Why is this Paxton Coyote so dang fast? Fighting above its weight?

3cRider

Established Member
I'm pretty sure I've seen the owner of this car on here (if so, would love them to chime in), but is it just me or does this A6 Paxton Coyote seem to fight well above its weight? Does it have a stall and stock rear gears? If so, is it the combo of the stall keeping the "peaky" Paxton up in the boost and the stock rear gears giving it a lot of drive (mph) out of the last 1500-rpm (where the Paxton makes big boost) that makes it so fast? I hope I'm explaining myself correctly (my apologies if I'm not).

I really dig the car, and it runs HARD, I'm just curious why it appears to take down some cars that would otherwise give it a really good run or beat it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKXPlVvDr_A

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It's a properly setup Centri.. A lot of people underestimate them. I'm not sure on the full combo. But again properly setup Centri's are nasty. I was taking out car with 150+ more rwhp than me in my car.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Alot of folks think paxtons are slow till they get beat by one! Ive beaten alot of cars im not suppose to beat and i have a Tremec! Its that age old addage, you never know what somones got until you run em!

4VFTW

Established Member
it runs exactly how you expect actually given the competition , because it should be right around 700whp with that combo.

*Edit* In Part 2 of the series he shows the car making a pass and it traps 135 ...I suspected it to be closer to 140 so maybe it is only 640whp and those other cars are just punching below their weights.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
That car has hurt a ton of feelings from people that think a Paxton coyote is slow, Paxton and auto is a nice combo.

3cRider

Established Member
it runs exactly how you expect actually given the competition , because it should be right around 700whp with that combo.

*Edit* In Part 2 of the series he shows the car making a pass and it traps 135 ...I suspected it to be closer to 140 so maybe it is only 640whp and those other cars are just punching below their weights.

In one of his other videos he shows it trapping 137. You're right, it's not fighting above its weight, it's just plain fast!

dabster

Established Member
so funny to see this post, I was literally watching this last night and wondering the same thing. it trapped 135...I would think many of those cars it ran should have as well yet it shit on them. haha

corepwn

Established Member
Boosted e85 coyotes with an auto behind them roll out pretty well. The car looks to be working as intended to me.

dabster

Established Member
I don't know why you're all saying because it's an auto LOL, it left cars in the first gear they hit it from and they're roll racing, unless the guy is retarded behind the wheel it should be a very minimal difference. They're not launching.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
This is a good friend of mines car. I'll text him and tell him about the thread.

It made the 640whp on a stingy dyno, the car hurts feelings. No doubt about it. It's been 137 more than a few times.

It's a properly setup Centri.. A lot of people underestimate them. I'm not sure on the full combo. But again properly setup Centri's are nasty. I was taking out car with 150+ more rwhp than me in my car.

Yup, just like the Mach you know of and Chad (owner of the Coyote in the OP) as well. His car just works, it's as simple as that. It's one of the hardest running SLB Paxton cars I've ever seen.

That car has hurt a ton of feelings from people that think a Paxton coyote is slow, Paxton and auto is a nice combo.

Because the majority of them are LOL. Paxton + auto = boost all the time and always in the power band. Plus, with how hard the car hits with the wastegate and 3.33 setup, it's a hammer. The car from a dig just rolls TF out too.

so funny to see this post, I was literally watching this last night and wondering the same thing. it trapped 135...I would think many of those cars it ran should have as well yet it shit on them. haha

It's a properly setup car and runs its ass off. It runs like it should.

Yup. Chad's car moves out really well, especially in person. He's parting it out as well if anyone wants to buy anything off of it. He's a good guy.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I don't know why you're all saying because it's an auto LOL, it left cars in the first gear they hit it from and they're roll racing, unless the guy is retarded behind the wheel it should be a very minimal difference. They're not launching.

That car hits harder from a roll than most manual cars I've seen. Riding in it in the video of the "Paxton Coyote vs The World 2" against the On3 car, it hit ****ing hard.

chad95

Established Member
Car is mine guys. Currently tore down tho for a part out if anyone is interested in the setup. I'll sell the blower and all goodies and fuel system for 5k firm will take things on trade plus cash as well.

Car hurt a lot of feelings, an always performed was never hit or miss in any weather. When I got the car in May it was going 10.50s@127. As the weather got better and da dropped picked up 10mph and over a half a second on the street tho it never let me down.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
This is a good friend of mines car. I'll text him and tell him about the thread.

It made the 640whp on a stingy dyno, the car hurts feelings. No doubt about it. It's been 137 more than a few times.

Yup, just like the Mach you know of and Chad (owner of the Coyote in the OP) as well. His car just works, it's as simple as that. It's one of the hardest running SLB Paxton cars I've ever seen.

Because the majority of them are LOL. Paxton + auto = boost all the time and always in the power band. Plus, with how hard the car hits with the wastegate and 3.33 setup, it's a hammer. The car from a dig just rolls TF out too.

It's a properly setup car and runs its ass off. It runs like it should.

Yup. Chad's car moves out really well, especially in person. He's parting it out as well if anyone wants to buy anything off of it. He's a good guy.

Whats the full mod list? I may be interested in some parts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread