Why Ford Service SUCKS!

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
Answer:

I bought my car on thursday, they couldn't get it started. I mentioned to them that it might be a bad gas problem that I heard about on this forum. They weren't able to pull the car in until Friday.At least from what they told me my plugs were "fouled" and they would have to order new ones (I live in Alaska everything takes longer)

My car came in w/ the silver one I originally ordered, and it wouldn't start also. One of the mechanics put $$ down to by it, so my car sits in the same place while they look at the car he wants, even though he hasn't yet bought it, and mine is paid for. Every day I went down there and my car still sat in the same spot where the tow truck placed it. I didn't see the Silver one, so I asked where it was..... nobody new. When I went in today to inquire about my car the guy that was buying the other one wasn't there, I asked if I could get ahold of him, they said he was out driving his NEW COBRA!!! I asked how can he be driving his new cobra if it has the same problem and had to have the plugs special ordered like me.....its been almost a week, why is his driving and mine is sitting in the same spot, like a $36,000 decoration!!!

the only answer they had to give me once I put them on the spot was he got his running somehow, while mine has never been looked at.... what it came down to is, he fixed his car before he bought it, while mine sat, paided for, and I have to wait even longer.............

I hope you guys can understand my ranting, I am a little irritated right now!!! They took 15 minutes to even find my keys today so I could sit in it for the first TIME! BS!!!!

03DOHC

Established Member
I would start by calling SVT and asking them for the name of your SVT and Ford Rep for your area. Start by writing a letter and tell them your story. Having worked at a Ford dealer in my past I can tell you someone will catch hell for that. Just make sure your story is as you say it is, document everything, and if those people don't help you, go over their heads to their bosses.

That's not how you treat a customer, IMHO. Your dealer seems to have some issues that need to be fixed.

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
I don't want anyone to get fired or anything, I just want my car, and for them to be honest with me. I have waited for 4 months and they are acting like I am being a pest, another thing... I went there last night to drop off my friends L, broke down and had it towed... the service dept was closed(9:30pm). When I walked up to my car, it was unlocked!!!!! Anybody could have gotten into my car, as easy as I did.... I is in a very unsecure area.. I was not happy, when I mentioned it to the sales manager he says he didn't know who unlocked my car.. I said "you don't know who has access to my keys?" he just looked at me......like I am some sort of problem...he then said he would find out, still doesn't explain why it took 15 minutes and 4 people to find my keys this morning!!!!

Everyone and his brother is probibly like"check out this Phat new blue cobra, want to sit in it, I know where the keys are" FU#K!!!

Last edited:

a94cobra

Established Member
They were probably like "Lets take it for a spin!" But it wouldn't start.
I agree that writing them a letter will get some gears moving. As stated before call SVT and find out who the dealer SVT personel are and send it to them. Make it a nice letter and no one will get fired.

46stang

Established Member
I'm sorry but it shouldn't take a week to get sparkplugs!!! even in alaska. ask to speak to the owner of the dealership or at least the general manager! good luck.
Leon

Users who are viewing this thread