Why is your supercharger best for you?

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
I have, as I am sure you all have noticed that most of our cat fights are about the supercharger choice in which we have made to put on our Marauder's. I think that we should all be able the make our own choices on superchargers for our Marauder's without being stoned by our brethren.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS STOP!

Does it really matter to you what the next person has for a supercharger?

This is not to start any crap but to let others understand why you bought the supercharger you bought for your Marauder.

You could of bought it because of

Low end Power

Top end power

Looks

Price

Pressure from others

It was the only supercharger available at the time

Your best friend has one

There is a whole host of reasons why you bought your supercharger.

The reason I went with my Procharger kit was because I wanted to be different. I wanted a kit that was non intrusive to the motor and could be easily taken off the car. I was looking for more mid to upper range but knew that I would want a stall converter for some extra bottom end because we have a heavy car and a small displacement motor. I will be the first to say that I think the Eaton blower has more of that factory look and I like that look. It did not hurt me to say that. Price was also an issue to me since I had just spent 27K on the new Marauder. I did not use a Vortech because I did not want to tap my oil pan. Vortech has a very good product but that was my biggest hurdle, tapping my oil pan. I don't dislike anyone that has a Vortech. Overall I am very happy with how my kit runs. It drives like a normal car when cruising and gets with the program when the hammer is dropped.

We all have our reasons why we have the kit we have on our car and there is nothing wrong with that and we should all respect the decision that others have made in regard to there choice in supercharging there Marauder.

Please don't respond to this thread if you don't have something positive to say.

rich_long

O's Fan Rich
Established Member
I can tell you that I have started the serious decision process on which setup to purchase.

It seems so far that no matter which one I would purchase, the overall out put seems to be fairly similar.
I do like the clean looks the Triology setup leaves on the front of the motor. However, it removes the original intake system, which I like, because it's original.

I suppose I'll keep on considering my choices until I call to order one.

Jerry Barnes

Established Member
Response from Jerry Barnes

maraudernkc said:
I have, as I am sure you all have noticed that most of our cat fights are about the supercharger choice in which we have made to put on our Marauder's. I think that we should all be able the make our own choices on superchargers for our Marauder's without being stoned by our brethren.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS STOP!

Does it really matter to you what the next person has for a supercharger?

This is not to start any crap but to let others understand why you bought the supercharger you bought for your Marauder.

You could of bought it because of

Low end Power

Top end power

Looks

Price

Pressure from others

It was the only supercharger available at the time

Your best friend has one

There is a whole host of reasons why you bought your supercharger.

The reason I went with my Procharger kit was because I wanted to be different. I wanted a kit that was non intrusive to the motor and could be easily taken off the car. I was looking for more mid to upper range but knew that I would want a stall converter for some extra bottom end because we have a heavy car and a small displacement motor. I will be the first to say that I think the Eaton blower has more of that factory look and I like that look. It did not hurt me to say that. Price was also an issue to me since I had just spent 27K on the new Marauder. I did not use a Vortech because I did not want to tap my oil pan. Vortech has a very good product but that was my biggest hurdle, tapping my oil pan. I don't dislike anyone that has a Vortech. Overall I am very happy with how my kit runs. It drives like a normal car when cruising and gets with the program when the hammer is dropped.

We all have our reasons why we have the kit we have on our car and there is nothing wrong with that and we should all respect the decision that others have made in regard to there choice in supercharging there Marauder.

Please don't respond to this thread if you don't have something positive to say.

Maraudernkc,

I agree completely. Now let's get on with enjoying our cars and one anothers company!

Enough said!

Jerry

SergntMac

Established Member
Every time we stir this pot, I get painted as anti-Trilogy, and you could not be further from the truth. I would like to be saying this for the last time, but it won't happen that way, will it.

The Trilogy kit is a fine piece of engineering, regardless of what part or parts may come off the shelf, or, from custom design. I'd like to own one for daily use, it's a kick azz mod for those who like the Marauder in otherwise bone stock trim. It will beat anything on the street, if the stop light Gran Prix is your thing.

