Why does this certificate have the selling dealership name on it?

HPLouis

Established Member
Hey,
I picked up this Terminator and was going through the paperwork and saw that the cert has the selling dealership on it. I’ve never seen this before.

Does anyone know the story about this?

IMG_2999.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine doesn’t have the dealership on it.
Did that certificate come with the car when that dealer sold it?

HPLouis

Established Member
Mine doesn’t have the dealership on it.
Did that certificate come with the car when that dealer sold it?

I’m not sure. I’m not the original owner. The certificate was in a mailer from SVT to the original owner.

My other Terminators didn’t have the dealer on it either. Everything was the same, except for the last line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
That has to be an early early run of those certificates. I got mine through Ford years ago which I don’t believe you can even get anymore

Dusten

Established Member
That has to be an early early run of those certificates. I got mine through Ford years ago which I don’t believe you can even get anymore

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Ahh awesome. I have a buddy who just bought an 04 and wanted one. Thanks dude

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not likely. That's an '04. I've never seen nor heard of a Certificate having the dealership name on it. I'm wondering if maybe that dealership needed/requested a Certificate before it was sold to a customer. Strange. ??

HPLouis

Established Member
This is one envelope

IMG_3038.JPG

The certificate came from Dearborn. The car was bought from Planet Ford in Ohio. It’s addressed to the original owner and went to his home about 2 years after he purchased the car. Notice that the documentation also says Ford Racing while my old cars had SVT documentation.

HPLouis

Established Member
Here is a second SVT envelope that came with the car:

IMG_3039.JPG

This one also came from Dearborn but the letters look like copies since the Ford Racing is cut off a little on one of the letters. Also, the border of the certificate is a little off color, more rainbow in some places than blue.

I’m just going to guess that maybe the original owner lost his certificate and was able to order a duplicate through is dealership? Maybe they would explain why he has 2 copies, they say ‘Ford Racing’ instead of SVT and they have the dealership name on them? I don’t know. I do know that for the other 3 Terminators I’ve had, their certificates looked like this:
IMG_2192.JPG

cj428mach

Established Member
The later certificates don't have Coletti's name on them which sucks. When I got my first Terminator almost 10 years ago I bought a new certificate for it and was disappointed when Coletti's name wasn't on it. I realize he's not a part of the team anymore but hoped the certificate would be like the original.

HPLouis

Established Member
The later certificates don't have Coletti's name on them which sucks. When I got my first Terminator almost 10 years ago I bought a new certificate for it and was disappointed when Coletti's name wasn't on it. I realize he's not a part of the team anymore but hoped the certificate would be like the original.

You’re right. For my old convertible, I didn’t have the original certificate so I ordered one for Ford Show Parts and they sent me this one:
IMG_1125.JPG

They can’t send the ones with his name anymore.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
I had to purchase one when I bought the car in 2006. Mine has the dealer name and was purchased from Show Parts.
20220425_193424.jpg

I do have the original window sticker that confirms delivery to said dealer.
20220425_193546.jpg

Maybe its something they did for only a short while?

HPLouis

Established Member
I had to purchase one when I bought the car in 2006. Mine has the dealer name and was purchased from Show Parts.View attachment 1746688
I do have the original window sticker that confirms delivery to said dealer.
View attachment 1746689
Maybe its something they did for only a short while?
Maybe that's what happened to mine. Mine was ordered in 2006 so I'm thinking that the original owner (he had the car from 2004 through 2009) might have ordered a certificate the same way you did and got one that had the dealership's name on it. My window sticker also says Planet Ford on it.

HVACdude

Established Member
I’ve wondered this as well. I’ve seen multiple 04s specifically that have the selling dealer on the certificate and they were the original not the new ones that ford show parts sells that are missing coletti and scarpellos signature. The others I’ve seen were also mid to late builds. Would love to know if there is a rhyme or reason to that addition in the certificate as I think it’s cool and appears to be rare now.

HPLouis

Established Member
I’ve wondered this as well. I’ve seen multiple 04s specifically that have the selling dealer on the certificate and they were the original not the new ones that ford show parts sells that are missing coletti and scarpellos signature. The others I’ve seen were also mid to late builds. Would love to know if there is a rhyme or reason to that addition in the certificate as I think it’s cool and appears to be rare now.
I'm calling around to find out was also told it's original. It's weird

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
This is one envelope

View attachment 1746575

The certificate came from Dearborn. The car was bought from Planet Ford in Ohio. It’s addressed to the original owner and went to his home about 2 years after he purchased the car. Notice that the documentation also says Ford Racing while my old cars had SVT documentation.

Small world I worked at that dealership. It’s gone closed in 2010 I believe. I worked there from 05-08. The used car GM at the time was big on these cars and had a modified 03 vert he had put back to mostly stock for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread