Why such slow throttle response?

Tygr1

Established Member
Why is the throttle response so slow in my Terminator? Tip-in response is almost non existent. It seems that full throttle response is about a foot away from tip-in as well.

Are all near stock Terminators this way?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
These cars actually have throttle cables and are not drive by wire like the newer cars. I would check your throttle cable and make sure you don't have any slack in it, sounds like you may need to tighten it up. What mods do you have done to your car?

Tygr1

Established Member
I have a 2.93 upper, Metco CAI, O/R X pipe w/ Magnaflows, and an SCT x3.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Is it a canned tune or custom? If it's canned I'd put the stock tune back in and see if that helps.

Tygr1

Established Member
Is it a canned tune or custom? If it's canned I'd put the stock tune back in and see if that helps.

What exactly does my canned 93 octane tune do anyway? Sorry for the dumb question but I haven't had a custom tune done yet.

cj428mach

Established Member
He is asking if the car has been custom dyno tuned or just a generic 03-04 Cobra Pulley tune done on it.

I wouldn't put the stock tune back on and beat on it...that sounds like a really bad idea. The one thing an 03-04 Cobra doesn't lack is throttle response so something definitely isn't right.

Tygr1

Established Member
I think I'm just not used to the cable throttle. The car does not lack for power, you just have to push the pedal quite a ways to get there, or so it seems to me.

cj428mach

Established Member
Stock TB or aftermarket?

Some of the aftermarket ones can have a funny pedal feel to them.

gaspasr

Established Member
Does your TB have a spring to help close it? My coupe had one and pedal feel was waaaay different that my vert.

Tygr1

Established Member
Thanks Blueline! This may be just what I need. I think a trip to Murillo Motorsports might be a good idea as well.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How long have you had the car, and when did you first notice the tip-in issue? Just wondering if it the issue is one that has gotten progressively worse.

01yellercobra

Established Member
He is asking if the car has been custom dyno tuned or just a generic 03-04 Cobra Pulley tune done on it.

I wouldn't put the stock tune back on and beat on it...that sounds like a really bad idea. The one thing an 03-04 Cobra doesn't lack is throttle response so something definitely isn't right.
My intention wasn't for him to beat on it with the stock tune. The way he was describing it sounds like it's a problem from as soon as he presses the accelerator. Driving at part throttle should be fine since he wouldn't be in boost.

But it sounds like it might be a cable issue as I read more.

Users who are viewing this thread