I'm not conflicted here, not confused. My Kenny Brown #1x has a Vortech blower, but I didn't pick it. I bought the whole car already built as the first, ever, supercharged Marauder, and it holds that gran marque (pun-hehe) today. Kenny Brown doesn't sell blower kits to anyone. He sells supercharged whole car treatments, and he's built 50 some cars now. At 25K per, that's a nice piece of business, eh? Nonetheless, I've have not had the chance to make my own selection on blower styles, or, announce my own preference, without stiring shit. Maybe this time will be different? Naw...

Fact. Bone stock, the Marauder lacks low end grunt, but breathes fire above 4000 RPM. At 4400+ pounds on 281 CID, this heavy car suffers a lack of power out of the gate. In the blower science of it all, Kenny's selection of a centrifugal blower didn't immediately, or, fully heal this shortcoming. But overall, his design produced the fastest Marauder on the street, until other designs came along. Once rolling, watch yer azz.

Remember that Kenny Brown isn't into drag racing, he prefers road racing, where RPMs are usually maintained in the upper ranges and for long stretches of road. Here, a centrifugal shines. Remember too, that prior to the Marauder, Kenny built the Crown Vic based "Lounge Lizzard" with an Eaton blower on a 2V SOHC 4.6L. There, it all fit nicely and it was fast, but the 4V DOHC of the Marauder delivered fitment problems under the hood, it's driver's side orientation didn't help.

Overall, it's quite a pleasing and scary ride, and I've maintained a 12.2x in the 1320 on street tires, no juice, no race gas tune. I'm happy, and proud of my #1x, but pride doesn't make me anti-anything.

The folks who try and make this discussion a slap fest are folks who want to argue about anything they can. Their power is in public ridicule, not under the hood. Don't argue with me anymore, if I buy a blower kit it will be a Trilogy kit, or a Kenny Bell for my bone stock #3, and I'll hunt you down and leave you at the light.

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
They are all good choices. Good luck in whatever sytem you decide to go with.

rich_long said:
I can tell you that I have started the serious decision process on which setup to purchase.

It seems so far that no matter which one I would purchase, the overall out put seems to be fairly similar.
I do like the clean looks the Triology setup leaves on the front of the motor. However, it removes the original intake system, which I like, because it's original.

I suppose I'll keep on considering my choices until I call to order one.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Ok, I'll bite

I went with the Trilogy because: ....and in no specific order

*I felt my car lacked low end grunt - torque.

*Trilogy had 64 (at the time) satisfied customers (I am the 67th).

*Engineering! Ford used the same Eaton blower on the Cobra. Ford, Trilogy and Eaton - respected, high dollar businesses spent millions to make sure this works on the 4.6 DOHC.

*Clean OEM look.

*Positive references from respected tuners; not apart of the Marauder community, but very familure with the car and Ford engineering.

*Lidios tuning. When a respected tuner tells you if he could not tune his own car, he'd only have Lidio do it... - Very high prase.

*Ease of installation. Though I did not install it alone - I had professional help as a precaution.

*No Trilogy failures. With exception to some real extream cars. I had zero intention on becoming one of them. haha - what was I thinking :-D

Why am I a satisfied customer?

We all heard the rave reviews about Trilogy and their product. How about customer service?

My S/C'd experiance has not been without trouble. My blower had a vacuum leak where the snout bolts to the housing. A phone call to Jerry, and a new blower was in the shop in two days. It sat there longer because of a back log in customers at the shop - I had to wait my turn.

I recently had an idler pulley go bad. The berring quit. Another phone call to Jerry and in two days, the part was on my work bench. I tiook me longer to get to it then it took to get it.

Sincearly,
One of the Wizards little Muchkins. Sorry, dats funny!

Smokie

Established Member
This thread has great potential as long as the participants treat each others choices with respect.

My choice and why: Trilogy.

