Why is your supercharger best for you?

DJP

Established Member
tallboy said:
Given equal mods and boost pressures, a 1/4 mile drag race between a Trilogy car and a Procharger car will be a dead heat, in my opinion.

I believe this race would be won by the better driver, or the car with more traction.

In that case :burnout:

Last edited:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tallboy said:
Given equal mods and boost pressures, a 1/4 mile drag race between a Trilogy car and a Procharger car will be a dead heat, in my opinion.

I believe this race would be won by the better driver, or the car with more traction.

Well said Chuck :thumbsup: I agree :beer:

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Yup!

JD's Procharger MM and mine were modded almost opposite each other, yet at MVIII our best 1/4 times were off by about 100th of a second. He won.

I dont care what car and how much HP you got, if you cant drive it, your wasting time.

What works for you is whats important.

Jerry Barnes

Established Member
Response from Jerry Barnes

MENACE said:
Jerry, nice to have you here. You seem to be having a hard time staying away from The Darkerside. Be careful and don't fall into anymore traps. It can get very hostile here or at least it seems to be sometimes, but I believe its mostly all in good fun. Like trading jabs/insults when your hanging out with your best buddies. I consider most people here my friends ( :shrug: ) and if I met them in person I would probably not beat them up. :kaboom: ;-)

:p

Rick,

I agree. It's a little fun coming here once and a while. I can take a little ribbing too. You can say what you want about me, just talk about my Supercharger that way(hehehe). You ever see the movie "Hidalgo" and the guy says to the other guy who insults his horse, "You can say what you want about me, just don't be talking about my horse like that", then he decks the guy! I am the same about my Supercharger.

And Rick, it's good to see you causing trouble where ever you go!

Your Buddy,

Jerry

Last edited:

SergntMac

Established Member
Jerry Barnes said:
O.K.

I want everyone to understand I do appreciate our loyal customers and friends. And I sincerely appreciate everyone's support for our product, but I am beginning to feel a little self-conscious about people saying we are "The Best" supercharger in the market. I know I am sounding like I am doing a 180 degree change, but I want to emphasize once again, that there are other good products out there. We, at Trilogy Motorsports, sincerely appreciate our customers loyality base on the quailty, reliability and customer support we give them. I never want to let our egos get away from us, because when that happens you take your eye off the ball and stop being effective.

So I will sound like a broken record, but, Procharger and Vortech are great products and we are very pleased to be consider a serious competitor to those fine products. We look forward to offering other products and product improvements that make us competitive in other OEM(Chrysler & GM) products. But, if I ever sound arrogant or egotistical, please drive to Dearborn and Bitch Slap ME!

I really do enjoy what I do for a living and I really enjoy all the fun I have had since we got started in the Aftermarket Performance business. Maybe that is why we have been, somewhat, successful so far. But, the world changes and WE MUST STAY ON OUR TOES or someone will stop our little bit of success and feed us our lunch. Then I would have to go back to making a living doing things more mondain! Not that I can make a living at this just yet.

I just want everyone to stop the Supercharger Debates. Keep this thread focused on the advantages and disadvantages of each supercharger approach. I would hate to think that I might go to a Marauder event and a hockey game would break out, if you know what I mean!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Thanks you,

Your Humble Entrepreneur

and...

Jerry Barnes said:
Rick,

I agree. It's a little fun coming here once and a while. I can take a little ribbing too. You can say what you want about me, just talk about my Supercharger that way(hehehe). You ever see the movie "Hidalgo" and the guy says to the other guy who insults his horse, "You can say what you want about me, just don't be talking about my horse like that", then he decks th guy! I am the same about my Supercharger.

Your Buddy,

Jerry

Dayum...And I thought we were doing pretty good here.

Nevermind...Carry on, gents.

Last edited:

STLR FN

My Wiener's Covered
Established Member
Jerry,
I don't like your S/C :poke:, it scares me. :bs: but I have an :idea: let me take T2 for another :rolling: and see if that changes anything. :-D

MENACE

Banned
Jerry Barnes said:
Rick,

I agree. It's a little fun coming here once and a while. I can take a little ribbing too.

Your Buddy,

Jerry

Come on Jerry, I'm not causing trouble..........I'm just participating! :shrug:
And glad to see where still buddies......hope to see you sometime soon. :thumbsup:

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
I went to the Dream Cruise with the intention of picking my S/C Kit. I also was leaning towards a centrifugal because the installation was easier and I knew I would be doing my own install.

I had a chance to ride in Slim's car, Mike Z's car, and HighwayCruiser's car.

(Trilogy, Trilogy, Procharger respectively)

There were no Vortec kits that I saw.. perhaps I missed one?

When it came time to ask business type questions (support, tuning, etc.) the only "manufacturer" present was Jerry Barnes (Trilogy).

Frankly, if I lived in Florida I'd probably be with a Vortec, if in Kansas City area, Procharger, Detroit area, Trilogy. But I'm in Arizona... so it all had to by mail, phone, etc. I got to talk to Jerry, talk to Lidio, I hit my comfort zone on what S/C kit I felt could be supported long distance.

So Trilogy #105 for me.

It didn't hurt that I had an '03 Cobra before the MM so the Eaton was a familiar product for me.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
First, I want to say that I completely agree with Sergnt MAC's descriptive post in this thread about the different types of S/Cers. Having said that, I also want to say, that I chose a Trilogy Supercharger kit for my 03 Marauder for the following reasons:

#1. Roots S/Cers are better for low-end torque, and that's what a small V8 engine like the Marauder has, lacks the most. Particularly for drag racing, as well as street light action and an occasional rat race on the highway during very low volume traffic.

#2. I've always liked the way roots blowers look sitting on top of the engine. I'm a drag racer, and the look of a blower on top of a V8 engine just reminds me of a miniature top fuel or funny car engine (as far as looks go).

#3. I've heard many nuetral sources state that roots S/Cers are better for real heavy cars (over 3,200 LBS), and the Marauder weighing in at 4,200 LBS is certainly one heavy car.

#4. Since Lidio was the engine tuner who worked hand in hand with Jerry Barnes and Trilogy in the tuning and developmental stages of the Trilogy kit design, I was very confident of being able to use the Trilogy S/Cer kit as is, and w/out even having to get a custom dyno tune. And after taching on 29,000 miles on my Marauder since I've installed the Trilogy S/Cer kit(it has 40,000 miles total), and never even having any custom dyno tune performed to my car, it still runs fantastic for my daily commute to work and back, and still turns very low 12's in the quartermile. It's absolutely trouble-free, and has not as so much hiccupped!!

#5. I first read Lidio's article here--> http://www.alternativeauto.com/tuning/tuning_philosophy.html

and after reading that, I was convinced that the computer chip that comes with every Trilogy S/Cer kit is perfectly safe to use for street driving as well as racing, because it's burned by Lidio.

#6. I spoke to 8 Trilogy S/Cer customers ( 4 over the phone, and four in writing) and all of them were very pleased and had nothing but good to say despite me grilling them with questions about the Trilogy kit.

#7. Last, but certainly not least, the final selling point for me which caused me to spend my entire tax return money on a Trilogy S/Cer kit for my Marauder 2 years ago, was when I requested that a PDF file of the Trilogy Supercharger installation manual be sent to me via e-mail. When I looked at the 141 page installation manual, which came complete with color photos of the exact Marauder parts and engine compartment areas that I'd be working on in order to install their S/Cer, and I saw how detailed it was, and how it took me through every single little step of the process one at a time, I was then completely sold on this S/Cer kit for my car.

Since I never installed a S/Cer before, I was a bit intimidated by the very thought of installing one on my practically new Marauder (it only had 11,000 miles on it at the time). But having a good look at that installation manual fully convinced me that I can do it. And I did. And after two years since then, I've never regretted my choice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread