who would win...Me or 2004 stock STI?????

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
You def have to drive them hard to reach full potential...not like a Terminator where you can be a complete dildo and still manage an 11 sec slip

Quin

Established Member
I ran one with (I think, I've only talked to the guy a few times, will find out for sure next weekend) a cai, full exhaust, a boost controller and a tune and he pulled about a car and a half on me from a 40-100 roll. Might as well have launched in reverse for how bad it went from a dig lol. I've got a shifter and a K&N filter, stock everything else. I can row some gears pretty well, though.

Random OT thought, I HATE people that lie about their cars. I ran a "stock" Evo the other night that had full exhaust, i/c hard pipes, anti-lag and probably some other stuff, stock turbo at 21lbs. I'm sitting there thinking it might be a decent race, then I hear the machine gun fire next to me... FML. I just don't get why people lie about their setups on fun runs. If he was actually stock, it probably would have been a driver's race, or nearly so. I wouldn't have wasted gas racing a car that's probably a full second faster than me in the 1/4, if not more. lol

blackbob

Nurburgring GTO
Established Member
Here is the thing about street races,there is no loyalty or code in them. Not to mention "stretching" the truth is always allowed. I always tell people my car is stock because its "stock" is a different term than "factory". So depending on the mods depends on the term I use, but that just me.

Also, if I lose it is what it is because personally I never take their word for anything. Especially if it's a money run and they can swear all day what is done to the car. I ALWAYS plan to race a much faster setup and bring my money game even if there is none. Only because I know how these things can turn out. To a factory turbo car guy things we consider "bolt-on's" that would otherwise make the car stock. Like I dunno LT's,Mid-pipe,gears,tune,and intake for us. Is no different than, down pipe,boost controller ( equal to that of a gear install ),intercooler,and exhaust. Because like us all they're doing is helping the car do what it already does but better.

So simply put know your opponent and something more then just your car and general v8 terminology for once. This will help you avoid unwelcome ass kickings and spot tail tail upgrades when you do hear "it's stock". At the end of the day just be a good sport and race the damn guy because you're not going to know until you do. Asking "Will I win" is a waste of time because it show's you'll only race someone if you're guaranteed to win and that's not being a good sport.

Just my .02

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread