Who's going to be first to start pulling off mass dampers?

cluscher

Established Member
If I get one, it definitely won't be me. Certainly interested to see the outcome though.

AZBOSS

Established Member
Amateurs don't run without the mass dampers. I've seen the way you drive--you've got a heavy foot. You'll shake yourself to pieces!

maxresdefault.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'm itching to take a close, underhood look at a production GT350 model to see exactly what Ford added to the engine assembly in terms of a tuned mass damper(s) or otherwise. The reporting with respect to this has been a bit weak to date. Those that choose to add headers, off road pipes, etc, are likely to remove the dampers that were attached to the exhaust system, just after of the cats. I'd like to see companies like Borla (for example) work with Ford to develop parts that don't just shitcan the NVH engineering that went into the stock pieces, but rather to apply the same principles to aftermarket hardware as well.

I'm fairly certain that someone will remove the mass dampers from the rear of the GT350's transmission and then report that they noticed no difference at all.:bored: As substantial as the potential weight loss may be, it is simply a bad idea.

1102151621a_HDR_resized.jpg

1107151533c_resized_1.jpg

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I'm itching to take a close, underhood look at a production GT350 model to see exactly what Ford added to the engine assembly in terms of a tuned mass damper(s) or otherwise. The reporting with respect to this has been a bit weak to date. Those that choose to add headers, off road pipes, etc, are likely to remove the dampers that were attached to the exhaust system, just after of the cats. I'd like to see companies like Borla (for example) work with Ford to develop parts that don't just shitcan the NVH engineering that went into the stock pieces, but rather to apply the same principles to aftermarket hardware as well.
*snip*

Agreed. Seeing how they have dampering on the exhaust near the cats, if Kooks or ARH or whomever would build a good set of LTs that don't just shit can this feature for the sake of a few bucks less cost would be a plus in my book. I would love to get a set of proper LTs on my car and while it won't be a DD it will be street driven a bit and would like to maintain a little bit of ride quality of where it comes from the factory

Users who are viewing this thread