Why is my stock clutch so hard to push in

Termilvr

Established Member
i took my cable of when i had my stock clutch and for some reason it got even harder to push, it is not the lightest clutch to begin with. i have an rxt now, 1000hp and its like driving a civic.

04cobraman89

Established Member
Thanks for the replies I am not ready for a upgraded clutch just yet i am planning this winter to put a 2.76 pulley better brakes if you have any recomondations that would be great

funtruck

I Hate Mustangs
Established Member
My stock clutch cable just snapped last week (65,xxx miles) After replacing it with a new OEM cable the clutch feels much better. It's still a heavy clutch by design, but the pedal effort improved greatly with a new cable.

Cavender76

Established Member
Clutch Issue

My Clutch is seriously hard to push the word on the street is the input shaft is dirty due to previous owner living on a dirt road. My question can I lube this thru the inspection port on t56?

hotcobra03

Established Member
mine is still hard to push even after 305k..

i have found the tob doesnt last long...

good thing tob is very easy to replace

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
This is flat out amazing!

Can you tell us, or do you have a thread of list all of the parts you have had to replace during your ownership? Just curious... Lol

mine is still hard to push even after 305k..

i have found the tob doesnt last long...

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
My 04 isn't that bad, even when it was all stock, not too hard to push in...the quadrant /adjuster didn't really make much difference. I think maybe the 04 clutch was slightly revised?

Mine is squeaking and chirping (only 51k miles), so how EASY is this replacement? Got a write-up for us?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
My 04 isn't that bad, even when it was all stock, not too hard to push in...the quadrant /adjuster didn't really make much difference. I think maybe the 04 clutch was slightly revised?

Mine is squeaking and chirping (only 51k miles), so how EASY is this replacement? Got a write-up for us?

51k I'd say your doing pretty good! I have a horrible metallic sound and I'm only at 23k!

Users who are viewing this thread