Who's going to the autobauhn

Cobra-R

Established Member
Mr. Mysti said:
yes you did. Maybe you will get a chance to again this Sept. If not the weekend, maybe one 20-minute run.

Vince

Oh yeah, congradulations on the Road America NASA event. :rockon:

I would be happy to ride with you a session next weekend and help out any way I can. I won't be instructing at the autobauhn for this event because of the race, but I would still be happy to help out.

Your coming to the SCMC event in Sept at Gingerman? If so, we'll talk at Autobauhn about it more.

Thanks for the congrats, we had alot of fun that weekend at RA.

Brian

PS: Tom, we're going to miss you guys as well, we'll have a moment of silence for our missing comrades. :)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Cobra-R said:
PS: Tom, we're going to miss you guys as well, we'll have a moment of silence for our missing comrades. :)

The moment of silence will be a collective gulp of barley pop after we all toast our missing track Pals!! :beer:

JoeJ

Established Member
Well, #466 will be there for sure. I can hardly wait to hook up with Andy next Wednesday and head that way..oh yes..

93SVTCobra

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
The moment of silence will be a collective gulp of barley pop after we all toast our missing track Pals!! :beer:

BRUCE! You weren't supposed to tell him that part. That is why he will be represented in "Spirit"

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
ShelbyGuy said:
everyone else is just going to have to deal with the fact that We're Takin the Place Over :pepper: :pepper:

Yeah, what he said!!!

John, was your Milwaukee Mile time an AX with MC on May 14th? How were the transitions? Congrats on the 1st place!! :thumbsup:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
You Betcha! I love Midwestern Council events for the diversity of people and cars, and for the spirit of the whole thing. Yeah it totally sucks as far as track time per hour per dollar invested, but hey whatchagonnadooo

The transitions are easy compared to Michigan Int'l, which is the only other roval i've run. MIS will rip the spoiler right off an 00R.

As far as road courses go, its a pretty fast track (faster than I am, anyway, until I really learn the course) with three very slow turns. I obviously didnt master it with a total of 10 laps for the day, but my best time is in my sig. I trophied in my class, but nobody else in Y/Modified showed up. But hey - points are points, right?!

See ya Friday mornin! :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

ac427cobra said:
Yeah, what he said!!!

John, was your Milwaukee Mile time an AX with MC on May 14th? How were the transitions? Congrats on the 1st place!! :thumbsup:

JorgeG

Established Member
Brian,

I am one of the 4 Cobra R's (2000) from Texas. I think you have me down twice one with the R and another below w/o a car. I will be participating in the hpde not racing :( I need to get more track time and then finish upgrading the car. so as to be able to try and keep up with you track dawgs :bowdown: But I am psyched for the event :pepper: See you guys soon........

svtguy

Established Member
Cobra-R said:
Others I am missing?????, svtguy???, Mach & Roll???, Scoriox???, venom279???, r82of250???, Cobrasusie???

Who am I missing, I know there are more.

Brian

Brian, I'll be there with the R. Also my buddy Kevin with his 86 mustang GT will be there.

Paul

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll be there with #113 but will not race. I may buy some O/T track time if it is offered FS as they did last year at Nashville.

I will helping out a few racers. I'll be cruising the paddock for ideas. I'll be hanging out on the fence timing the race cars and making notes on the line.

Maybe I should leave today? :D

P/S Someone help me convince Dean to come......(he has a real R race car)...

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Doc,

Why aren't you signed up for open track? We have a few spots still open so if your interested in open tracking let me know.

Post Dean's phone number and we can all call him and convince him to come!

r82of250

Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
P/S Someone help me convince Dean to come......(he has a real R race car)...
Thanks A LOT Doc. Yeah, that's a good idea, post my phone number so I can talk to a bunch of car crazies about driving my R 1500 miles (one way). Not that I wouldn't like talking w/you guys, but........

You-all go ahead and have fun, and stay safe! I'll be thinkin' of you guys all weekend while I mope around the house, drinkin' beer all by myself! :shrug:

Dean

93SVTCobra

Established Member
New Information

I'm not sure if everyone here received this email but I thought I would post it as I went through this seminar earlier this year and it was GREAT information! If your interested in signing up for this FREE seminar please call the main SVTOA number at (866) 377-8862 to register.

Dear SVTOA member,

Some days, your personal performance on the track can only be described as spectacular... a moment of brilliance where you can do nothing wrong behind the wheel. You can tell what the car's going to do even before it happens. You're in sync with the rhythm and balance of your car as you maneuver around the course. Time seems to slow down. Your focus is sharp and your mind easily processes the actions of driving 'in the moment'. The act of driving itself is effortless even though your energy level is high... Unfortunately, these moments of brilliance are often all too elusive. Why can't it always be this way? Why is it that some days your mind wanders to all kinds of irrelevant thoughts and you can't keep your focus on the task of driving ? You're one step behind the action that's happening on the track. You always seem to be playing catch-up and you end up just hanging on rather than being "up on the wheel". You make mistakes that build on each other and your performance nosedives. The harder you try not to mess up, the more it seems to happen. In spite of what you might tell yourself, you know that the problem isn't the car, it's you...

Hello, my name is Dr. Jacques Dallaire and I'm the President and Founder of Human Performance International. At HPI, over the past 23 years we've worked with more than 600 high performance racers including many world and series champions from 32 countries and nearly every form of racing on the planet.

Fellow SVTOA members had this to say after participating in the seminar at a recent On Track event...

"I see how I can not only relate this seminar to driving, but also how I do things in my personal life."
"This seminar has changed how I look at things."
"It was incredibly interesting, I'm going to apply this to my driving this weekend."
" My wife and children should attend, it will help everyone in my family, in all aspects of our lives."
Together with the SVTOA and the FORD Racing Performance Center, we invite you to register to participate in the Mental Skills and Driving Performance seminar being organized for Saturday morning, May 21st from 10:00 a.m.- noon, in conjunction with the upcoming On Track at the Autobahn national SVTOA on-track event. Visit our website at www.mindshaper.com to find out more about HPI and our performance programs and products, and plan to attend this pilot SVTOA/FORD Racing Performance Center event. Make an investment in yourself. Find out how you can learn to deliver driving performances worthy of a champion racer.

Since this is a pilot program it will really help us out if you pre-register. This seminar will work with you to develop your mental stamina so that when you are in the car you are better qualified to make quick and sound decisions as well as develop your mental focus. Remember, there is no charge to attend - it's complimentary!

SVTOA... the ride of your life!

Users who are viewing this thread