Wide band question.

braindontstop31

Established Member
I installed a AEM wideband on each of my rear Bassani OR/X bungs. Car is currently completely stock except
JLT CAI, OR/X, and Flowmaster Catback. At idle both gauges read about 14~15 AFR. When normal driving it is about 14.5~15 AFR. When I go WOT and hammer on it, it reads about 11-11.5 AFR. Is this about right or a little fat at WOT? I am getting ready to install my VMP blower and get it tuned, I was just curious to see what I had stock. I just installed the wideband and gauges last night. GUAGES.jpg

Reason for two is just a little extra monitoring.

Mach828

Established Member
That is a little fat but safe. 11.6-11.8 is more common for a balance between safety and power

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
You put them in the rear O2 bungs? I've heard the readings will be a little off that far back. I don't know for sure so maybe someone will chime in with more experience.

braindontstop31

Established Member
You put them in the rear O2 bungs? I've heard the readings will be a little off that far back. I don't know for sure so maybe someone will chime in with more experience.

Yeah they are in the rear with catless x-pipe. Don't a lot of tuners use a wideband in the tail pipe when tuning?

b_dike

Established Member
My tuner actually tested different locations for the sniffers. From the back of the manifold to the tips there was only something like .02's of a difference...iirc So not nearly enough to make that big a deal.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think the difference is if you have cats or not. I want to say it was about .5 of a point from after the cat to before it.

Users who are viewing this thread