Why's it always gotta be the GT....

Black2010

Established Member
So, last night I'm on my way home from a soccer game (11pm) minding my own business with the top down and the radio going. While cruising down this Mexican toll road I pass this 02 WS6 trans am. Car looked nice but sounded really bad as he was either running open headers or had cut his mufflers off. The speed limit is 75 and for some reason he was only cruising at about 55 when I passed him while going 75. About 30 seconds later he does a fly by. I don't bite. I guess he got irritated that I didn't play so he moved into my lane and slowed down to about 55 again until I was right up on him. I move over a lane to pass (still maintaining my speed) and when I get next to him he punches it. Again, he must have been irritated that I didn't run so he does this, slow down in my lane till I'm on his butt again routine. This time slow down to his speed for a bit and ride his butt. I'm a bit frustrated at this point so I drop it to 3rd and pull one lane over and then I punch it. He got WOT as well of which he pulls about 1.5 cars on me from 55 to 90ish. I'm actually quite embarrassed at this point FOR HIM. Why you ask? Well, I own 3 mustangs. One is an 04 cobra, another is a 2010GT with the full Roush treatment including the supercharger and then I have my DD which is a bone stock engine 02 GT convertible. The only mods on the car are lowering springs (as I don't like driving 4x4's ;) and a bassani catback exhaust. Outside of that there are no performance mods thus why I say a bone stock engine.

I'm sure at this point there is some F body forum post about this as well where they are talking crap about mustangs.

P.S. - I think he got a little irritated when I pulled up next to him and asked why you guys (F body cars) only ever want to play with my stock GT and you never want to play with my cobra. Ugh, so frustrating that this ALWAYS happens in my GT. I've contemplating making the GT a sleeper but the money it seems it would cost is prohibitive to where I'd rather just sell it for a different car. Figured I'd be in about $15K to make it respectable in this age of performance cars.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Just put a blower on it for 4k and let it ride.

However, a mildly modified WS6 would put a hurting on even a cobra, so be careful with those LS1 cars.

Black2010

Established Member
2002 but you know what I meant. I edited the post to correct it. Sorry, I don't really follow F body cars and I was thinking 03 was the last year of that body style.

Last edited:

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
about 5 years ago or so I was crusing home from a movie with my then girlfriend late in the evening and no traffic. I was driving 60 or less just talking and this loud probably 1998 mustang GT pulled up beside my then tuned 2005 GTO which was no slouch. She said "do it" so I slowed down to about 40 mph, put it in 2nd right in the sweet spot of that engine, honked and was off on 3. I'm not kidding you before I could even shift he was 5 cars ahead of me so no doubt it can be done. She just goes "I thought you said this was a fast car, it's slow!". Yeah, never did live that one down

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Pretty sure he means a stock cobra, obviously a heavily modified car is going to beat a near stock car in this situation.

I was referring to a modified LS1 as in head/cam/intake/exhaust, you know, same shit they all have done, aka 'cam only'

sniper85

Established Member
OP.....I know excalty how you feel. When I had my Shelby no one ever wanted to race. Except a few times. I remember I started the race 3 different times and got my ass handed to me. In the end they were all cool guys gave me a thumbs up and said nice ride and went our seperate ways. Now that i have my 15 PP GT, everyone wants to race. But when I'm in my SRT Jeep. It's pick and choose. I get alot of people thinking its just a jeep and they get all pissed when they can't keep up but I've ran into a few stangs and camaros that see the "SRT" on the back and hit the brakes not coming anywhere close.

Also, @ 1997slobrah I just beat off to your profile pic. .......just FYI

Last edited:

Greenwood1982

Established Member
about 5 years ago or so I was crusing home from a movie with my then girlfriend late in the evening and no traffic. I was driving 60 or less just talking and this loud probably 1998 mustang GT pulled up beside my then tuned 2005 GTO which was no slouch. She said "do it" so I slowed down to about 40 mph, put it in 2nd right in the sweet spot of that engine, honked and was off on 3. I'm not kidding you before I could even shift he was 5 cars ahead of me so no doubt it can be done. She just goes "I thought you said this was a fast car, it's slow!". Yeah, never did live that one down

Those 6.0 gtos were hella fast cars in their day. Only thing I knew of , american that is, that was pushing 400 hp from the factory at the time. N/A of course. Never had the opportunity to drive one, but wouldn't turn it down for sure. Don't feel too bad buddy.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Those 6.0 gtos were hella fast cars in their day. Only thing I knew of , american that is, that was pushing 400 hp from the factory at the time. N/A of course. Never had the opportunity to drive one, but wouldn't turn it down for sure. Don't feel too bad buddy.

I almost traded my 2v in on an '06. Car had longtubes, offroad mids, catback, VRX5 cam. Sounded sooooo good at idle. They are probably the most comfortable fast car I have ever been in. The seats are amazing and there is quite a bit of room in there. However, visibility seemed terrible. I ended up keeping my car as they wouldn't come down on price but damn it was a quick car that sounded amazing.

Here is a video. I hated how it sounded once you took off. If I would have bought it, the car was getting Corsa's very soon after haha.
[youtube_browser]rRcHMROHdco[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
I almost traded my 2v in on an '06. Car had longtubes, offroad mids, catback, VRX5 cam. Sounded sooooo good at idle. They are probably the most comfortable fast car I have ever been in. The seats are amazing and there is quite a bit of room in there. However, visibility seemed terrible. I ended up keeping my car as they wouldn't come down on price but damn it was a quick car that sounded amazing.

Here is a video. I hated how it sounded once you took off. If I would have bought it, the car was getting Corsa's very soon after haha.
[youtube_browser]rRcHMROHdco[/youtube_browser]

My lawd in heaven that idle:rockon:

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Yup, it sounded awesome. I'll own one someday, they make a nice fun daily driver from how comfy they are.

croppz

Established Member
I was looking at 06 Goats like a madman before I got my 5.0. Decided against it. Pontiac isn't around anymore and had a bad experience with GMs electrical issues.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Nice death OP, I know the feeling. I can never find people that will even attempt to race me when I am in the Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread