Why are s550 GT500s so slow?

LS WUT

Established Member
From what I’ve seen, the increase in power is not relative to increase in trap speed.

Some of this is the platform I’m sure.

But there’s a 1600whp TT Cobra running like a tenth and 5mph faster than unknown power Gen5 3.0 but I’d guess maybe 1000-1100whp. For sure the blower car is 5psi less.

But for sure, the S550 GT500 isn’t a prime drag or even roll car due to weight.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Agreed. As stated above it seems confined by its inability to tune the transmission which limits it, it also was built to compete with the ZL1, and such in things other than drag racing. The 13/14 was made primarily for the 1/4 mile type racing. Hence why it has rhe 3.31 gears for the 0-60. The S550 GT500 was built to be an all around kinda car for people. You could take it to the strip and run low 11’s stock, and even compete in some turns, and such. Different animals in itself. As stated also yes, a twin turbo coyote with a 6R80 can run high 8s or low 9s. However with the purpose of one job. Technology limits so many things these days. As time progresses it will be able to be tuned, and I’m sure it will crack those 8s. I think both GT500’s do well at what they were designed for in their respected year's

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

I’ll just leave this here then.

I’m curious what he got her down to weight wise. That things gotta be just about gutted. I like the suspension set up but I don’t think I’d want that in mine… it’s gotta be a brutal ride on the street.

Impressive but there’s a lot of sacrifice made to everyday drivability in that set up.

Tezz500

Established Member
Sssshhhh, careful bro…. 13/14 loyalists will start bleeding from the anus, when you mention how the 2020+ is a superior performing car…. Tezzy and the rest of the ladies might strain their little digits typing up insults and hurling them at you. :LOL:

This really is a first.

I’ve never seen someone white knight so ****ing hard for a vehicle they’ve never owned or even driven…

Did you want to come by sometime and rub your little nub again my S550s trunk lid? Through the pants though. I don’t want you to smudge the paint with jizz.

Tezz500

Established Member
I’m loyal to being an enthusiast. Not much of which car is which. I actually own the cars I talk about, I’m not a has been, or talk about the cars I previously owned. I still own all of my cars.

This man gets it.

tenor.gif

Tezz500

Established Member
will-ferrell-elf.gif

Rotating mass? - I mean what kind of brakes do I need to put on my car to go 144mph in the 1/4 lol. Yeah I dont think so.

I think it’s mostly that suspension. Those 60s are insanely good. Trap speed for 800+wheel being 144 is reasonable. 4.11s in a ford 9in… he’s gotta be spinning 7500ish in 4th would be my guess….

I don’t see anything unreasonable there.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
I think it’s mostly that suspension. Those 60s are insanely good. Trap speed for 800+wheel being 144 is reasonable. 4.11s in a ford 9in… he’s gotta be spinning 7500ish in 4th would be my guess….

I don’t see anything unreasonable there.
Suspension doesnt give you 144mph. Neither does a 2.3L blower give you 800+ wheel.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
He said he’s on E85. I could absolutely see 800+ with decent fuel and a ported 2.3TVS.
If the blower is ported then refer to elf gif in my previous post. Some nice heads and some big compression prob help buddy out too. Or maybe it’s his light weight brake setup getting him 144 lol.

Tezz500

Established Member
If the blower is ported then refer to elf gif in my previous post. Some nice heads and some big compression prob help buddy out too. Or maybe it’s his light weight brake setup getting him 144 lol.

Correction: he did say unported blower.

thats a freak. I have to agree its questionable.

Last edited:

LS WUT

Established Member
[My car is] one of the last 2014 GT500s built,” said Jon Lund of Lund Racing. “It’s silver with blue stripes and I got it in May of 2013. It’s a great car. It’s had a Trinity 2.3 L blower almost all its life. Basically, it’s had the same setup for the last two or three years. This includes long-tube headers and cat-back, L&M Engines cams, ID1300 injectors, a fuel pump booster, and a ported stock blower,” he explained.

“We’ve used the Mustang as a test bed for different throttle bodies and ended up doing an X.B.A. elbow from Power By The Hour to adapt a Kenne Bell 168 mm throttle body. It made 881 rwhp and 840 lb·ft of torque and ran 10.22 at 140 mph. This was at full weight on drag radials and with stock front tires,” he added.

Dusten

Established Member
Agreed. As stated above it seems confined by its inability to tune the transmission which limits it, it also was built to compete with the ZL1, and such in things other than drag racing. The 13/14 was made primarily for the 1/4 mile type racing. Hence why it has rhe 3.31 gears for the 0-60. The S550 GT500 was built to be an all around kinda car for people. You could take it to the strip and run low 11’s stock, and even compete in some turns, and such. Different animals in itself. As stated also yes, a twin turbo coyote with a 6R80 can run high 8s or low 9s. However with the purpose of one job. Technology limits so many things these days. As time progresses it will be able to be tuned, and I’m sure it will crack those 8s. I think both GT500’s do well at what they were designed for in their respected year's

It has 3.31's so it could do 200....

The s550 gt500 does 10s stock. All day.

Dusten

Established Member
Ah that’s why. When I saw a couple in Baytown run 11.1-11.3 it was nighttime.

Again. Obviously conditions and drivers differ. But the car has gone 10.70s stock with different drivers in different weather.

I've seen hellcats run 13s. Are they a thirty second car? No.

Users who are viewing this thread