Who's going to the autobauhn

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
NJ2000R said:
not sure if mark is back yet, but I was informed that the track will be open from 5pm-10pm, and I plan on dropping my trailer and heading to the hotel and resting up after the 800+ mile trip, passing thru chicago should be a thrill as always :fm:

What he said!!! I hope to be there before dark!!!

03'Darin

Established Member
Damn!! I would love to be doing this event with you guys. Time just won't permit it right now.

I did the Summit Point event last weekend and had a blast!! Three of us coupled the FATT on Friday together with the SVTOA event Saturday and Sunday. With very questionable weather predictions throughout the it looked like we could have been in for a lot of wet stuff. But other than some cold weather through most of the day Friday and a brief shower Saturday and Sunday the weather was excellant. I hope you guys have the same luck this weekend.

On a side note my first track time with the T2R diff and StopTech brakes couldn't have had better results. The brakes were flawless and the T2R never missed a beat. Both tracks we ran had off camber turns that would have given the stock diff all kinds of fits keeping the inside tire from spinning. You can't even tell the T2R is there except for the power always being at the tire with the most traction. I ran one wet session on track tires and the rear worked just the same. Money well spent on both the brakes and diff! Now I need to start looking into some safety equipment.

Have a great time everyone that's going! I'll catch you at another event this summer.

Darin

Cobra-R

Established Member
We wish you were coming out to play with us as well, Darin. I am looking forward to meeting you. :rockon:

Next years R meet might be a little closer to home for you, so if the event works out and is agreeable with everyone on the location, You will be there!!!!!! :poke:

It's great to hear the mods worked for you. I am curious to see the brake kit that Terry is bringing (I assume it's the same as you have?). If it works, there will be a Brembo caliper setup for sale.

Talk to ya monday, I am leavin for the track. :banana: :banana:

Brian

03'Darin said:
Damn!! I would love to be doing this event with you guys. Time just won't permit it right now.

I did the Summit Point event last weekend and had a blast!! Three of us coupled the FATT on Friday together with the SVTOA event Saturday and Sunday. With very questionable weather predictions throughout the it looked like we could have been in for a lot of wet stuff. But other than some cold weather through most of the day Friday and a brief shower Saturday and Sunday the weather was excellant. I hope you guys have the same luck this weekend.

On a side note my first track time with the T2R diff and StopTech brakes couldn't have had better results. The brakes were flawless and the T2R never missed a beat. Both tracks we ran had off camber turns that would have given the stock diff all kinds of fits keeping the inside tire from spinning. You can't even tell the T2R is there except for the power always being at the tire with the most traction. I ran one wet session on track tires and the rear worked just the same. Money well spent on both the brakes and diff! Now I need to start looking into some safety equipment.

Have a great time everyone that's going! I'll catch you at another event this summer.

Darin

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Cobra-R said:
Next years R meet might be a little closer to home for you, so if the event works out and is agreeable with everyone on the location, You will be there!!!!!! :poke:
hmmmm, cool! :pepper: where? :shrug:

94Cobra5.0

Established Member
Hey, thanks you guys for pointing me in the right direction to give my girl a ride (did I just say that?) There is a cold Lowenbrau or Sam Adams for you guys...or some Crown or Chivas if you prefer. Anyway, hope to see you fellas on Sat/Sun!

03'Darin

Established Member
SVT_KY said:
I wish they made one for the 9.75 Ford rearends ... :(

That would just be the iceing on the cake for you Cliff. Thank goodness they don't, you may give my Cobra a run for the money. :dw:

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
I will see you guys there sometime tomorrow afternoon thinking after 1 or 2 pm
I will be in the new Cobra :-D (but not racing this time :whine: )

03'Darin

Established Member
CobraSusie said:
I will be in the new Cobra :-D (but not racing this time :whine: )

:shrug: :nono: :p :burnout:

Not racing it!! You do know how hard it is to just watch, right? Your still going to have more fun than I am, because you'll be there!! :thumbsup:

Have a great time and take some pictures for us less fortunate people that have to work this weekend.

Darin

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
My camera is all messed up, but I will be there with my buddys and they will snap tons of pics, and I want to try and get my cars pic taken with some R's if possible :beer:

So consider your wish granted ! :D

Talleywacker

Established Member
Here's a link to my web site that has videos from Auto-Bahn 2005 and 2006.

Thanks for the link, looking through your site I found my car in the background behind ya'll on the left. Thats my car and my uncles friend Paul who still owns the blue Lightning.

First and only thing I've ever found for the 9k miles of tracking he has done. I'll continue to search I'm bound to come across something else

Attachments

• GingySCMCgang.jpg
    GingySCMCgang.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 70

Users who are viewing this thread