Why Is The Mach 1 Section Always Dead?

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
And the mail order tunes are just as good as dyno tunes?

I wouldn't go that far, but for adding small stuff like a catback, CAI ...or even a drivability tune ...there is no added charge for his time. He dyno's great, as well! My dad's Cobra was tuned by him.

04mach1racer

Established Member
SIR RIC **** OUS, who the hell are you to come in the mach 1 forum and talk sh*t. talk your ass back over to whateva forum you came from that might be the "full of shit forum". if you want to bring the dads cobra or your moms mach 1 or your sisters gt or maybe your civic over to this forum.you need to come correct. if they let you barrow one to drive and feel lucky against any of these mach1s in this forum. you come talk to me if not keep bullshit to another forum

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
04mach1racer said:
SIR RIC **** OUS, who the hell are you to come in the mach 1 forum and talk sh*t. talk your ass back over to whateva forum you came from that might be the "full of shit forum". if you want to bring the dads cobra or your moms mach 1 or your sisters gt or maybe your civic over to this forum.you need to come correct. if they let you barrow one to drive and feel lucky against any of these mach1s in this forum. you come talk to me if not keep bullshit to another forum
That post better be a joke.......Who T F are you?

67bigblock

Established Member
I mean there is always something to be done on a car, but for the most part Mach guys leave thier Mach's stock. Kind of a collectors car I guess. Just my opinion though.

Was thinking the same,....but for a collectors item they sure know how to go down in value huh!???!!!
LOL!!!!!
I own one,...so I'm laughing w/everyone here,....not at
LOL
LOL!!!!!!!
RIGHT?

BlueMach1

Stang Family
Established Member
grimreefer said:
Unfortunately I don't have either of the Mach1's anymore :( but as far as preference... I'd rather have the Cobra powerplant/drivetrain in a Mach1 package. :rockon:

My dad owns the mach so i don't come here often but i do when i need answers to tech questions about the mach and when we do stuff to his car i post pics...i spend a lot of time on the registry looking at pictures of machs...even though i own the cobra and spend most of my time in the pics and vids on this site...i love the way machs look and i'm jealous of my dads...even though i'm faster;-) ....but not for long for i know when he puts a procharger on he may give me a run:-D ...i'll start visiting this section more...I LOVE MACHS!!!!

Charles236

Established Member
67bigblock said:
I mean there is always something to be done on a car, but for the most part Mach guys leave thier Mach's stock. Kind of a collectors car I guess. Just my opinion though.

Was thinking the same,....but for a collectors item they sure know how to go down in value huh!???!!!
LOL!!!!!
I own one,...so I'm laughing w/everyone here,....not at
LOL
LOL!!!!!!!
RIGHT?

I didn't waste much time starting the mods on my Mach, I never thought about rarity or collectability when I bought it new. I bought it to drive and enjoy, I think most Mach owners bought theirs for the same reason. I think there are a few Mach owners, though, who thought they might get in on the ground floor of the 2020 Barrett-Jackson Auction by buying a "limited edition" Mustang. I have passed the point of no return with mods, even if I wanted to sell the car I wouldn't attempt to return it to stock. I figured that if someone was wanting to restore it 20 years from now they could hunt the parts to restore it to stock. I did, however, take pictures of the suspension, under the hood, interior, and other details that restorers argue over, just so I could remember what it was like before the mods began.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I seriously need to start jumping on modding the Mach 1 more...

Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft
Ford Racing 4.10's
Meziere Electric Water Pump
PHP Intake Spacer

That's my next little set! Anyone had any bad experiences with anything listed?

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
I seriously need to start jumping on modding the Mach 1 more...

Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft
Ford Racing 4.10's
Meziere Electric Water Pump
PHP Intake Spacer

That's my next little set! Anyone had any bad experiences with anything listed?

be careful with the EGR during the PHP install. its a real PITA to get it bolted back up, sometimes a two person job :beer:

swervo

Established Member
Those look pretty decent to me. And yes the EGR is a PITA to bolt back up. I did it by myself using a screw driver as a pry bar then placing the bolt in when it lined up.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
swervo said:
Those look pretty decent to me. And yes the EGR is a PITA to bolt back up. I did it by myself using a screw driver as a pry bar then placing the bolt in when it lined up.

ditto.

and yes, the mods are a good direction for what you have so far.

STG

Banned
04mach1racer said:

Somebody needs to force you to read what you write out loud.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
speedofsound said:
be careful with the EGR during the PHP install. its a real PITA to get it bolted back up, sometimes a two person job :beer:
I dont' think so.......maybe you lack elbow grease? :lol1:

Seriously though Rick..it all depends on teh EGR placement. Sometimes they are easy, sometimes not. I have done install and re-install a few times.

Wish you weren't so far, or I would help you out.

Nice starting list BTW.

STG

Banned
Cody6405 said:
Will i need a tune with just a cai and cat back:??:

Yes, you will. Besides leaving horsepower and torque on the table,you have no idea where your A/F ratio is.

SWANSON-DYNO-SHEET.jpg

I've got a C&L intake and SLP Loudmouth cat-back exhaust. (The chart above is not a before/after as Danny Swanson made some preliminary tweaks prior to making the first dyno run.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread