Why isn't a sunroof available on 2013 Shelby?

GoDawgs

Established Member
I realize there is obviously a convertible available for the 2013 Shelby, but why not a sunroof? Didn't know if there is a safety reason, or something that has never been on a Shelby in previous models.

I have seen the glass roof option, but the appeal and use of it is so different than a sunroof. I love to be able to open the sunroof without having too much air/wind that could be an issue with the convertible option. Nothing wrong by any means with a convertible or glass roof, but each to their own.

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
It's not available because of the top speed the car can reach. This was touched on with the Engineers at the Auto Show. It also explains why there is a 50mph difference in governed top speeds pof the vert and coupe.

GoDawgs

Established Member
ok

Aside from some of the homophobic replies, I appreciate the info that it had to do with headroom. I've also heard it had something to do with the shape, contour of the roof of the car making it too difficult.

Glass roof gives a good view, but not really functional and is a bit of a tease. Sunroof gives enough air but avoids the full effect of a convertible. I like convertibles myself, but owning one I would find to be a pain and a security (break ins, theft) concern. As I said before, to each their own. Whatever you have, enjoy it.

Sorry to disappoint, but I already have my 2013 Shelby on order and very much looking forward to it in the near future! Everyone here should be here more for their respect of the Shelby, rather than continuing to have fun beating down on all your Camaro driving friends. I'd much rather be driving MY Shelby than sitting behind a computer talking about a bunch of cars I obviously find inferior to my own.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Aside from some of the homophobic replies, I appreciate the info that it had to do with headroom. I've also heard it had something to do with the shape, contour of the roof of the car making it too difficult.

Glass roof gives a good view, but not really functional and is a bit of a tease. Sunroof gives enough air but avoids the full effect of a convertible. I like convertibles myself, but owning one I would find to be a pain and a security (break ins, theft) concern. As I said before, to each their own. Whatever you have, enjoy it.

Sorry to disappoint, but I already have my 2013 Shelby on order and very much looking forward to it in the near future! Everyone here should be here more for their respect of the Shelby, rather than continuing to have fun beating down on all your Camaro driving friends. I'd much rather be driving MY Shelby than sitting behind a computer talking about a bunch of cars I obviously find inferior to my own.

It's svtp- gotta have thick skin.

You could put an aftermarket roof in- but I think it would compromise the structural rigidity of the car- and leak in the future.

Change your order to a vert- get a speedster cover and a light bar.

rdsnk46

Established Member
I'd love to see a sunroof in these cars, my first car an 86 GT and had one. It would vent in 2 positions, it also was removable and would strap down in the hatch area with it's own cover. I got a lotta chics to get freaky with the moon shining in! LOL! A convertible wouldn't have provided enough cover for the activities! Hahahahha!

jbs$

Established Member
I put a sunroof in a Mustang for an early wife, it never quit leaking. I remember being very happy when I got rid of both problems.

VaporDude

Established Member
I have the sun roof option in my car. I have the glass roof and if I want some wind, I crack the windows a little and go faster.

Users who are viewing this thread