--Trilogy provided me with a kit that looked exactly the way I like it: Ford OEM.
--Very quiet at idle.
--No other power train mods necessary.
--Powerful with a conservative tune, my passengers not aware of S/C unless I want them to know.
--Jerry's well deserved reputation for customer service "Second to none"
--Lidio's reputation as a tuner, very well deserved.

I have always respected and admired the acomplishments of my other fellow Marauder owners; whether they ran 13.2 N/A or 11 flat at 4700 lbs, from the owner of a bone stock Marauder that is thrilled that he ran 14.999 to anything in between.

My choice does not make me or my car better than anyone else here and I hope that when someone forms an opinion about who I am, that decision is made based on what I do and how I treat those I interact with.... not what S/C I purchased.

Last edited:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
My Procharger Kit #2

When I purchased my Marauder the only kits available were the Trilogy and Vortec. I have owned three Mustangs (still have one now), one with a Powerdyne and two with Prochargers. I broke two internal blower belts racing my first Mustang with the Powerdyne and had no problems what-so-ever with the Procharger kits to date.

I was all set and had a check ready to go to Trilogy for their supercharger kit. Then I heard that a Procharger kit was going to be released for the Marauder. I decided to wait and check it out. The first kit went to TMAC and there were some issues that needed to be resolved. Being in the high performance world since the mid 70's I fully realized that there were going to be some initial problems that had to be cured. I bought my Procharger Kit #2 for the following reasons.

1. I was very familar with Prochargers and had previous excellent success and customer service with A.T.I. in the past.

2. I love the mid and big end pull of a centrafugal blower.

3. I fully planned to compensate the low end loss with gears and a torque convertor.

4. I have always liked the normal day-to-day driveability of my Prochargers as well as that recognized whistle at idle, yet totally quiet when under boost.

5. I had fully planned to seek more extreme high end horsepower and mods down the road.

6. Upgrading to a blower with more boost potential (P1SC to a D1SC) would be easier for me, once I get the motor forged as well as being cost effective paying only the upgrade cost of the conversion.

7. My plan is a mid to low 11 second street/strip Marauder maintaining all the creature comforts and room. I will achieve this goal very soon. True motor heads need that horsepower rush..

8. If I ever decide to sell my car, I can put it back to stock relatively easy and keep most of the parts for another car. (but, I will probably keep my Marauder until I die, I absolutely love this car) SO this is not an issue.

9. And most important to me, I like to be different with my high performace cars. Every one I have built or modified has been different than the rest. I personally like to follow a different path than the majority. Even some of the cosmetic things I did with the car are different from most (ghosted graphics that match my Mustang) and the new polished valve covers going on the new forged stroker motor I am building.

10. Choice and personalization is what is all about... : :thumbsup:

Last edited:

bigslim

Established Member
I have a Trilogy supercharger for these reasons:

1. I wanted more low-end power and torque. I am not really one to go to the track all the time. High-end power is not what I needed most. I wanted something for the occasional stoplight race.

2. I wanted to maintain the drivebilty as if it were stock. I have been in cars with torque convertors and although most are not bad they just weren't for me. Driving JD's car made me aware that this setup is still quite acceptible.

3. I wanted the look of OEM. When I am at a car show the first thing out of peoples mouths is "I didn't know Ford offered a supercharger on these".

4. Knew I had to have it after the first ride in Trilogy #1. When Jerry, whom I just met 5 minutes before the test ride took me for a ride I knew that this was the set up for. Prior to this ride I had been in a Procharged car made by Pandes here in town. That car was to rough for my taste. No knock to Procharger, just to Pandes for making such a raw car.

5. The staff at Trilogy is first rate. I felt that there was no better customer service than I was to recieve at Trilogy. This and the fact that me Jerry had become very good friends helped in my decision.

6. I know that my car is not the fastest MM (13.1 at 105mph) out there but it offers me enough grunt to have enough fun. I don't want to go with the extreme. The quicker you make your car the more that can go wrong. As I have said before any superchared MM is great. I have been in all the different setups and have seen all of them run. There really is not a bad choice. The choice is up to the individual.

MENACE

Banned
I chose the Trilogy kit because after much research I felt it was best suited for the Marauder and looked like it came from the factory. I also trusted Jerry and his company & Lidio and his crew ( :bowdown: ) with my new car. I still feel the same way today and if I had to do it all over again, I would make the same choice. :rockon: :burnout: :beer:

TRILOGY MOTORSPORTS MARAUDER S/C #0005

:pop:

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
I have not seen one bad reason why anyone bought the kit that they have on there marauder. Maybe we can all talk about superchargers and still respect each others supercharger choice. :beer:

MikesMerc

Established Member
maraudernkc said:
I have not seen one bad reason why anyone bought the kit that they have on there marauder. Maybe we can all talk about superchargers and still respect each others supercharger choice. :beer:

Amen.

Petrograde

ChampaneTaste, BeerBudget
Established Member
wow, is this the beginning of a civilized supercharger thread?

I have no plans to get supercharged,....... unless

I can get a Whipple Twin Screw S/C.

Jerry Barnes

Established Member
Response form Jerry Barnes

O.K.

I want everyone to understand I do appreciate our loyal customers and friends. And I sincerely appreciate everyone's support for our product, but I am beginning to feel a little self-conscious about people saying we are "The Best" supercharger in the market. I know I am sounding like I am doing a 180 degree change, but I want to emphasize once again, that there are other good products out there. We, at Trilogy Motorsports, sincerely appreciate our customers loyality base on the quailty, reliability and customer support we give them. I never want to let our egos get away from us, because when that happens you take your eye off the ball and stop being effective.

So I will sound like a broken record, but, Procharger and Vortech are great products and we are very pleased to be consider a serious competitor to those fine products. We look forward to offering other products and product improvements that make us competitive in other OEM(Chrysler & GM) products. But, if I ever sound arrogant or egotistical, please drive to Dearborn and Bitch Slap ME!

I really do enjoy what I do for a living and I really enjoy all the fun I have had since we got started in the Aftermarket Performance business. Maybe that is why we have been, somewhat, successful so far. But, the world changes and WE MUST STAY ON OUR TOES or someone will stop our little bit of success and feed us our lunch. Then I would have to go back to making a living doing things more mondain! Not that I can make a living at this just yet.

I just want everyone to stop the Supercharger Debates. Keep this thread focused on the advantages and disadvantages of each supercharger approach. I would hate to think that I might go to a Marauder event and a hockey game would break out, if you know what I mean!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Thank you,

Your Humble Entrepreneur

Last edited:

MENACE

Banned
Jerry, nice to have you here. You seem to be having a hard time staying away from The Darkerside. Be careful and don't fall into anymore traps. It can get very hostile here or at least it seems to be sometimes, but I believe its mostly all in good fun. Like trading jabs/insults when your hanging out with your best buddies. I consider most people here my friends ( :shrug: ) and if I met them in person I would probably not beat them up. :kaboom: ;-)

:p

DJP

Established Member
Sooooooo.....aside from the personality conflicts and brand loyalties, what I have learned from these supercharger wars is that, with all things being equal (i.e. converter, exhaust and gears), Trilogy walks on Procharger in the 1/4 and Procharger walks on Trilogy on a wide open road.

MikesMerc

Established Member
Niether kit does any walking over the other. Each kit indeeds has strengths and weaknesses, but the differeneces, in the end, are more subtle than that.

DJP

Established Member
So sorry, man.....I thought walking meant slowly pullling away as opposed to blowing away.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
DJP said:
Sooooooo.....aside from the personality conflicts and brand loyalties, what I have learned from these supercharger wars is that, with all things being equal (i.e. converter, exhaust and gears), Trilogy walks on Procharger in the 1/4 and Procharger walks on Trilogy on a wide open road.

Given equal mods and boost pressures, a 1/4 mile drag race between a Trilogy car and a Procharger car will be a dead heat, in my opinion.

I believe this race would be won by the better driver, or the car with more traction.

Users who are viewing this thread