Why all the out cry over Street Racing?

Kiohtee

Established Member
I have said for years that anyone who adds that kind of power on a stock suspension is just ****ing stupid. adding power is a bullshit waste of money if you can't put it to the ground and actually use it. so IF you "went to a track with some power, and a stock suspension" your ignorance in this thread is proven complete. There is nothing dumber. But then in general, mustang owners are pretty dumb because they do this kind of shit all the damn time.

I guess you conveniently skipped the part of my car being built for the track? It was bulletproof. The only thing that was going to give would have been my motor. Even then, I still preferred the street for my shenanigans. It was more convenient, allowed for more opportunities and many more opponents.

In this day and age you could take an automatic On3 twin turbo 5.0 with nothing more than a wide wheel and sticky tire out back and easily run a 10.5 on low boost, otherwise stock. Without breaking (for awhile anyway). That would make for a very fast street car as well.

Kiohtee

Established Member
The original point still stands though:

Why do you have a 390/412/505/etc. horsepower car if you NEVER open it up? And if you do open it up, no matter how briefly, why can you claim to be holier than thou compared to someone who does the same thing, albeit with another willing participant alongside in another car?

Your theory on how street racing happens is completely out of the ballpark. That's how the guys who end up dead or killing others race, not the guys in here preaching "time and place."

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I guess you conveniently skipped the part of my car being built for the track? It was bulletproof. .
YOU are the one that posted this:
Just so you're aware, a "basic mod" '95 (GT/Cobra since they're essentially the same) is much easier to plant power with opposed to a 600rwhp 5.0. Lmao

Try going to the track with some power next time, on a stock suspension, and see how close you come to losing your shit.
which is what I was responding to. I didn't miss anything.

And I am done with this conversation. I am not going to convince you and the rest of the street racers and those that condone it that it is an epicly stupid thing to do, and you are not going to convince me that it's not.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
This thread stopped a high speed run tioday. Going 85 in the high speed lane and a yuppie in a benz blew by me at about 110 in the slow lane. I almost took the bait. I won't let it happen again though.

Users who are viewing this thread