whos got an aftermarket clutch?

alex12gt

Established Member
Looking into clutches im leaning toward the exeedy 500 or 600 but kind of
Looked into the spec clutches as well anyone running these? Open to other ideas
As well except twin disk....not paying 1000+ for a clutch and i dont mind if there is
actual pedal effort

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
I had the spec 2+ on ky mach, yea I know its going go be different because that was a cable clutch, but I loves how short it was as well as how tuff it was. Had at least 3 or 4 trips to the track with it and was doing 5500 rpm clutch dumps with slicks and it performed like a champ. Then lasted another 30 or 40k miles after that and was still working perfectly when I sold the car. I would gladly put a spec on my 2013 when I need one

sent on the mobile using an app thingy

stang910

Established Member
I have a RXT, but if I was wanting a single disc I'd go with a Boss clutch. They seem to hold up pretty decent even at 600+ rwhp.

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
I have a McLeod RST! Great clutch grab is ridiculous but a little noisy. The pedal is super soft which I didn't like at first but got used to it and now I love it. It's got super smooth engagement and works great. If u wouldn't mind a little clutch chatter here and there I would recommend the RST.

alex12gt

Established Member
i always read hit or miss stuff with the spec clutches and im planning on around 700 on this clutch once i get the new aluminator in

deepsouthtech

Established Member
I had a Spec stage 2 in my 96 cobra. Pulled it out (with longtubes mind you) several times to send it back b/c it chattered so bad you could hardly drive the car. Finally went different route.

alex12gt

Established Member
not against mcleod but all they sell is the twin disk and im against spending 1k+ for a clutch increased pedal effort comes with hp so doesnt bother me

cajuncreeper

Established Member
I have the spec stage 3 with billet flywheel on my 12 gt. Pedal is great and drivability on the street is good. Slight chatter every now and then but I do like my set up and would use it again. Currently have a little over 7000 miles on it being abused by a vortech T trim.

5.0GT

Established Member
I heard there is car in team Evolution was holding crazy power with the Boss clutch, around 700. And it doesn't cost much as far I have heard 400ish

Users who are viewing this thread