Who's from Iowa?

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
Ya i can get those pics up, everytime i dig into this truck I find more things to buy for it. It should get done by spring. I have to move my buddys nova off the lift so I can get my truck up there to get the slide-a-links on and the torque converter. Iam having fun doing it though.

03snkvert

Established Member
I'm from Iowa. Cedar Rapids area.

Good to hear from you! We are all going to meet up again in the spring, maybe get to a car show or the Drag Strip. We will try and send out a pm to all the names in this thread and see what we can pull together!

Corey

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
Well u ready for the ice. LOL. Maybe we should get the CR boys over this way, it seems they are startin to pop up on this thread.

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
If it is something you don't have to do all at once we can start getting some of it done here and there. If you have a link to some of the stuff, post it up so we can see what it takes.

Did you ever check out the Cal Trac bars (traction bars) http://www.calvertracing.com/

About the cal tracs, they are awesome. I got some slide a links they are a little forgiving than the caltracs built almost like them but they slide with the suspension

03snkvert

Established Member
About the cal tracs, they are awesome. I got some slide a links they are a little forgiving than the caltracs built almost like them but they slide with the suspension

Do you know if they will work with the fiberglass leafs, I wouldn't think there would be a problem because they don't actually bolt to the spring!

Cal-Trac bars are awesome for leaf spring cars! Woops... and Trucks!

Last edited:

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
They should they are almost the same as cal tracs, I ll have to do a little search on that cause I want to put fiberglass leafs on. We lose about 53 or so pounds when we swap over to them

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I'm giving some solid thought to selling. I'm picking up a late 70's chevy 4x4 for pretty cheap to fill my truck needs. Based on what I owe on my L, I'm pretty sure I can break even or even come out a little ahead if I sell it or trade it in.

I'm looking at new style GT's at the moment... trying to stay in the $22k range or lower. If I could find an 06 GT in grabber orange, I'd be all over it. There's also terminators... but I'd really like to test drive one before I decided on that. If I did that, I'd want screamin' yellow, comp orange, black, or red. Maybe Sonic Blue.

No verts for me... just not my style.

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
There is a shelby gt500 coupe, White and blue sitten at our ford dealer up here. LOL. I would say Termy all the way!

zeus201

Established Member
Don't you know, Rio Red Verts. are the fastest body style and color. Plenty of 03/04 for sale right now at the price you want.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Might not wind up making the change now... wife threw a little bit of a fit last night about how I've been putting so much money in my truck saying I planned to keep it forever. ><

We'll see what happens over the next couple of months, I guess.

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
Im from IA too! Grinnell and Iowa City, depending on the time of year. :rolling: Us Iowa guys need to get together come spring, all my fellow stangbanger friends sold before the winter hit ,one sold his KB 2v and got a T/A :dw: Im finally getting to the Vortech install and rebuilding the rear end clusterf**k that was rebuilt WAY wrong when I snapped a stock axle in Cedar Falls. Anyone want to help me and my bud weld up my jacking rails and rockers this week and my Autopower roll bar next week? I have beer.........:thumbsup:

03snkvert

Established Member
We are deff. planning on all getting together somtime this spring. We will try to find a central location.

As far as the welding goes.... Yeah, I am not a welder. I always have my buddy do the welding, but it does sound like a good time. I need to go out and try and figure out what the pop in my front end is, but just don't feel like going out when it is cold!

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
I need to go out and try and figure out what the pop in my front end is, but just don't feel like going out when it is cold!

So you have one of those too, huh....:xpl: I have had one since I changed the stock springs out. Hopefully the contents of my nice full box from MM will solve it! :rockon: I just need to get all the blower stuff on and the front end back together so I can put it on and take it to get aligned. I need to find help installing my roll bar still hehe......... the beer will be here for anyone who at the very least wants to hang around and shoot the sh*t. :thumbsup:

Eric91Z

Established Member
Another Iowan here. Would love to get together sometime - good weather or bad. The Marauder is parked for the winter of course - first time since I have owned it - finally.

03snkvert

Established Member
So you have one of those too, huh....

Yeah, and I also got it after lowering the car and putting on the Alum rack bushings!

I know a guy that does roll bars etc. and is very good, and when it would come to trusting my life to a roll cage he is the guy I would call! His name is Danny but I would have to get you his number.

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
Well I got a set of AL rack bushings originally, but never installed them due to fears of noise problems. This time I got prothane ones, but only since my H&R SS plus the extended ball joints put so much stress on the bushings, the rack has like 1" free play now and I don't really think it it that safe.:rolling: Hopefully getting the Hotchkis CC plates replaced with the MM ones fixes all the front end clucks and rattles. I have a roll bar and a set of Wolfe racecraft low profile door bars, but I need to find someone to cut/fit and notch them to the main 4 pt bar. I actually might wait and order another bar, as I stupidly ordered the 1.75" bar and not the 2" bar. Do research before spending $450 on a roll bar and $200 to freight the thing from so-cal! :bash:

Last edited:

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
BTW, I forgot to ask, who here has any experience with Chris Lund? I met him a couple of seasons ago at Eddyville and see him almost every time I go racing here at Iowa Speedway (sucks) and ERP. He seems like an intelligent enough guy, but he didn't even know what brand of dyno he had in his own shop :shrug: I just want to check around before I trust him with anything on my car, especially after I watched him try to blow up a Mark VIII this year with a 200 shot of spray :nonono:

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
Another Iowan here. Would love to get together sometime - good weather or bad. The Marauder is parked for the winter of course - first time since I have owned it - finally.

Does your car have aftermarket exhaust on it? I may have seen you truckin down the hwy, but I can't remember where. I think I was driving my Black SVTF.

03snkvert

Established Member
He seems pretty seems to know his stuff! They haven't had the dyno very long, that is probably why he didn't know. His brother (I think) Jeff gets on here and posts sometimes. Ryan (zeus201) had him do some rearend work and they were reasonable on price and did good work.

Another member on here is having them (as we speak) put on a Whipple, X-pipe, injectors, ford GT pumps, spec clutch and 26 spline input shaft. We will see how they turn out and I will really let you know. I just pulled the car out there on Saturday so I don't know how much work they have done yet.

On the cage, Danny can probably add any bar you want. He actually did quite a bit of work on my buddies sn95 tubbed, big-block mustang. I think re is pretty reasonable and does excellent work.

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
Danny can probably add any bar you want. He actually did quite a bit of work on my buddies sn95 tubbed, big-block mustang. I think re is pretty reasonable and does excellent work.

Great, if you can get me a number for him, that would be awesome. Is he located around these parts?

Users who are viewing this thread