Why do people like Skylines so much?

Black3KGT

SECURITY
Established Member
Just wondering why people like the Nissan Skyline, (not the new concept, the former generation). I think they look like lowered civics with a bodykit. I dont get it. I have heard of them costing 80K even though their performance is sub-par in comparison to other cars in their price range... or even lower... much lower price range. Their just too damn ugly to be so well liked.... any rebuttals? :poke:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Black3KGT said:
Just wondering why people like the Nissan Skyline, (not the new concept, the former generation). I think they look like lowered civics with a bodykit. I dont get it. I have heard of them costing 80K even though their performance is sub-par in comparison to other cars in their price range... or even lower... much lower price range. Their just too damn ugly to be so well liked.... any rebuttals? :poke:

You should of posted this in smackdown.....things could get interesting...

I think they are ugly as sh!t :xpl: and overpriced......Would rather take a new Z06 :rockon: and to believe some people will take a Skyline over a Saleen S7 TT/GT/Enzo/CGT/to name a few :eek: Wtf :shrug:

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
BeyondLimitz said:
You should of posted this in smackdown.....things could get interesting...

I think they are ugly as sh!t :xpl: and overpriced......Would rather take a new Z06 :rockon: and to believe some people will take a Skyline over a Saleen S7 TT/GT/Enzo/CGT/to name a few :eek: Wtf :shrug:
^^^ what limitz said! :rockon:

Black3KGT

SECURITY
Established Member
1Day-ACobra said:
Huge potential all the way up to 1000hp and up. Looks. That'd be my guess.

The R34 is one of my favorite cars ever, and probably always will be. They're just bad ass.

Whats badass about them, please explain, Im just curious. If its one of your favorite cars; do you think that Vettes, Ferraris, Aston Martins, etc are not badass, because they are almost completely different as far as power/looks/prestige go. When I pay 80k for a car I dont want potential performance... I want performance right damn now. Potential means throwing more money into an already slow yet "badass" car to get better performance?!?!?! No flames here, just curious as to where the logic is coming from... cuz it definitely aint Vulcan haha.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Have you ever seen one in person? A guy who is always at the track with his R33 GT-R is a really nice guy and I have sat in it and ridden in it but it is GORGEOUS! Now I'm not saying Id take one over top of say a Ford GT or Enzo or any other real super car but still, they are freaking amazing cars.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Black3KGT said:

You would be suprised of how much HP you can get out of those Nissan Engines. My brother was building a 240sx with a sr-20 Blacktop.....Those cars will surprise you at a stoplight!

shocker 420

Established Member
I like Skylines, but I don't like it when you hear these 14,15,16 year old kids talking to their friends or forums and saying how "OMG the Skyline is sooo fast!! It's not even legal in the country, because their so super fast!!!!" well, I know that their not imported to our country but I don't think it's because they are so fast, it's more for safety reasons right?

UCBeau

i've seen a few...beneath all that bodykit crap is a boring looking car. i just dont get the hype. too many fanboys just nut all over those stupid things.

GreyAsp

Established Member
1Day-ACobra said:
Huge potential all the way up to 1000hp and up.
+1.

Some people would buy a large-and-steaming pile of yak manure with wheels and an engine, as long as it was a fast large-and-steaming pile of yak manure with wheels and an engine.

Riddla

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
i've seen a few...beneath all that bodykit crap is a boring looking car. i just dont get the hype. too many fanboys just nut all over those stupid things.

I would rather take a Supra over it...if it was the only choice.....and yeah too much fanboys :nonono:

UCBeau

BeyondLimitz said:
I would rather take a Supra over it...if it was the only choice.....and yeah too much fanboys :nonono:
yea, if it was the only choice. suffice it to say both are way down near the bottom of my list.

Black3KGT

SECURITY
Established Member
GreyAsp said:
+1.

Some people would buy a large-and-steaming pile of yak manure with wheels and an engine, as long as it was a fast large-and-steaming pile of yak manure with wheels and an engine.

But its not fast...... it has to be made fast. Thanks for the rebuttals. I havent seen one in person, but I havent seen an Enzo/Ford GT/Pagani Zonda/Mclaren yet I know they are hot shit. I have seen ZO6s in person and those C6s get me hard. I can understand the attraction to Supras... arent they faster than skylines stock?

Riddla

Established Member
Black3KGT said:
Supras... arent they faster than skylines stock?

I believe smilar performance :shrug:

And those Fast & Furious movies....just give them a bad name....and fan boys something to jerk to :nonono:

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
i dont go crazy over them but i like'em i believe the drivetrain, much like the supra's is very sturdy handling high power with stock parts. a lot of potential.

and what is considered fast?

Black3KGT

SECURITY
Established Member
TurdFerguson said:
i dont go crazy over them but i like'em i believe the drivetrain, much like the supra's is very sturdy handling high power with stock parts. a lot of potential.

and what is considered fast?

For $80k... low 12s at least. I am sure you dont need me to tell you what ZO6s are doing for 65K!

GreyAsp

Established Member
Black3KGT said:
But its not fast...... it has to be made fast.
V8 or TT V6 should make it pretty decent for stock? Dunno what the numbers are.

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
one of the reasons they cost so much is the fee's that the companies take to make them legal. i think its crash test and emissions that it doesnt meet the standards of the US.

some R34 info i found real quick

ENGINE TYPE: TWIN TURBO, INLINE 6 (RB26DETT)
ENGINE LAYOUT: FRONT ENGINE 4WD
LENGTH: 181"
WIDTH: 70"
WHEELBASE: 104.7"
WEIGHT: 3432 LB.
TURN RADIUS: 18.5'
FUEL CAPACITY: 18 GALLONS
TRANSMISSION: 6 SPEED MAN.
HORSEPOWER: 308/6670 RPM
TORQUE: 293/4400 RPM
0-60 MPH: 5.2 SEC.
0-100 MPH: 13 SEC.