Why doesnt this 10th anniversary Convertable have red & black Interior?

Shanezam203

Established Member
Hey all, I was taking a look at Cobras for sale on Autotrader and found this 10th anniversary Cobra like mine but convertable for sale by my house. (I've seen it in person, but didnt go up close and look at the interior...)

It has the 10th anniversary rims, but why doesnt it have the two toned red & black interior? Do convertables not have the two toned interior?

Autotrader Cobra Link

1745843923.184939981.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

1745843926.184939981.IM1.04.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Just curious, figured I'd ask.
:coolman: Shane

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Either one of two things happened. Since the door panels are correct, either the factor messed up, which is a bit doubtful, or he replaced the front seats for some reason. Being that this is a limited edition model I wouldn't buy it unless I was compensated for the cost of new 10th Anniversary seats. JMO.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
those are new 04 seats. I think they look better but I do agree with Bob that is 10th so it should have all the 10th features.

Shanezam203

Established Member
Narcosynthesis said:
or he just added the inserts. Does it have the carbon fiber steering wheel, and shift boot/ebrake boot?
Not sure about that one.

Here's my front, ebrake, shifter and seats... Not sure about the one above.
IM000833-vi.jpg

:nonono: Shane

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
the rear seats should have red inserts as well. That interior shot doesnt look like my 10th. Might be a fake. did he replace the emblems in the rear too?
should say svt with 10th anniversary in little red letters.

should have red calipers and most of all a vin numbers that indicates its a 10th.
(probably would have to call ford svt with the vin and have them look up the build numbers, that would mostly likely give you a definitive answer).

Diddy

Banned
Looks like he just replaced the seats. You can see the extra padding in the steering wheel that only the 10th anniversarys and mystics have.

Shanezam203

Established Member
Im not looking to buy it, I have the same car, just a coupe. I was just curious because I see the car on the lot every other day and now I saw it on autotrader and didnt recognize the seats.
Maybe it is a 10th, just with different seats.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Bad03Cobra said:
That is a 10th.....It has all the carbon look interior. Sombody just put 04 seats in it...

I'm with you here.

Either that or it was a mistake...but I doubt it. Probably just swapped 'em out.

It has the right steering wheel, can't really tell about the knob/boot.

Shanezam203

Established Member
yeah that was my guess the whole time. I figured it was a 10th, just curious to know why anyone would remove the two toned seats. I love them on my car. They are one of my favorite things about it.

PoisonSnake

Banned
The guy probably wanted the suede black seats and just did a swap.... I don't think the stock 10th Ann. seats were suede but all leather.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Weird, though, that he sold or traded it with the wrong seats. He may have pulled an unrecognized fast one. Because having the wrong seats surely affects the value of the car. Unless the potential buyer doesn't know about the 10th Anniversary detailing. :shrug:

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
you can buy all the 10th anniversary parts from downs ford including the steering wheel, shifter, door panels, emblems, etc.

only thing not available was the rear seat, they did sell the front seat covers for a time.

the red grows on you (i took off my door panels as they were ugly) but the full leather seats are nice.

there is so little different between a 10th and regular cobra its easy to make a fake one. have to run the vin to know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread