each by 1 car! I have two 12 inch lj's in the trunk also.... From a dig and a roll....

TacticalKaos

Established Member
Quiksilver98 said:
I pulled on both an sti with an exhaust and a stock evo, beating them each by 1 car! I have two 12 inch lj's in the trunk also.... From a dig and a roll....

They couldn't drive then. When I was stock I could play with GTs, no offense.

phucough

Established Member
Blue03Cobra said:
Good Job.

I will say, at 12 lbs boost he should have been able to beat a 12.3 on drag radials, if his car was running right...do you remember what his trap speed was?
If I remember right I think his traps were about 112-113

Squeeler92

ThinkTwice said:
The STi was from a 50 mph roll...and it wasn't pretty at all, I'd say about 3+ cars to 110 before I let off. Granted I'd love to try to race from a dig, but it was too dangerous to stop in the middle of the highway.

Another time I raced one on a short stretch of road, 2 lanes going uphill that merge to 1 lane as it crests over the top of the hill. We both were about 25 mph and gunned it up the hill...well I was the one who was in front of him at the merge point.

Probably because neither of those guys were racing when you mashed the pedal..... :bash:

Of course there is always the chance that both were god awful drivers....

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
WorkHorse09 said:
Probably because neither of those guys were racing when you mashed the pedal..... :bash:

Of course there is always the chance that both were god awful drivers....

:nonono: perhaps you're right, afterall when I race people I only press my pedal down halfway as to not complety slaughter my opponents...I wouldn't want to embarass them you know! :poke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread